• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Revenge needed against mbna

hellhasnofury
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just about got my blood pressure down after last night.

Received another haressment call from MBNA last night at 8.30.

Slight change in tactics, softley softley approach. No security checks nothing.. He just said my name like he knew me and of course I answered speaking and that was the start of the conversation. He kept on saying what could he do to help me and kept on repeating himself, He then asked for for a payment of £27.50 to stop the account being defaulted and sold. I told him to do this as I was not prepared to give them anymore money. Oh then he turned nasty and told me that MBNA would put a charging order on my house, OH dear:eek: .

I imformed him that at this present time they could not actually do this. The account would have to be defaulted and then they would have to take me to court, and the fact that I had acknowledged the debt to them and had made regular monthly payments to them would actually be taken into account.

Then he got really nasty and ensured me that he would personally ensure that a charging order would be put on my house.

I am now in the process of complaining by letter to Mr W Waring regarding these haressment calls and have also written to my MP. I have e-mailed battleaxe (the saint) with my complaint.

Who else due I inform? anybody

Can I just say that MBNA talk a lot of crap.I had one client that owed them 17 GRAND and they refused to take him to court. He is in Scotland, and was waiting for Court Action to prove his apparent insolvency for bankruptcy. They wouldn't do it.

Eventually he got ****ed off and signed a Trust Deed for peace. MBNA never replied.

THis is just one case, and I won't say that MBNA won't take people to court,cos they might.However they seem to bump their gums a lot and do sod all.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If everybody goes to google and search for Credit Card, this will list MBNA as a sponsored link, if you click on this it will cost them over 1 quid at a time.

It will also mess with there marketing strategy - ****ing on the marketing on the internet.

In the long run this will stop them advertising on google and getting new customers.

I've already cost them a fiver:D:D:D:D:D:D

If everybody goes to google and search for Credit Card, this will list MBNA as a sponsored link, if you click on this it will cost them over 1 quid at a time.

It will also mess with there marketing strategy - ****ing on the marketing on the internet.

In the long run this will stop them advertising on google and getting new customers.

I've already cost them a fiver:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nice idea but they're not in the sponsored links (.co.uk), so I clicked Capital 1 instead.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Well Well,

There has been letters flying to and fro between myself and Equidebt.

They have done the debt is not void and outstanding etc and will not remove the default etc etc.

They offered to settle for a quarter of the alleged amount and mark the default and settled:eek:

Wrote a strong letter back attaching a statutory section 10 under the dpa.

Received a letter today stating in summary, we have closed our files. You should not hear from us again and we have requested your credit file is amended and the default is removed.

Wonder how I will respond to that one:-D

Thank you for your letter:lol::D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello HHNF!

Received a letter today stating in summary, we have closed our files. You should not hear from us again and we have requested your credit file is amended and the default is removed.

Well, looks like you owe Santa an extra Mince Pie and a much larger Glass of Sherry!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

BRW

Hello HHNF!

Well, looks like you owe Santa an extra Mince Pie and a much larger Glass of Sherry!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

BRW

Many thanks BRW:-D

Yes it has taken a good few months and many letters, but yes what a result:grin:

My good fortune has nothing to do with Santa (but won't hedge my bets) I think it is to do with the Feng Shui 3 legged toad (chinese good fortune frog) I placed at my front door last week.

Well you have to try any which way you can:lol::lol::lol:

Have not quite finished with them yet though:wink:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Well Well Well,

There has been letters flying to and fro between myself and Equidebt.

They have done the debt is not void and outstanding etc and will not remove the default etc etc.

They offered to settle for a quarter of the alleged amount and mark the default and settled:eek:

Wrote a strong letter back attaching a statutory section 10 under the Data Protection Act.

Wonder how I will respond to that one:-D

Thank you for your letter:lol::D

Blimey:eek: Miracles do happen at christmas!:D

Congratulations HHNF. Merry christmas and a happy and prosperous new year to you and everyone on the thread:)

Blimey:eek: Miracles do happen at christmas!:D

Congratulations HHNF. Merry christmas and a happy and prosperous new year to you and everyone on the thread:)

Yes indeed they do

My face is sore from smiling:D Yes I really do look like this:D

Merry xmas to:-D you too

Yes indeed they do

Just don't ride a bike for the next few days - you'll get bugs in your teeth:)

Just read back through the whole thread to refresh my goldfish memory; was there never an agreement signed in the first place? Or did the original cred destroy it when they sold it on?

I only ask as I've got two accounts that were sold to MBNA by HBOS. MBNA have admitted to me that they do have and have never had my application/agreement and have written to HBOS requesting it and will send it on if they get it. Do they have the legal right to collect on a debt without a signed contract from the debtor? 'Cos they've been doing so for 2-3 years....

Yes indeed they do

Just read back through the whole thread to refresh my goldfish memory; was there never an agreement signed in the first place? Or did the original cred destroy it when they sold it on?

I only ask as I've got two accounts that were sold to MBNA by HBOS. MBNA have admitted to me that they do have and have never had my application/agreement and have written to HBOS requesting it and will send it on if they get it. Do they have the legal right to collect on a debt without a signed contract from the debtor? 'Cos they've been doing so for 2-3 years....

Hello,

No there never was a credit agreement forwarded to me by MBNA, I am off the belief that they acquired it from robert fleming, when they collapsed:eek: but to be honest it was so long ago, I am not 100% sure.

I would certainly be questioning the legality of this, if they don't have your credit agreement how can they ask for payments.

Are you paying them?????

I am having a bit of a ding dong with ge money, who received payments from myself under the mistaken belief that I had a contractual obligation to pay them. I now feel otherwise after they cannot produce a valid ca from themselves or the original lender.

They now have issued their final response and will not discuss the matter any further, so in the new year, court proceedings will be issued:-D.

It is only a small amount of money, the money is not important, its the unlawfull activies of these companies that is important. Ge money who have never had a credit agreement, defaulted me and sold the account of £54 to a dca.

They need to take responsibility for their actions:-D

Thanks HHNF; I was more or less thinking along the same lines - no signed agreement, no contract, no right to collect. Have now stopped payments.

A strongly worded letter and a SAR will be winging it's way to MBNA in the new year:D

Wholeheartedly agree with you about their appalling behaviour and holding them to account. With a bit of luck we will be able to give them a head ache that has nothing to do with a hangover;)

Hi Hellhasnofury!

Well done! it is so encouraging seeing someone getting the better of MBNA:DMerry Christmas!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Hellhasnofury!

Well done! it is so encouraging seeing someone getting the better of MBNA:DMerry Christmas!

And a Happy New Year :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes indeed they do

Were your credit cards taken out with mbna? as you mention that they were sold to mbna, does this mean your took out credit cards with hbos (halifax?) and they sold them to another credit card company, dead confused on this one... my cards as you know are with mbna

Muffintop

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hi Muffintop,

Yes two of my cards were originally taken out with HBOS - who then sold the accounts to MBNA.

I've got another two cards that were taken out directly with MBNA, though. So ended up with four MBNA cards altogether.

Hope that clears up any confusion:)

thanks very green didnt realise that other credit cards bought debts from each other.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT