Claret74 V s Barclays.

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a letter from Barclays offering me £1530 as a goodwill gesture. I am claiming £3420 without the 8% interest.

Tomorrow is the date I have given them for starting court proceedings. My question is,

• Do I file my claim and THEN send my letter accepting the £1530 as PARTIAL refund,
  • Or should I accept it as partial refund, THEN file my claim?

Thanks for any help,

Clare

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

claret, file your claim as normal tomorrow, but also send them a partial acceptance...whether you send it before or after shouldn't affect your own timeline, so file the claim when it's due anyway. They have so many claims going on, they know exactly what's coming. But just to show you're being 'reasonable' you can at the same time send them the 'thanks but I'm pursuing the rest in court' letter.

And remember, at court stage you can add the 8% :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have started a new thread as I'm now at the MCOL stage.

My progress so far is as follows:

• Letter requesting repayment of charges to 2 personal accounts sent on 8th Jan
  • Letter received to my husband, not me who's requesting the repayment, saying "I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.
    May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we endeavour to respond to you within timescales outlined in your letter, we cannot guarantee that we will do so.
    Sometimes it does take longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we do aim to find a solution within four weeks. If we are not able to do so, we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks." Received on 15th Jan.
  • LBA sent 24th Jan
  • Letter received on 9th Feb offering me £1000 on one account which I'm claiming £2335 and £530 from my second account which I'm claiming £1085

I'm now at the stage of sending my rejection letter, accepting the money as part refund and persuing the rest in court.

My question at this stage is, can I make one claim for both of my accounts or do I need to do 2 seperate ones.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just been reading the Litigation in Progress section and have been asked to submit the details of my claim to a moderator by private message. I have tried 2 moderators but the messages have bounced back. Does any one have the name of who I should private message?

Thanks.

Clare

hi,

scroll to the bottom of this page and there is a list of people online the ones in green are mods, click on one and send a pm.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Ah yes you are 2 mins down the road from me, i filed through pontypool.

there is a list for you here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php

any other help needed just yell.

Claire

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Thanks for replying. So how far along the process are you?

I filed my claim on the 22/02/07 which gave barclays until the 12/03/07 to acknowledge the claim. Of course they acknowledged it on the 12th!

My understanding is that they now have to submit a defence within 28 days. Is that right?

Clare

barclays settled my claim in full on 28/2/07.

They have 28 days from the date of issue.

£5125.60

yes thats right 28 days from the 24th.

I had a directions hearing for the 26th march.

£5125.60

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya folks

I am requesting £1020 from Monument/Barclays and sent them my prelim letter on 2 April 2007. Today I received a letter offering me £468 which I want to decline.

They have not stated that this is a full and final offer. I have printed off letter 1. Can I firstly ask, is this the correct letter and secondly, can I send this tomorrow or do I wait 14 days from the 2 April (when prelim letter was sent)???

• 1 month later...

Can someone please help. I returned my AQ to Pontypool County Cout on the 28th March and included my breakdown of charges. I used the template for the Draft Order for Directions anwhich includes the following text:

[list]
[*][font=Verdana][color=black]a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;[/color][/font][/list][list]
[*][font=Verdana][color=black]b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;[/color][/font][/list][list]
[*][font=Verdana][color=black]c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;[/color][/font][/list][list]
[*][font=Verdana][color=black]d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon[/color][/font][/list]

This stated that the time limit was 14 days of service of this order. It has now occured to me that I have not sent to Barclays copies of my statements showing that each and every charge ahs been made.

I guess now this means the case will be struck out??

Oh god all this work for nothing.

Hi - its pretty hard to read, but I think I'm right in saying this, but you don't have the authority to demand that the draft of directions be actioned - that is up to the Judge all you are asking is for the Judge to consider the draft and if he decided its a good idea then he will give both you and Barclays 14 days to get the information ready and submit to the court, until then you don't need to do anything, so don't panick!!!!:)

Oh thank you so much Torigirl, I was really starting to panic. I have pigeon holed the money for so many things and worked so hard to get to this point I was worried it would all be for nothing. The only contact i have had from the Court since submitting my AQ is a General Form of Judgement or Order stating that a Directions hearing has been set for the 14th August.

I'll have to post again to make sure i have everything I need and I don't stuff up!!!

My pleasure! Now you have a date it might even be worth giving Barclays a call I now its quite away away but you never know. You could get your money ealier than anticiapated!!!

Now big breath ................... and release, feel better?!:D

I think I may have taken too big a breath, I now have a light head!

Seriously, I was really worried and now I feel better thatnks to you. You mention ringing Barclays, who do you think I should talk to? I have had no communication with them since they made me an offer back on the 7th Feb. So I don't really know who is dealing with my claim.

One other thing, for the Directions Hearing in August, can you confirm what I need to prepare. The Judge has ordered that:

1. Directions will be given by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour Judge.....on the 14th August 2007 at 10:30am at Cardiff Civil Justice Centre......

2. The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the Court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing.

I am assuming then that I need to send a letter explaing why I won't be there and a copy of my Draft Order for Directions. Anything else?

Thanks again for your help Torigirl.

Right lets just leave the court details just for the moment.

Here is someeone at the litigation departments details;

Krysta Campbell

Barclays

Litigation and Disputes

1 Churchill Place

LONDON

E14 5HP

Tel: 02071164753

She is really nice just ask her who is dealing with your claim and whether you can be transferred to them. And ask them whether they are willing to settle the claim.

Worth a try

Tori

• Haha 1