Intrum Justitia Arghhhhhh, help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Honest Pam

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Never mention it again Pam

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

No siree not me pam not a peep;)

Does anyone else think they are likely to take the matter to court, this has taken the edge off my smile now:confused:

rinkydinkydoo,

They are unable to take you to court, because they would have to supply the original agreement to prove the debt.... which they do not have, I think they are trying to bully you...if the 12 days plus one month have passed, they have committed a criminal offence....

Until they produce the agreement the debt is in dispute in any case...

I hope this helps

nannamoon1

I agree with nanamoon . They would need the original document to prove you actuallly owe them any money.

The court would require proof of a debt.

You have made a lawful request for proof of the debt. They cannot produce it so tough titty Activ.

Hi,

Personally, I still think they can take you to court because there are other means of proving the debt exists. As to the weight of these means is beyond my knowledge but there are possible ways.

Most companies simpy would not go to court because you made a request under the Consumer Credit Act for a copy of your agreement and as they have defaulted on this agreement, they are not entitled to enforce the debt. It also makes them look very bad and they risk a fine.

As for none compliance being a criminal offence, I am not so sure of that as from my reading of the Consumer Credit Act the wording is that the creditor commits and offence with no mention of it being a criminal offence.

To be honest, I think Aktiv will give up :-).

I am just offering my view of things so take it as you please.:p

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Hi,

Personally, I still think they can take you to court because there are other means of proving the debt exists. As to the weight of these means is beyond my knowledge but there are possible ways.

Most companies simpy would not go to court because you made a request under the Consumer Credit Act for a copy of your agreement and as they have defaulted on this agreement, they are not entitled to enforce the debt. It also makes them look very bad and they risk a fine.

As for none compliance being a criminal offence, I am not so sure of that as from my reading of the Consumer Credit Act the wording is that the creditor commits and offence with no mention of it being a criminal offence.

To be honest, I think Aktiv will give up :-).

I am just offering my view of things so take it as you please.:p

Hi, can anyone further explain the bit I have highlighted, does anyone know how a debt can be proved in any other way than having a fully complete cca with all the requirements,

Regards, Rinky:?

Don't worry about it.....

In theory, although a company may take you to court whilst being in default of your legal request for a CCA... they cannot have the debt re-enforced in court without this document. A Deed of Assignment can prove the existence of a debt (if a DCA has bought it)... but the CCA is needed for enforcement. This is why people don't go after a non-complying DCA for a refund.... they can prove the debt exists with a D of A.

Without a CCA, court action would be a waste of time for a DCA.

The CCA, 1974 is quite clear.... whilst a creditor remains in default of your request, they cannot enforce payment. The "criminal offence" bit comes in if they continue to harrass you for payment whilst being in default after 12 working days and one calendar month and they can be reported for this.

:)

• Haha 1