Information on Cabot

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you - it's called 'the resurrection' - it's when the call of nature requires a reminder of how to keep things in this world balanced and in check...

Evidence is appearing that one or two aspects are still not quite right and nature demands that these things are dealt with and management reminded about them. They have had long enough to recognise the requirements of their own industry and change, but they allegedly took no notice of we 'bandits' and chose to ignore our advice. Fine, now they are paying and doesn't it hurt, just read their articles in Credit Today, the face of Cabot is wincing, he is an unhappy bunny just now, profits have been hit hard as a result. Sorry me ole matey, you just gotta learn!;) - it's nothing personal.

Perhaps they thought the CFC had disbanded and were no longer active? lmao - How little they know ;)

Just hate every DCA out there

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I had it in my reference library. Must go and dig it up, but are we allowed to post the link? I don't want to upset anyone. We Hobbits are really peaceful people.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

We learnt so much first time around. This time if it starts again, we know the tactics and we know the law. Hobbits do have big feet.

I had it in my reference library. Must go and dig it up, but are we allowed to post the link? I don't want to upset anyone. We Hobbits are really peaceful people.

Please please upset some people, I think the cycle has done a full circle and Cabot are back in the headlights:D

Please please upset some people, I think the cycle has done a full circle and Cabot are back in the headlights:D

You never mess with the Cabot fan Club ;):D We know it - HE knows it - all CAG followers know it, but HE just won't learn :p

If anyone is interested, it may not be too late to apply ;)

Accounts Officer - UK Job Vacancies at Vacancy Central

Wonder if these jobs are anything to do with what KM said 3 years ago here > http://kingshill.novarising.com/news/view/21

Having said that, I don't know of many firms who increase their workforce by 25% when they are losing £18m a year.

Edited by pmhcfc

"manipulating data"

if one is doing it , all will be doing it

This was the inevitable consequence of the misreading of the Manchester test case and the moment we all hoped for , their greed was just so great and their morals so low

They think they can get away with anything , and why not?

Is the FSA or the OFT gonna act?

Not until they are forced to by a few brave souls who have to take on the **** all by themselves while the regulatory authorities put their heads back in the sand

But didn't the Manchester test case also make it clear that they would have to produce the signed original in court?

Also, there is a very good chance that in doing this they will be hoisted by their own petard. I have a situation with Halifax where they have produced 2 reconstituted version of the same credit card agreement but they are different. This is not to mention the fact that they had already sent me a signed application form with none of the prescribed terms on it in respect of my SAR. This means that neither of the 2 reconstituted versions are admissible in court anyway as I understand it.

It should be possible to get a relevant copy of the real Ts & Cs in a lot of cases and then go about unpicking the Bernard Matthews versions - they are bound to have made a mistake somewhere.

Regrds.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

The DCA greed is unlimited, and their arrogance and thinking they are above the law holds no bounds.

I love it when one comes really unstuck, and someone with a bit of legal knowhow shows them no mercy. :D

The DCA's have had it their own way for too long now. We've learnt the rules and are now ruthlessly using them to bring about the demise of the debt collection industry.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Fuzzybobble is it you who makes comments in Credit Today? Yjere couldn't be two fuzzybobbles surely?

Could be someone else in disguise :eek:

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Nope it's not me on Crudit Today. When have you ever seen me post anything that is pro dca? :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I have a situation with Halifaxlink3.gif where they have produced 2 reconstituted version of the same credit card agreement but they are different. This is not to mention the fact that they had already sent me a signed application form with none of the prescribed terms on it in respect of my Subject access requestlink3.gif. This means that neither of the 2 reconstituted versions are admissible in court anyway as I understand it.

Sounds rather familiar Fred.

I have lots like this and the 3 to a page HBOS jobs are lovely old time pieces.

