Welshbaba 'v's HSBC

welshbaba
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wouldnt we be notified if there was a stay tho? Im hoping that coz we are so far down the line that it will go ahead still. Now you've confused me even more!!!!! lol, regarding the letter about the stay. Jeez, wot to do for the best.

Sha

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it says that in that link they gave you - if they were to turn up and ask for a stay and hadn't notified you that they were going to do it - then you point it out to the judge.

there's been some great reading on here lately -

take a look at these -

OFT v Banks - **Don't panic!!!**

Found this in new posts - very encouraging

welshb, someone said if you put it on a larger font the settled claims comes out clearer.

sha I'm Totally confused

I read a thread earlier today where someone conacted DG and they were told that HSBC has instructed DG not to make any more offers and to ask for a stay in every case.

I think the best plan is as freaky, lattie and co says and carry on as normal

Ian

it's like this - if you haven't yet filed in court - you'll get a letter saying they won't even look into it - so - as bookworm suggests - just go ahead and file to be in line for a payout later.

if you are waiting for a specific court date - we think that it will proceed to an offer or to court where dg will ask for a stay - but they have missed deadlines and court directions and the judge will not take kindly to this - so go prepared - with a copy of the letter what letter????

sorry, meant to post this one to read as well.....Application for removal of staty

so, that should help. so that's everybody at the very early stages and at the later stages - i think it is the poor peeps in the middle - like just at the end of the 28 days who will get theirs stayed until after the test case. i think all three of you par, welshb, manicb, - all with court dates coming up soon - should keep doing exactly as you were doing before - and write that letter to take with you - but hopefully you'll get offers.

and yes, i read what dg said as well - but i still think what i've just written.

Thanks Lats, will keep on keeping on!!!

Just read that thread on new posts - brilliant, made me giggle big time. Will print out that letter to take just in case its needed.

Thanks again

Sha:)

Does anyone have or know of aletter that can accompany a Bundle? Its not been asked for but thought i would send one to DG as a BIG nudge!!

Lats - regarding the printing of the successful claims, it comes out fine, just not all of the page it only gives me the 1st 3 columns when i copy and paste....any ideas?

Much appreciated

Sha

Here is a copy of my letter to DG. You can adapt it to suit your needs and add a huuuuge nudge to it:-

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Date

Re: xxxxxxxxxxx- v - HSBC

account no: xxxxxxxx

claim no: xxxxxxxxx, Filing date:xx.xx.xx.

I refer to our preliminary hearing in this matter which is scheduled for the xx.xx.2007 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx County Court.

Although this matter is listed for further directions and preliminary hearing and papers have not been requested at this stage, I am enclosing with this letter the papers that I will be presenting and evidence that I will be calling upon at this and any future hearing.

With kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

OMG - just rang the court to get a bit of extra info and the man in listings told me that all the cases were with someone who is going through them all ready for the 14th (so ours must still be going ahead?).

He said there are 800 to be sorted!!!

nearly fell of the chair........... thats gone up from a couple of weeks ago

Sha

Just got off the phone to Cardiff Court and the woman I spoke to said the same.... all to be stayed :( . She then went on to say that it would be pointless sending anything in, although we could appeal against the stay/judgment but I would have to state why my case stands out more than any other>

Now totally confused about what to do..... I printed out the letter against the stay.

Any suggestions as whats next

Thanks Sha

Hi Sha Very frustrating all this. I think we should object to the stay. I am going to send the letter in. In fact when I spoke to the court this morning they told me everything was going to proceed as normal. I don't think we should accept this without a fight.

Hi Sha Very frustrating all this. I think we should object to the stay. I am going to send the letter in. In fact when I spoke to the court this morning they told me everything was going to proceed as normal. I don't think we should accept this without a fight.

I agree I'm starting to copy my letter now, I'm also going to send evidence that I've done everything possible to bring this case to a conclusion, at one stage I offered DG the opertunity to offer me a reduced settlemement but they saw fit to ignore all my efforts and corrrespondence, they should not be rewarded for this unprofessional conduct

ian

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1050437", true);

Parian, I had the same issue with DG. My claim was stayed from 22 May until July 8th - in order for us to agree an offer.

In that time I sent 3 letters (recorded) and a number of emails.

I did not get a single reply to any of it.

I have now been given a hearing date for 28th Aug. although this may get Stayed because of the OFT case.

They seem to be able to play the system the way they want.

Kev.

Parian, Shelley... We should keep in touch....it is a travesty that they are able to further delay things... . .Are you both in Cardiff? How about a meeting to discuss tactics on Sat 11th ... they cannot ignore hundreds of us objecting to stays surely ??

As our date is only just over a week away - I was hoping the judge might just carry on for this month as its so close.

Ian, what will you be sending in with your "stay" letter? all the correspondence you have sent or what?

Thanks

Sha

Hi Sha

I am going to send all the correspodnce sent to DG to the judge along with a letter requesting that the Stay be lifted but not until I have had confirmation from the courts.:(

Maybe we could all request a special hearing of some sort from Judge Hickinbottom?? How can they get away with wasting so much court time and not get penalised! Very unfair I think!!:mad:

Manic.