Starting my Halifax Claim Today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been reading the forums for a while now and i've now decided to get my bank charges back, starting today i have sent my first letter asking for my summary of my chages from the last 7 years.

I happen only to be 23, i also work as an apprentice engineer, these charges themselves have casued me much grief and casue me to go overdrawn even more each time. So far, the worst to date was being charged £58 for going overdrawn by £0.79.

I have downloaded the first three letters and changed all the relevant fields to coincide with my needs. I do have some questions tho.

Will i have to go to court, or will this be settled without needing to go?

How long does it normally take to get my documents about my charges. you have given them 40 days in the letter, but will i be waiting that long?

I will continue to update this page thread with my claim, i am also staring the claim for my girlfriend (between us we have paid around £4000 in charges over 6 years).

Just address them to Halifax Plc, Trinity Road, Halifax, HX1 2RG. This is their head office and all correspondence should be served here. No need to address to anyone in particular.

Make sure you get proof of posting.

Keep us updated!

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

I got my charges for the last two years via my on-line statements, and put a claim in that was settled almost immediately. I then requested my statements for the previous four years and got them in a few days. It might be quicker doing that, and working things out for yourself, than waiting up to 40 days for them to do it. I don't think that claiming in two stages causes any problems, and means that you might get some money in quicker, as they are more likely to settle without you having to threaten court action for a relatively small amount.

Leon

Hi posted my request for statments on 14th Feb they cashed my cheque on 28th Feb but not had anything from them yet. I have the 40 days marked on my calender and if i've not had anything by then will be sending the next letter off stright away. got to keep at it.

HBOS sent me statements just under the 40 days, sent the request to the Trinity Road address.

i sent my LBA off last monday, havent heard a thing, i beleive average time is about 2.5 months from start to finish.

I hope so...my ball started rolling on 6th Jan and I'm about to send off LBA...that'll be getting near the 2.5 month mark. 8-)

Is there any way i can miss out the 40 day wait....im stupidly impatient. :)

I had a thought of going into to my local branch and asking for my last 6 years of statements or is it best just to follow the templates to the letter to aviod any chance of cocking it up?

I don't have online banking as the internet isn't exactly safe in my opinion so the only way i can see stuff is on good old dead tree.

Hi Darkmanx,

I phoned the telephone banking number to get ours and they were delivered in 7 days exactly.. I know it takes longer if you send a SAR.. Some times it doesnt go as far as the courts.. Mine did not.. I WON today for my full charges.. Very pleased.. Have a look at my thread if you like from requesting my statements to now it is exactly 5 weeks! Very impressed..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/61099-atmospheric-halifax-plc.html

Hope this link works :D

AtMoS X

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

Is there any way i can miss out the 40 day wait....im stupidly impatient. :)

I had a thought of going into to my local branch and asking for my last 6 years of statements or is it best just to follow the templates to the letter to aviod any chance of cocking it up?

I don't have online banking as the internet isn't exactly safe in my opinion so the only way i can see stuff is on good old dead tree.

Just phone them up and request them. They will charge you £5 and you should get them in a few days. You don't gain anything by asking them to extract the charges, it might take 40 days.

Leon

Thanks Atmos, it looks to cover everyhting i need.

I think that i will try the phone call route first and then the SAR if they begin to mess me around, i roughly know how much i have been charged and im not going to take anything less than full payment from them. If they can make £5Billion(?) in profit, then a vast majority of that is from our own money. Doesn't seem fair to be honest.

Im just shocked that its taken me this long to find this website and start the ball rolling. The money would come in really handy right about now.

I was shocked it took me as long too, but your time is now dark and enjoy it when it comes.. I must say the whole process has been an eye opener and the people on this site are so supportive.. I was petrified when I first sent my letter but if you read loads and loads again you can't go wrong!

If you need any help just gives us a shout X

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

First letter has been sent asking for my statements (my S.A.R), cheque sent all by recorded delivery, they should get it by wednesday morning at the latest. Another letter asking for charges back!

Checked throguh my statements last night, i have around 3 years of statements and have been charged around the £1200 mark, i know it was more before those three years, so im looking at taking the Halifax for about £2500.

Good luck darkmanx, Hopefully you will receive your statements as quickly as I did. I sent SAR on 26th Feb and received statements for one of the accounts 5th Mar. Not sure whether everything else will run as smoothly!!

:roll:

Hi posted my prelim letter to my local branch,will they deal with it or pass it on and have i stuffed it all up now? also didnt get proof of posting. Should i just wait to see if i get a reply then send all further correspondance by recorded delivery? or if they dont respond should i start again? help please.

Dont worry about it, it will get to them through the internal post. But in future send everything to trinity road.

They will get it so send lba in 14 days as planned. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I took my first claim to the local branch and insisted on a receipt, they forwarded it to Customer Relations. I have just sent my second claim to the local branch by recorded delivery. It's best to do that, if only for one's peace of mind. You should get an acknowledgement in a few days, if you don't I'd re-send it recorded delivery, as you can track it on the PO website and see if it has been signed for.

Leon

Thnx for replies, so i should just send my LBA straight to trinity road then after the 14 days, even though my prelim went to local branch. Do you have the full address? thnx.

It's in one of the 'sticky' threads:

Leon

You need to start your own thread scarlett79.

If you go to the bottom of the page there is a button that says new thread.

If you press this it will be yours, it makes it easier to keep track of you and what you are up to.

And the address you need is..

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

If i have been any help, please click my scales.....:D ......Thanx

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I don't think that claiming in two stages causes any problems, and means that you might get some money in quicker

Claiming more than once CAN cause problems, check out the thread below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/19737-george-mcm-clydesdale-bank.html

By law you should claim all charges you intend to reclaim at one time.

As George above has found out, It can be seen as an attempt to flaunt the rules of the small claims court by claiming the same thing from the same defendant more than once.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Sorry about be lax over the last few months and not getting my first letter sent to the Halifax (owned by the royal bank of robbers).

I send my first letter asking for 1700.64 in charges back, on the 9th of july. Today i recieved a letter saying that thanks for your complaint, but our charges are valid and the totals cannot be told to me as they are commercially sensitive :evil: . Is this normal? and can i still send my second letter on the 23rd to get my money back? Im very confused now?

Any help is much appreciated. :)