At the top of the so-called 'agreements' we have the LOAN number and the page is split in two. One side is said to be a Preference Account (with an old/and sometimes unknown and penciled in (by them) preference account number printed on, whilst the other side relates to the loan. Oh yes, and then we have all the mountain of missold PPI that they say they are paying back without too much fuss - which is quite nice of them.

It seems that when the bank gave these disputes to DCAs (knowing they had PPI on) to kick around they say that they are bank 'loans' but they use the pref account number on the headings...lol

I am thinking of ringing the Antiques Roadshow as they might want to display the lovely old standard of HBOS agreement documentation to show how it looked in the good old, pre-2007, days ..:-D

Then again, perhaps the regulatory authorities will want to see the wonderful and artistic things this nice company can do with bits of old paper and our private data!

Oh yes - Cabot are seemingly not the only peps that are having a fun time with the sea of paper floating around the UK that is supposed to be accurate and private in relation to us happy and trusting consumers.

Aint the Establishment great!

Edited by questioner

Sounds rather familiar Fred.

I have lots like this and the 3 to a page HBOS jobs are lovely old time pieces.

At the top of the so-called 'agreements' we have the LOAN number and the page is split in two. One side is said to be a Preference Account (with an old/and sometimes unknown and penciled in (by them) preference account number printed on, whilst the other side relates to the loan. Oh yes, and then we have all the mountain of missold PPI that they say they are paying back without too much fuss - which is quite nice of them.

It seems that when the bank gave these disputes to DCAs (knowing they had PPI on) to kick around they say that they are bank 'loans' but they use the pref account number on the headings...lol

I am thinking of ringing the Antiques Roadshow as they might want to display the lovely old standard of HBOS agreement documentation to show how it looked in the good old, pre-2007, days ..:-D

Then again, perhaps the regulatory authorities will want to see the wonderful and artistic things this nice company can do with bits of old paper and our private data!

Oh yes - Cabot are seemingly not the only peps that are having a fun time with the sea of paper floating around the UK that is supposed to be accurate and private in relation to us happy and trusting consumers.

Aint the Establishment great!

Hi Questioner, I think I've seen your thread on this - but have you checked out the other Preference account threads? HBOS are in a real mess with these cards - they don't know whether to treat them as bank accounts or credit cards.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Following the thread on here regarding cabot and data deception I e mailed the OFT and got this reply:

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)

Complaint Against: Cabot Financial ( UK ) Limited

Licence No: 472690

Thank you for your email received 08 June 2010, further to your earlier email.

We will take into account the further information you have helpfully given us as we continue to monitor this trader’s fitness to hold a credit licence. Thank you once again for taking the time to write to us about this matter.

Yours sincerely

David Annis

Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Office of Fair Trading

Means absolutely nothing. The OFT just put the complaints on file and do nothing. Occasionally if the press report a problem about a particular company they will issue a warning, but that is about it.

They need to make certain activities a criminal offence, so that you can report it and get a response personal to you. Not just a standard reply that they will hold the information on file in regard to fitness to hold a licence. Even if they took action following your complaint, they are not able to tell you what action they took, because the OFT are not allowed to. Commercial confidentially is written into the OFT's remit.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Send the OFT response and a copy of your original complaint to your MP. Ask him/her to take it up himself. they have to give the MP a more reasoned response and in most cases the MP will send it onto you. In extreme cases the OFT will be pressed to act if the MP starts making a fuss. With an election possibly five years off they may not be so active.

:

...we continue to monitor this trader’s fitness to hold a credit licence.

In all honesty, members need to rack up the complaints; pile the pressure on!!!

These firms, just get a slap on the wrists but in reality they need a damn good hiding...Link Financial; 1st Credit (plus associated companies) and Cabot

p.s. Not forgetting CapQuest, of course.

Edited by angry cat
post script

Hi Questioner, I think I've seen your thread on this - but have you checked out the other Preference account threads? HBOS are in a real mess with these cards - they don't know whether to treat them as bank accounts or credit cards.

Regards.

Fred

Be nice if we can keep this thread to all things Cabot :)