UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Debt Recovery folk can call on you at any 'reasonable' time to collect money owed - in much the same way as the postman or paper boy. No court order is required. However it is quite expensive to send someone, so this is more of a threat than a promise. Should you be taken to court, then the officers of the court (Bailiffs, or Sheriff Officer in Scotland) but they require the court order.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CSA regulated DCAs (real ones) have restrictions, time of day and prior appointment. And are used for real debts. See CSA website. With PPCs ther is no debt (not agreement and no court decision) and their DCAs are powerless and they know it. Has anyone ever known a PPC 'DCA' to actually visit ?

If this lot are busy sending you unenforceable invoices, can you not raise one against them for wasting your time and keep issuing them every time they send one to you? Soon your fees will vastly outstrip theirs....

If they dont pay up can you then "pass it on to a third party"? :o)

Yorky.

Mello M_ali786,

had all these letters myself, NO action taken against me yet after many 7 day threats from debt recovery/bailiffs , now in the hands of their so called solicitors, got sent a letter again with a 7 day threat!!!!

THEY SEEM TO LIKE 7 DAYS!!!

no action yet ,still waiting for another letter that i can almost guarantee will be arriving soon to give me another 7 DAYS.

if you get to the point where you think it is getting to deep/serious, log onto this site read all our experiences/post yours, take no notice and file/ignore all letters.

THIS SITE DOES REALLY HELP TO GIVE ASSURANCES.

Hi Everyone

I've been reading through this thread for a few weeks now and still haven't got to the end of it! It's really useful and informative though!

A couple of weeks ago I was issued with a Parking Charge Notice from UKPC in a Tesco car park at St. Stephens in Hull for having a 10 minute overstay due to mitigating (medical) circumstances. In addition, the only notices in the car park about the 2 hour maximum stay are not official ones erected by UKPC (as stated on their website) - instead, they are printed on Tesco's own red and yellow promotional paper (therefore they look like promotional offers) and slapped on the back of their billboards which are advertising hot cross buns on the other side! So, I enter the store to do some browsing, completely unaware of the parking restrictions, when my medical circumstances suddenly prevent me from returning to my car before the two hours was up (I was confined to the store toilets). When I returned, I was 10 minutes over and had a parking ticket.

Lone behold, they send me their "Charge Certificate" in the post, so I first rang Tesco explaining my circumstances but they didn't want to know. I then sent UKPC a 2 page letter saying that I would not be paying along with a further 8 pages of evidence (photos, hospital letters etc.) to back up why.

I sent this recorded delivery and I therefore know that UKPC received my letter on 7th April. I then received their letter on the 8th April, which was dated from the 7th. Basically, they didn't acknowledge any of the points raised in my letter and have obviously turned it around in less than a day, demanding payment, without even considering it properly!

I am absolutely furious at this situation and the fact that I know what they are doing is totally unenforceable and bordering on discrimination. However, there's always the "what if?" factor at the back of my mind regarding CCJ's etc. and i'm currently in my final year of uni and don't want this distraction. Part of me wants to (extremely begrudgingly) just pay the £40 so they'll sod off now, whereas the other part of me just thinks why the hell should I pay them? In addition, all of this is coming to my parents' address so they know all about it and are pressuring me to just pay up.

Therefore, it's decision time: i either pay up, or send them the letter demanding that they answer my queries before i enter into further correspondence, which will then undoubtedly result in no further correspondence from myself because they won't do this. If i go down this route and it does go all the way to court, will it hurt my credit rating and will i be liable for costs and fees etc. if they win? What is the likelyhood of them winning in this situation?

Please help - this is really doing my head in and i need to make the right decision asap!

Therefore, it's decision time: i either pay up, or send them the letter demanding that they answer my queries before i enter into further correspondence, which will then undoubtedly result in no further correspondence from myself because they won't do this. If i go down this route and it does go all the way to court, will it hurt my credit rating and will i be liable for costs and fees etc. if they win? What is the likelyhood of them winning in this situation?

Please help - this is really doing my head in and i need to make the right decision asap!

Option 1 - Pay Up (stupid!)

