style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question.......sorry if i sound dumb !!! A friend at work says you only have until a certain date she cant remember when, then you can no longer claim back charges as they are stopping it she saw it on the TV . Please if anyone has any info please let me know as im curious

Thanks

P.S

Just about to go through my statements

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please can someone answer this for me. Ive just checked the dated of my statements and they have only sent me 3 years worth from 2003 - present and i have been with Halifax for approx 10 years. The SAR that i sent was the one i got from this site, so is that right sending me just 3 years instaed of 6 years as that is what i was expecting.

Thankyou

I am not surprised, but...don't let it deter you..I am just starting so my requests are behind you...so watch out for me, and we can guide each other perhaps???

I am at "sending SAR Letter stage", or maybe try a phone call also to telephone banking - I know there are 40 days to reply but that is not working days is it? Your advice appreciated!!

:confused: Total Novice (but training!!!)

Ive rang Halifax to tell them im missing the 1st years of statements but im pretty sure i was a good girl the first year and didnt have any charges but im checking just in case. I also checked when i opened the accounts one was 2002 the other 2004 to make sure im getting the right amount of years of statements. The very nice lady told me on the phone there is a delay of up to 3 weeks until i possibly recieve them but my 40 days is up 1st March what should i do if i dont get the statements im missing before then ? (infact i know i wont !!!! )

Ive added up both accounts and i will be claiming £1558 without interest, but to be honest im a little confused i read some claimers add interest and some dont and i dont know what to do for the best.......please can you shed some light.

Thanks xx

:)

Hi Funky Monkey,

This is the letter you will need if they dont appear.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Letter 2.

Dont wait 3 weeks, send on 1st March.

Dont add the interest yet. This can only be added at the court stage, so for now hide the column on the spread sheet.

If you need any more help, just shout.;)

If i have been any help, please click on my scales......:D .......Thanx

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Another quick update. Im sending of my letter today as ive not recieved all of my statements and 40 days is up today !!! But like ive said previous i dont think i have any charges in the first year but wil check just to be on the safe side.

Thanks to all who have helped so far :)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

hi funky monkey

Good Luck to you too, i have just sent off my LBA today recorded delivery so now the fun should start they have untill the 15th march to reply, do you think i may hear from them or should i prepare mcol to be ready.

regards giggles

My first years statements came today and like i thought no charges.

Im going to send my preliminary request letter today asking for my charges for the 2 accounts which comes to a total of £1558 can i claim this as one or should i split the amounts to which is owed on each account.....as i dont really know what to do for the best.

Please help ASAP

God i must be thick as ever and am very sorry for sounding STUPID :confused: !!!

Just checking totals etc on my statements and reading the prelim letter im going to send, how much is over draft interst? i have that many different amonts of charges i dont know what is for interest?? Is it £28?? HELP PLEASE

It should say "Interest debited - Notified last month". It will normally be a small figure but they all add up. Mine came to about £300 over 6 years. The thing is, I don't think we can claim for the whole amount as you have to work out how much over your interest free overdraft you were at the time...its only that portion that you can claim back. I'm probably not helping at all here and there are many more threads being 1000% more helpful than me, but it is out there somewhere!!

I started doing mine and gave up...I'll be happy enough with the £2700 I'm hoping (nay, EXPECTING!) to get back!

Sent my prelim letter today recoreded delivery keep thinking ive done it wrong but ive followed all the advice on here so cant have gone wrong......think im just doubting myself. So i guess i start counting the 14 days from today ?

Thinking about it i really have no confidence doing this i keep thinking to myself they are going to say we're sorry you have made a mistake your entitled to NO money :eek: .

I MUST THINK POSITIVE :)

If you have followed what is on here then you cant go wrong.

What makes you think you have? Or is it just nerves.??

Dont worry we all had them ;)

Any worries just ask.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I am just as nervous - although still counting down in time waiting for statements! I expect everyone was exactly the same at some point, if we all stick together on this, and follow and heed others' advice and the Groups' advice... it is well worth it surely, as hard earned (I would say!!)

