1st Credit are noting the contents of my communication... oh yes they are

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st Credit is owned by Bridgepoint whos' directors include Alan Milburn MP & former minister

That explains a hell of a lot. Have you ever known any politician to give a straight answer. No matter what the question is all they do is keep repeating themselves whether its the answer to your question or not. Write a letter to a government department and I bet your letters will be replied in a similar way to that of 1st Credit.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a phone call to Private Eye might be in order?
That is an excellent idea. As an avid reader of Lord Gnome's illustrious publication Im sure they would redden a few faces. Do I detect the Hon. Member may have a conflict of interest

I had an idea... I wonder if their computer sends one of these letters for each e-mail you send...

I'm going to find out. :D:D

Well, only if my computer breaks and has problems sending e-mail, obviously... ;):D

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

I had an idea... I wonder if their computer sends one of these letters for each e-mail you send...

I'm going to find out. :D:D

Well, only if my computer breaks and has problems sending e-mail, obviously... ;):D

You will be very popular with your postman

That explains a hell of a lot. Have you ever known any politician to give a straight answer. No matter what the question is all they do is keep repeating themselves whether its the answer to your question or not. Write a letter to a government department and I bet your letters will be replied in a similar way to that of 1st Credit.

Hi all,

It also explains a reply I had from that very MP.

I wrote and asked his opinion on all the banks and cc companies abusing the courts with their tactics over bank charges, i.e, making people start legal proceedings, and then making offers right at the last minute.

His reply was basically a reiteration of the statement on charges made by the OFT.

Not quite the question I asked, was it?

Jeff.

Go back & ask him if that is the opinion of him or 'his' company 1st Credit the debt collectors!

Hi MrFancypants,

I might just do that!

I think I'll be telling him in no uncertain terms just what I think about companies like 1st Credit etc!

The letter I wrote to Alan Milburn was passed to the Economic Secretary, Ed Balls, for reply.

By the way, I wrote a similar letter to a certain Mr Blair. The letter was passed to the DTI for a response. Again the reply, from the DTI, only addresses the statement from the OFT.

Regards, Jeff.

It's striking me that the first time someone e-mails 1st Credit to say "I'm deaf. Don't phone; write" their policy of ignoring the contents of e-mails and sending out a letter saying "No, phone" is goign to cause them some difficulty!

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

So... I got letter from 1st Credit today. You'll never guess what it said.

Actually. You will.

It said:

Thank you for your recent communication.

The contents of this communication have been noted

Please telephone this office as a matter of urgency in order that this matter can be discussed.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Yours faithfully

That's the sixth time I've received that letter this month.

On checking my sent items I note that my computer seems to have malfunctioned while doing and send / receive the other day. It seems to have sent an e-mail to 1st credit several times ... see what happens.

Thank you for your recent letter. It was suspiciously similar to the last 7 you sent, but on close examination the date was different.

My comments stand. Reply to the points I raised initially. Reply in writing.

I do not button up the back. I will not phone your premium rate revenue sharing number about a debt I don’t owe.

Seeing as you seem to think it makes a different if you sent the same letter 8 times, would you like me to send this message 8 times?

I demand an immediate reply, from a human, and that is not a standard letter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I'd keep sending them the same email over and over again - they'll either get sick of it, take notice or waste their money on postage.

ps Would this constitute harrassment, do you think?;)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Interesting question. Rather remissly of me, I don't know what harrassment (legally) is.

If being driven bananas while banging your head off a brick wall while starring in a real life Franz Kafka nightmare is harrassment; then it is.

If it just counts as annoying stupidity, then it isn't.

Does anyone know the answer to that one?

This is like something out of Mr Bean. I wonder how long it will run for. Would the Guiness Book of Records be interested. Have you thought of contacting the televisionor the Press.

gingerheid,

my god this thread is soooo funny

have sat here laughing myself silly everytime i've read it and also read bits out loud to anyone who'll listen :D

definately subscribing i'vr got to know what other gems u come up with to say to these lot.

My memory suddenyl went back to something I once played with at school. It was a chatbot program called Eliza. This was the 80s, so it wasn't very good. It was quite hilarious in fact; it just went round in circles and ignored what you said.

