Starting my Halifax Claim Today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry about be lax over the last few months and not getting my first letter sent to the Halifax (owned by the royal bank of robbers).

I send my first letter asking for 1700.64 in charges back, on the 9th of july. Today i recieved a letter saying that thanks for your complaint, but our charges are valid and the totals cannot be told to me as they are commercially sensitive :evil: . Is this normal? and can i still send my second letter on the 23rd to get my money back? Im very confused now?

Any help is much appreciated. :)

As already stated, standard response from Halifax. Send the LBA and you should get a partial offer, when you receive this phone them and tell them you want the full amount, they should agree there and then.

Hey steven 4064

I have signed the petition on bank charges and benefits.

I will too advertise this link too if that is ok?

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

hows it looking?

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

maybe now?

If it doesnt work this time.............lol

Sorry for compleatly ruining your thread OP. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, Second letter was sent last monday, but major flooding in this area could have affected stuff not sure yet. No reply fromm the bank as of yet. I heard something on the radio that 7 banks have been taken to court and no refunds will be done until the hearing is over. Did i dream this or can anyone verify this for me please.

Also can someone point me in the direction of the court paperwork so that i can fill this in and post it on monday.

A few things that i wanted to know what to do,

the N1 form looks confusing, in my charges spreadsheet i have worked out the total charges and also the charge interest, but there is another interest part on the N1 form, how do i fill this in?

Also i am claiming around 1700 in charges, how much do i pay for court costs, and how long can i be expected to wait before my case gets to court, as curtrently paying money to a court is going to hurt my pocket.

Thanks.

You claim your charges and the interest levied by the bank thereon. THEn, on top of that you claim interest under s69 of the County Courts Act on top to comensate you for the fact that the bank have taken and held on to your money.