I promise you...we are in same boat - it is just tense, and nerves getting the better of you, as it is such a large company and it is just us...seems hard to believe maybe - but look at the success ratios...amazing!!

Keep in touch, as I haven't yet had the opportunity you have as you are further along... will be watching out for you. I have had much assistance from fellow group members in the prelim learning stages, so ... GOOD LUCK!!!

:confused: Total Novice (in training now..perhaps??)

Checked the royal mail website to see if my prelim letter had been recieved but nothing yet i will check again tomorrow.

Do i count the 14 days from 6th March as this is when i dated the letter and posted it and do i include weekends :?

Yes count weekends. If you posted on the 6th then count from the 7th. Give them a chance to get it...:D

F&Q's... Read here

Hi guys

Yes i got my s/ments after another 5 days, sent prelim then LBA and today i have come home to a letter from the halifax to settle in full at £3032 but i have a charge coming out of my account on friday 9/3/07 for £39.00, so i rang the guy up to say i would settle if they reversr the charge on friday and he said no the charges are untill 6/03/07, this really got my back up and i explained that if i carry on tp court that they will have 8% to pay as well, he just replied that you do not have to accept it its up to you, now coz i am angry i dont no what to do shoul i continue or cut my losses and run with the money please Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Regards Giggles

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("626352") report.gif progress.gif

£3274.56 +£39 including interest

or

£3032 now ?????????????

upto you really personally as there beibg asswipes and there continuing to be extortionate with the charges i would take them to court and get the EXTRA

but entirely upto you

or another person rang them and they waved the charge and settled in full anyway

like i said upto you if you need the money take it and run

if you dont well take them to court

hi all,

trying to reclaim bank charges from my halifax current account. then i was going to try my halifax credit card account but a friend said i had to do the both at the same time or if i accepted payment from one account then i couldn't claim agaist the other. is this true?

one more question..

got six years bank statements back. 12x £5 charges for 2001 then nothing for the next 3 years even though i was clearly overdrawn. is it possible they have change the statements ? then £504 for the rest.

any help would be great,

stew

Hi Hairy

All i can say do is just read and read everything on this site read all the threads you can. I think you can claim one at a time you dont have to do them at the same time, please corrrect me if im wrong anyone! As for the statements i have no idea :-? perehaps someone else could help you there, to be honest i would have thought changing your statements would be like forgery(if thats how you spell it?)......again correct me if im wrong. And Hairy Start your own thread then we can all follow your progress and help each other out as we are all doing the same thing.

As for me.................. I checked the Royal Mail website and no infomation is available as yet to whether my prelim letter has arrived but this happened with my SAR no information was available and then i got my statements, should i ring to see if they got it or leave for a few more days, as they have until 20th March this is when the 40days is up.

hi funky monkey,

thanks for your advice. i dont know what a thread is or what it does:o . ref halifax, i couldn't do with the hassle of finding out if they have messed about with my statements so im just claiming for the £564.

my statements to about 28 days to come,i think if you ring them it would be better. seems to get things moving. on tuesday i got half my statements. rang halifax to tell them. they said they would send the whole lot again. got the other half on thursday, then i got the whole lot come through on friday. so now have two piles of them. how come they couldnt be that fast in the first place.

regards

hairy

A thread is what this is. To start one go to the Halifax forum where everyone writes about their claims and successes regarding Halifax and go to new thread near the top on the left and start your your thread putting in a heading such as hairy Vs Halifax then write about what your doing believe me it helps everyone can chip in and offer you advice and help.........like one big happy family!!!

Hope that helps and i explained it ok?

Today..my prelim letter goes off...recorded delivery...over £2000 - what I could have done (and do!!!) with that? is it 14 days including weekends? have taken advice from another member and sending to Customer relations dept rather than Trinity road (registered address) - any change on that though please advise??

thanks guys - speak soon!!

Hi vebb,

Im not sure where you have been advised to send your letters. but you are best sending everything to trinity road. That is the registered address.

F&Q's... Read here