Option 2 - Send them another letter (waste of a stamp)

Option 3 -

you missed option 3 which was send them no more letters at all from now on. Go for option 3 :)

They will not take it to court and their chances of winning are even less. Costs will not be awarded against you and any "additional" costs they are running up won't be included in the judgement. Even loosing the court case (which you won't) can't affect your credit rating unless ou then also refuse/can't pay the court fine.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT!

hi everyone!

i too have recieved a £200 parking fine for parking a tire over the parking boundaries in an empty tkmaxx carpark (i was only in there for 20minutes!)

I have just written a letter explaining why i shouldnt have to pay (there was no warning sign etc) but they have already refused my claims (hence the £200)

I have had enough of this crap! And im sure that everybody on here also has! There are thousands and i mean THOUSANDS of us, NOBODY should have to pay! They are trying to scare us and ive had enough with the fact that we have to settle with it and give them our money when none of us deserve these ridicious fines!!

Why don't we all get together and do something about it? instead of just moaning about it and then paying. This is happening all over the country!

I already know hundreds of people, and im sure you do aswell, who are willing to not co operate with this system and will stick with it. If everyone simply refuses to pay they will be over whelmed and will not be able to get the money. We need to stop them doing this, otherwise it will continue until nobody even bothers because thats just the way it is! Is that the kind of country you want to live in?!

If anybody is reading this thinking the same thing, then why dont we all get together and actually stop this, because we can! There's thousands of us! This needs to end and we can stop it!

What does everyone think?! please write back! We're all in the same situation! Come on people!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT!

hi everyone!

i too have recieved a £200 parking fine for parking a tire over the parking boundaries in an empty tkmaxx carpark (i was only in there for 20minutes!)

I have just written a letter explaining why i shouldnt have to pay (there was no warning sign etc) but they have already refused my claims (hence the £200)

I have had enough of this crap! And im sure that everybody on here also has! There are thousands and i mean THOUSANDS of us, NOBODY should have to pay! They are trying to scare us and ive had enough with the fact that we have to settle with it and give them our money when none of us deserve these ridicious fines!!

Why don't we all get together and do something about it? instead of just moaning about it and then paying. This is happening all over the country!

I already know hundreds of people, and im sure you do aswell, who are willing to not co operate with this system and will stick with it. If everyone simply refuses to pay they will be over whelmed and will not be able to get the money. We need to stop them doing this, otherwise it will continue until nobody even bothers because thats just the way it is! Is that the kind of country you want to live in?!

If anybody is reading this thinking the same thing, then why dont we all get together and actually stop this, because we can! There's thousands of us! This needs to end and we can stop it!

What does everyone think?! please write back! We're all in the same situation! Come on people!

We are!

If it was a TKMaxx car park then it was a private car park and as such you've only got a worthless PPC invoice.

You don't have to pay, in fact nearly every thread on CAG suggests you shouldn't pay and also that you shouldn't write to them in the first place. (You must have missed that bit! ;) )

Dear all,

Oh dear me!

I just received my fine through the post. It seems different to what i've read over the last couple of hours but forgive me if I have overlooked any.

My fine was as you would expect for 'parking'. Except I wasn't technically 'parked'. I.e. I was in my car when they issued the fine! I received no physical ticket, just a letter in the post a week or so later demanding money.

Issue a - as above - i wasn't parked!

Issue b - I wasn't even in any 'space' I was near the entrance to their car park waiting in my car (not sure if they own this area too or not)

Issue c- the photograph of my car on the letter is perfectly positioned so that you cannot see that I am still in the car

Any advice? Should i treat this as everyone else is treating theirs? like a schoolboy bully trying to shake money out of us?

Further, the car isn't in my name. They actually wrote to the owner of the car - who technically isn't therefore liable to pay anyway (right?) and as per usual on these forums if the owner were to reply asking for evidence they wouldn't be able to provide any. The stupid thing is that i saw the guy with the camera walking around and i even though I thought at the time ''i feel sorry for him with his horrible job'' I didn't even begin to imagine he would attempt to fine me while for a parking violation when i wasn't 'parked'! In hindsight I wish I had either turned and smiled so at least I could then have a nice picture of me and the car which i could have perhaps added to my Facebook! Or I wish I had simply rammed the camera where the sun doesn't shine so he could at least picture a real violation for once....(!)