This sort of reminded me of 1stCredit in a way, so I decided to try it out to compare them, and to see which one makes the most sense. The converstaion with the chatbot went something like this:

>> Hello.

How do you do. Please state your problem.

>> I need to explain to you that I don't owe Demon any money.

What would it mean to you if you got to explain to I that you don't owe demon any money ?

>> I would save me having to deal with you lot.

Perhaps in your fantasies we would save you having to deal with each other.

>> Could you do it in real life too?

We were discussing you -- not me.

>> Well, we stop me being harassed?

I'm not sure I understand you fully.

>> Can you understand that I don't owe Demon any money?

You believe I can understand that you don't owe demon any money don't you ?

>> Yes

You seem to be quite positive.

>> I am

Is it because you are that you came to me ?

>> I don't know what you mean.

Don't you really know what I mean ?

>> No. Not at all.

Are you saying no just to be negative?

>> Of course not. What you said didn't make sense.

Why do you ask ?

>> Becuase I need you to leave me alone

Why do you want I to leave you alone ?

>> Because I don't owe your client any money.

Is that the real reason ?

>> Totally.

Please go on.

>> Well, I sent you a recording of me talking about your letter and them telling me I didn't owe them money.

Do you wish to sent me ?

>> You mean you want a copy?

Oh, I mean I want a copy ?

>> I'll send another one to you immediately.

You're not really talking about me -- are you ?

>> No

You are being a bit negative.

>> Well, I'm a bit angry to be honest.

How long have you been a bit angry to be honest ?

>> Since this started in November.

What does that suggest to you ?

>> That you are a useless shower of idiots, to be honest.

What makes you think I am a useless shower of idiots ?

>> You keep sending me the same letter over and over again.

In what way ?

>> By post.

Do you feel strongly about discussing such things ?

>> I feel very strongly about it. I made a thread on consumer action group.

You say you feel very strongly about it ?

>> Yes, that's what I said.

You are sure.

I don't know about you; but I think it's now official that 1st Credit make less sense than a dumb computer program from the 80s.

If you need a break and want to see if Eliza makes more sense than the DCA pestering you, you can speak to Eliza at Eliza test.

For good measure, I've just e-mailed 1stCredit along the above lines

Hello again.

Trying to deal with you made my memory suddenly go back to something I once played with at school. It was a chatbot program called Eliza. This was the 80s, so it wasn't very good. It was quite hilarious in fact; it just went round in circles and ignored what you said.

This sort of reminded me of 1stCredit in a way, so I decided to try it out to compare it with you, and to see which one makes the most sense. The conversation with the chatbot went something like what's below.

To be honest, the computer spoke a lot more sense that you have. At least it keeps saying different things; all your letters are the same.

Yours ever hopeful of a reply from a human

:)
  • Haha 1

Quote:

Thank you for your recent letter. It was suspiciously similar to the last 7 you sent, but on close examination the date was different.

My comments stand. Reply to the points I raised initially. Reply in writing.

I do not button up the back. I will not phone your premium rate revenue sharing number about a debt I don’t owe.

Seeing as you seem to think it makes a different if you sent the same letter 8 times, would you like me to send this message 8 times?

I demand an immediate reply, from a human, and that is not a standard letter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

:lol: .... ROFL !!!

1st Credit is owned by Bridgepoint whos' directors include Alan Milburn MP & former minister

Perhaps a 'nice' letter direct to him might result in a response

& whilst your at it ask him if it's because of his involvement with this company that he is keen to see debt collectors given the right to break into peoples homes & assault them

Is that right?

Alan Millburn is the local MP in the area my newspaper covers - seems a very nice above board kind of chap and has been voted back in every year for approx 30 years.

Shocked.

Another day... and guess what I find when I get home??? Yup!!! Another letter with the special 1stCredit barcode in the bottom of the window.

And guess what it says when I open it? Yup. Exactly the same again. Apart from the date of course :D

Another day... and guess what I find when I get home??? Yup!!! Another letter with the special 1stCredit barcode in the bottom of the window.

And guess what it says when I open it? Yup. Exactly the same again. Apart from the date of course :D

Still have their heads up there then :D

Just hate every DCA out there

Perhaps you could create a modern artwork with the letters, auction it on here and use it to pay the buggers what they want and get them to stop hassling you that way?

Could be a whole new cottage industry for CAGers!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.