MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update

Friday 24th August 2007

Receive all current account bank statements going back to 1987.

Before I congratulate you, is the distance back in time you wanted? If so - AT LONG LAST!!!!

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

Wednesday 29th August 2007

In my absence, receive a letter from the Information Commissioners Office informing me that my case has been passed onto their Regulatory Action Division for 'further consideration'

I had been wondering by this time whether the sudden and mysterious arrival of all my statements had been due to my Information Commissioners Office complaint, or my issuing court proceedings via an Application Notice (form N244) for a Pre Action Disclosure Hearing.

This seems to suggest that it is a combination of both, perhaps drizzled with a little cockiness, given the test case and OFT/FSA arrrangement, that they might not now have to cough up at all, so they may as well send the data? who knows?

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Hi Deedee

Good to see you again! I hope you're well. Yes, for the bank account statements this is the complete set.

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Update

Wednesday 5th September 2007

Receive letter from Information Commissioners Office - case has now been passed to a Remedies Officer:

Dear Mr. Boy

Since Halifax Plc has still not provided you with a complete response to your subject access request the matter has been referred to the Information Commissioner's Regulatory Action Division.

As you are probably aware Halifax PLC is part of Halifax Bank Of Scotland (HBOS). I have today written to HBOS requiring them to provide the outstanding information or explain why this cannot be done.

I have asked HBOS to respond to my letter within 14 days.

You should be aware that Halifax may not have retained information that is over six years old as they are probably not obliged to do so (my emphasis).

I shall be in touch when I hear from HBS

Yours etc.

(named officer)

Why are they pre-judging the law here? I know they are the regulators but surely it isn't their job to speculate on the law? Anyway in my case it's it's irrelevant as they appear have coughed up everything.

Although I now appear to have all my current account data, at this stage I am still missing a large swathe of my Credit Card information.

Write to your MP and

Update

Monday 10th September 2007

Receive a package from Halifax containing virtually all my credit card statements, barring approximately 3 months from account opening (August 1992). Am still going through them to check.

Write to your MP and

Update

Tuesday 11th September 2007

Receive a telephone call from the Halifax. Very pleasant and informative gentleman asking if I had received everything. I told him that I was still in the process of checking. He gave me a direct telephone number and told me I could call him anytime with any questions; and to report to him immediately should I be missing any information.

Gobsmacked, frankly. :eek:

Write to your MP and

Now I am coming to terms with the fact that I have, through sheer persistence, cheek and bloody-mindedness (not to mention the support of everyone following my story on here), succeeded in getting past Ms. SixYears Thatisall, I'm wondering what I need to do with my Pre-Action Disclosure hearing, which is still scheduled for 23rd October

• Do I cancel it?
  • Can I cancel it
  • Is there any way that I can still proceed with it in order to recover my costs?

Informed advice welcomed. Thanks once again to everyone for your help and support so far - and a particularly large thank-you to Kenny for keeping my chin up through all this so far!

NEXT JOB - add all this stuff up and stick in a claim!

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

You're most welcome DK - thanks for your support!

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

Thanks Money :D Nice to hear from you too - hope all is well!

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Patrickq1

from what i can gather halifax has the biggest data base more than most banks put together so i am sure they will have all the information you need
They may indeed - but it's taken six months of stress and pain on my part; with a huge dollop of misleading information, obfuscation and downright dishonesty on their part, to get it out of them.

Write to your MP and

Now I am coming to terms with the fact that I have, through sheer persistence, cheek and bloody-mindedness (not to mention the support of everyone following my story on here), succeeded in getting past Ms. SixYears Thatisall, I'm wondering what I need to do with my Pre-Action Disclosure hearing, which is still scheduled for 23rd October

· Do I cancel it?

· Can I cancel it

· Is there any way that I can still proceed with it in order to recover my costs?

Informed advice welcomed. Thanks once again to everyone for your help and support so far - and a particularly large thank-you to Kenny for keeping my chin up through all this so far!

NEXT JOB - add all this stuff up and stick in a claim!

Mac

Hi MacBoy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I would be inclined to not discontinue the hearing until you have indeed verified that you have all the information requested, and until you receive the missing three months of your credit card statements. Not sure what the procedure is for discontinuance but will read up when I get home.

Amazing what the fear of disclosure can do to an organisation!

I have just sent a Letter Before Action to Citi Cards, as they have failed to comply with my DSAR in full. Hmmmm…………..

I’m pleased you're back now and so is Dusary. Los Tres Amigos are reunited and everything is right again in the world :p:D

• Haha 1

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Thanks deedee!

Wonderful to see you back again too - the honorary, er, 'Quatro'th' Amiga... ;)

Good luck with Citi - I would also back that up with an immediate complaint to the Information Commissioners Office should you not get a satisfactory response.

I feel the team is back in the house! :D:D:D

Write to your MP and

Hi MacBoy

Glad to see your getting into the swing of things again and hope everything goes well for you.

Regards :)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Thanks very much Overflow... happy to see things are progressing in the right direction for you too ;):D

Write to your MP and

well done macboy! they dont make it easy do they?! It took me 6mths to get all my data off halifax (back to 1988) it was unbelievably hard work. In the end I got it from the branch where I opened the account - can you believe it?! In the form of an investors report, so it takes some wading through. Haven't yet filed a claim tho' - have been seriously put off by the test case situation... Not sure whether to go for it! Will be watching your thread closely - all the best x

Given that Macs thread will be read by lots of folk, am posting this info for Scots and for others to pass on:

Small claim limit to increase from Jan 2008 in Sherrif Courts from £750 to

£3,000.

Summary cause claims rise from £3,000 to £5,000.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-charges-media/113913-scottish-small-claims-limits.html

Apologies for highjack!!

Welcome back Mac, Good to see that at long last you are starting to get somewhere with this, will be keeping an eye on your progress. I hace been outnumbered and " got at" from all sides the last couple of weeks, so you may take some of this away from me. LOL.

you will soon be going platinum as you deserve.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Thanks very much Stoned :D

Write to your MP and

Would just like to say well done,Iam having some problems myself regarding old accounts but it's with Clydesdale Bank.

I received some statements dating back to 2001 6 different accounts i have been receiving duplicated copies of the same accounts and nothing from others, wrote and complained to Information commisioner and guess what they sent the same info again so far I have received

4 x 123 account

3 x 234 account

3 x 345 account

2 x 456 account

it's ridiculous.

If you don't mind can I borrow bits of some of your letters.

mrsc

Fill your boots. And good luck - give me a shout if you get stuck. If you don't get what you want - write again to the Information Commissioners Office.

The duplicates are extremely frustrating I know, but once they realise that you're not going away and have the Information Commissioners Office on your side and/or a Court action to force disclosure (as with myself), you should find that you start getting meaningful data.

Mac

Write to your MP and