Finally as regards consumer action, could we not get a number of people together to gain recognition and so why not start a facebook group against these idiots. Is there one already? If so let's get the link up around here and sort this out then we can link back to these forums and provide evidence of their dodgy operations

All advice very welcome. Letter received today so need to know if i need to bother to respond to them at all.

Edited by iwasntevenparked

Hi All, in March I was issued a dubious 'Charge Certificate'('Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice') or a parking Charge notice from UKPC. They claim that I parked illegally in an unauthorized area and they are claiming that I need to pay them £75.00 or otherwise they will contact a debt collection agency 'where you may incur additional charges. First off I wasn't the person driving the vehicle at the time therefore am I responsible for paying the ticket?

Secondly from the photo they have sent me the person who was driving is clearly visible in vehicle with the window fully open and the driver never left the vehicle unattended or even got out of the car. The driver on the day had pulled over to answer a phone call and was there for all of a few minutes. So does it even mean the car was parked at all? The picture they have sent me also shows that both bays on either side of the car are empty so can they claim for lost earnings?

I have sent an appeal to them (which btw is really hard to find an address to send an appeal to) But have not gotten a reply as yet. In their letter they say you have 7 days to make an appeal but how do I know if the appeal is gone through? Their website: Welcome to UK Parking Control Ltd Corporate Website has little to no information on how to appeal let alone a clear address to send one.

I have been given advice to just ignore anything they send as they can't legally enforce the charge notice unless they go to county court so I was wondering what I should do?

Also what are their powers? What can UKPC or their debt collectors enforce?

thanks for any help you guys and gals can give me.

ps. I've tried to read through the whole of this 50+ pages of this thread but I find any info on whether or not sitting in a running car means that it's parked at all.

Dear all,

Oh dear me!

I just received my fine through the post. It seems different to what i've read over the last couple of hours but forgive me if I have overlooked any.

My fine was as you would expect for 'parking'. Except I wasn't technically 'parked'. I.e. I was in my car when they issued the fine! I received no physical ticket, just a letter in the post a week or so later demanding money.

Issue a - as above - i wasn't parked!

Issue b - I wasn't even in any 'space' I was near the entrance to their car park waiting in my car

Issue c- the photograph of my car on the letter is perfectly positioned so that you cannot see that I am still in the car

Any advice? Should i treat this as everyone else is treating theirs? like a schoolboy bully trying to shake money out of us?

Further, the car isn't in my name. They actually wrote to the owner of the car - who technically isn't therefore liable to pay anyway (right?) and as per usual on these forums if the owner were to reply asking for evidence they wouldn't be able to. The stupid thing is that i saw the guy with the camera walking around and i even though I thought 'i feel sorry for him with his horrible job' I didn't even begin to imagine he would attempt to fine me while for a parking violation when i wasn't 'parked'! In hindsight I wish I had either turned and smiled so at least I could then have a nice picture of me and the car which i could have perhaps added to my Facebook! Or I wish I had simply rammed the camera where the sun doesn't shine so he could at least picture a real violation for once....(!)

Finally as regards consumer action, forums need to move to getting a number of people together to gain recognition so why not start a facebook group against these idiots. Is there one already? If so let's get the link up around here and sort this out.

All advice very welcome. Letter received today so need to know if i need to bother to respond to them at all.

lol I'm in the same boat you're in. Basically the same thing happened to me but someone else was driving the car.

nightmare. Well i've just been trying to look into this a bit more using google street view and my picture and there are some interesting points to look at in my case

- first of all the street name doesn't seem to correlate to that which is on a map and actually talks about the street further up, so this could perhaps invalidate their fine for one (perhaps)

-secondly i am pretty sure i am not waiting in the hashed area they claim that i am, and am actually waiting on double yellow lines which is perfectly legal in order to load/unload your car.

In your case and mine the issue here is the CLEAR(!) difference between 'parking' which must involve a person(s) leaving their vehicle unattended and 'waiting' in which a person remains in the car (hence is attending the vehicle)(according to definitions...) which doesn't even make a difference anyway since as long as you are not 'parked' =which means no one's there, and that its there for a substantial period! I even had my hazard lights on which further indicated i was waiting there for a very short period of time and i even repositioned my car numerous times ensuring i wasn't in the way of anybody!

surely our response to them should be simple perhaps? dear sir, i was merely waiting in my car on your premises and was not 'parked' therefore i did not purchase a 'parking' ticket. if you could have provided me with a 'waiting' ticket, i would have been more than happy to purchase this. ?! Most other places dont take a secret picture of you in your car! - obviously you could be well in your right to guard your car while your partner or friend goes to get change for a ticket! You pay for the privilege to leave your car not to wait in your car, otherwise why dont they expand their business to charge all cars that are waiting to find spaces in the car parks too!!

so i shouldn't even bother replying to say simply i was in the car and therefore will not pay?

Absolutely not. It matters not what you put in any letter to them, they don't read it. You could tell them a Klingon had borrowed your car for the day and didn't understand the Earthlings signs. they will simply reply with a template rejection along the lines of "thank you for your appeal which has been thoroughly investigated. However we believe the PCN was correctly issued and you are still liable to pay".

(How they thoroughly investigated the Klingon driver would be interesting but they won't tell you) :)

so i shouldn't even bother replying to say simply i was in the car and therefore will not pay?

Don't do it - just ignore them. As the others say - they do not care they just want your money. Resist any temptation to communicate with them.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

iwasntevenparked you're putting far too much effort into this trying to establish "mitigating circumstances".

From now on simply ignore anything they send you. Job done! Next! :)

hobby - See above also.

Agree 100%.

Iwasntevenparked, why are you puting so much effort into this [problem]?

You are just giving the morons the credibility they crave.

They have no legal staus whatsoever, it is nothing more than a junk mail [problem]. Forget about it and get on with the rest of your life.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Why do you all make such hard work of it? Just IGNORE EVERYTHING! Don't keep asking the same questions and believing that your case is any different to that of anyone else. IT ISN'T. It is a [problem]. That's all. Chill out.

I would like to bring these people to book but don't really know where to start. Would be happy to stand up and be counted though if anyone has the knowledge to lead.

Hi all,

I think Im on my 4th letter? I received a letter from Graham White solicitors, from a Micheal Sobell.

It goes on to say I havent paid a parking fine after being written to from UKPC and Roxburge. It says this is the letter before legal proceedings are issued in the county court.

The costs have now rissen as follows:

Claim issue fee: £30.00

Solicitors cost for issuing fee: £50.00

Judgement costs: £25.00

Warrent issue fee: £35.00

Solicitors cost for issuing warrent: £2.25

Total: £142.25

Then I am threatend with baliffs at the end.

So now I would just like some reassurence to carry this on, well I'll have to ignore now the cost is rising lol :D

Am I near the end? :???:

P.s I have ignored and filed every letter I have received. I have made no attempts to contact them by letter or phone.

standard letter, we have lots of them. have a search on here for other examples.

Yeah I've actually just found a post with exactly same letter. Cant be helped posting, the letters are pretty scary :p

I too have received an unfair demand from UKPC for payment and I would welcome advice. I recently parked in a retail car park and when I left my car I walked to the shops via the grassy verge around the edge rather than walking across the car park. I looked around Halfords, did not buy anything, and walked back to me car about 15 minutes later. The penalty notice was stuck on my car and a few days later I received a demand for £45 saying that the "vehicle owner left site". I appealed in writing saying that I walked around the edge of the car park and visited Halfords. UKPC wrote back saying if I sent copies of receipts they would cancel the PCN. I wrote again saying that I didn't buy anything therefore could not sent any receipts. They wrote to me saying that I've got to pay the fine! This is completely unreasonable and simply not just. What do I do now? Can I simply just not pay? Will they take me to court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks