Council Tax and Bailiffs ref only - NO POSTS ALLOWED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi cf2007, what a bunch of bullies, thanks to this forum I am a bit more at ease know as there is Tomtubby, She knows exactly what to do, follow this link to one of her threads.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs/115030-how-complain-court-about.html

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgently need help.......

I was visited by a Bailiff from Equita on Monday regarding ones outstanding council tax for this year. the council must of applied for a court order of some kind to recover this debt. I did send a means test into the council regarding my finances, but never heard anything back from them until this person attended my home. After a brief chat explaining that I hadnt had any communication from the council with regards my means test information. he explained that they would be looking for a payment of £150.00 per month. I have just looked throught the form he left and asked to me sign. I was outside working on my works van, doing a stock check, so he didnt get entry into my home. But it appears that the document and form I signed is a walking possesion....he never explain what this, my fault for not understanding all this, it was dark and i didnt read it..... oh my god

what can i do, it appears these people now have the power to actually force entry into my family home

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone's circumstances seem different here. I just a few minuets ago had a bailiff knock at my door to collect a £300 arrears for 05/06 and £2200 for 06/07. He asked to come in and take a list of goods to have security on - I refused but said as I had not got paid for the last 6mths work I did I can only make an arrangement to pay rather than pay the whole debt which he wanted.

I said again he couldn't come in and I couldn't pay him anything there and then and he gave me 2 similar documents, one for each outlining charges and it is headed " Notification of Intended Seizure" he said if ithey were not paid within 5 days he'd be back to remove goods. The letters state that the Bailiff called to act on a Liability Order issued by the MAgistrates Court, which is probably true.

What is the best to do? There are letters at the beginning of this thread, should I send one of those, try to make a nominal payment or what? Any help really appreciated.

My income has been dire over the last 6-9 mnths due to a company not paying me, can or could I have got a Council tax refund because of this

Legal & Trade - Capital Bank CCA 4th May - 16th May due

This thread will help you no end, Tomtubby is the best person i know who will help you. But if you are owed money surely you should be taking proceedings to recover what is owed you. The banks offer a good service for debt recovery.

This thread will help you no end, Tomtubby is the best person i know who will help you. But if you are owed money surely you should be taking proceedings to recover what is owed you. The banks offer a good service for debt recovery.

Thanks Webbscatering, not too sure about the banks offering a good debt collection service though :D I think you meant the courts did you not?

I have a problem with that collection not so much in how to collect but waiting until they have money to sue them for, it was a company with big debts itself and no hope of trading out until I went in and helped them turn it around - only to be shafted at the end... they'll pay, it's just thrown my cash flow out the window and casued no end of problems. I just have to know how to deal with these damned bailiffs and the taking the right steps. I read through the thread and picked up no end of hints, but everyones circumstances are different and I want to get this right as my wife just cannot handle this kind of thing - it's alien to her and it was lucky she was not in when he called. I've only got 5 days before he comes back and I just don't want that.

No I had a problem a couple of years ago a big company owed me a lot of money and the bank was giving me grief, but i explained why I was in difficulties and for a percentage they could recover the money and they did. Now they may have out sourced it but it is a service I used. Courts, as and when you they have judged in your favour they offer a bailiff service to help recover your money

How ironic, my father in-law has just had an Inland Revenue collector come to the door no more than 5 minutes ago.....How weird is that???. They gave him 5 days or send in the boys. I dont know what his plans are at the moment.

How ironic, my father in-law has just had an Inland Revenue collector come to the door no more than 5 minutes ago.....How weird is that???. They gave him 5 days or send in the boys. I dont know what his plans are at the moment.

we've got a word for them " *** " !

Everyone's circumstances seem different here. I just a few minuets ago had a bailiff knock at my door to collect a £300 arrears for 05/06 and £2200 for 06/07. He asked to come in and take a list of goods to have security on - I refused but said as I had not got paid for the last 6mths work I did I can only make an arrangement to pay rather than pay the whole debt which he wanted.

I said again he couldn't come in and I couldn't pay him anything there and then and he gave me 2 similar documents, one for each outlining charges and it is headed " Notification of Intended Seizure" he said if ithey were not paid within 5 days he'd be back to remove goods. The letters state that the Bailiff called to act on a Liability Order issued by the MAgistrates Court, which is probably true.

What is the best to do? There are letters at the beginning of this thread, should I send one of those, try to make a nominal payment or what? Any help really appreciated.

My income has been dire over the last 6-9 mnths due to a company not paying me, can or could I have got a Council tax refund because of this

Bump... I could really do with a hand on this if anyone's out there..

Please could someone help me clarify at which point a certified baliff collecting council tax arrears is allowed to charge fees for van hire to a debtors account and how much is classed as as 'reasonable' sum?

I have been informed by an up to date website that a bailiff is not able to charge for the use of a van to remove goods without first having a signed walking possession order for goods to be removed. It seems they can apparently often charge rediculously high 'van' fees without even having to prove that they are there/have called!

The bailiff in question is contesting this having charged a large fee twice for a van without first obtaining such an order, without having gained entry to the property and without any list of goods to be taken. The bailiff is also contesting the accuracy of the information displayed saying it is out of date although it clearly was updated in April 2007.

This is the link for the website I have obtained my information from:

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/go/feature/package_83.html

I also would like to know if there is no fixed sum to be charged for a van and the costs must just be 'reasonable', how do I go about ascertaining what reasonable is? If wish to contest costs which I do not believe are reasonable, how within the system do I go about doing this?

Its all so confusing and the council/government/baliffs just ignore my protests! The council seem to turn a lind eye to what I feel are shady practices.

I have paid in full my arrears directly to the council and it is only my bailiff fees that I owe now so I am willing to contest this any which way out of principal!:) .

Hello

My problem is with Bristow and Sutor. Ok I should have paid my council tax and how I got behind is the usual story of reduced hours of work, robbing Peter to pay Paul and sticking my head in the sand.

Anyway last November a baliff called left a letter (amount owed £245.00) to which I replied immediatly via email to say I'd missed the representative explaining circumstances and that I wanted to set up a payment plan. I also emailed the council to ask if I could pay directly to them but was told the matter was now out of their hands and I would need to deal with the baliffs.

Cut to mid Dec and I had heard nothing so I emailed again to enquire what was happening. The replied saying that a letter had been sent out on Nov 22 (if it was I never received it and still haven't). Setting up a plan of £54 for Dec and then £45 thereafter. I had already been paid at the begining of December and had allocated and paid monies to others. So I sent a letter explaining this and that I would send £20 in Dec and then commence payments of £45 from January. I also emailed the council and informed them of my intention. I did not receive any communication from either of them to say this was unacceptable. I have paid Dec and Jan payments with Febs payment being due after payday first week of Feb.

The baliff came back today I wasn't in my daughter was and they said they would try and come.

I'd like to know where I stand now if/when they should come back.

My income is roughly £355 a month.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

HI.

Do i have to call you God?;)

1. Start a new thread further down this page. You will get overlooked up here.

2. How much can you genuinely afford to pay each month.? You can always pay more, but paying less causes more expense.

3. I have had 4 years and £2k trouble with B&S, so i would like to help if possible.

P.S They are Bailiffs (not what i call them) so dont worry.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Hello

My problem is with Bristow and Sutor. Ok I should have paid my council tax and how I got behind is the usual story of reduced hours of work, robbing Peter to pay Paul and sticking my head in the sand.

Anyway last November a baliff called left a letter (amount owed £245.00) to which I replied immediatly via email to say I'd missed the representative explaining circumstances and that I wanted to set up a payment plan. I also emailed the council to ask if I could pay directly to them but was told the matter was now out of their hands and I would need to deal with the baliffs.

Cut to mid Dec and I had heard nothing so I emailed again to enquire what was happening. The replied saying that a letter had been sent out on Nov 22 (if it was I never received it and still haven't). Setting up a plan of £54 for Dec and then £45 thereafter. I had already been paid at the begining of December and had allocated and paid monies to others. So I sent a letter explaining this and that I would send £20 in Dec and then commence payments of £45 from January. I also emailed the council and informed them of my intention. I did not receive any communication from either of them to say this was unacceptable. I have paid Dec and Jan payments with Febs payment being due after payday first week of Feb.

The baliff came back today I wasn't in my daughter was and they said they would try and come.

I'd like to know where I stand now if/when they should come back.

My income is roughly £355 a month.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

THE Council is lying when it says you have to deal directly with the bailiffs. It CAN take back the case from the bailiffs and even if it refuses to do so you can still pay it by cheque or standing order instead of paying the bailiffs. Given that the bailiffs will have added costs (which are almost certainly more than they are entitled to charge) you will end up paying less if you deal only with the council, and if you pay £40 per month the debt will be paid within only six months.

But beware, if you have signed what the bailiffs call a "walking possesssion" document or have already allowed them into your home -thereby granting them the legal "right" to enter - they will then be able to enforce payment (including their dubious charges) or seize your possessions. Presuming that you have not done the above, you should ignore the bailiffs and send all payments to the council.

ctaxp.jpg

I had a knock at my door at the beginning of January - the council had kindly passed on the outstanding amount owing for THIS year (2007/2008) to Philips. I got this note thru (without any ref.no) and it had gone from just short of £500 to just short of £700. Rang the bailiff, who reckons he won't take anything less than the full amount - not even 2 payments of £350! I have to pay in full and it has to be tomorrow. Rang their office who were equally unhelpful, I must pay their bailiff who 'takes cards with a 5% surcharge'

I've signed nothing and they haven't met me let alone entered my house.

What do you all reckon? I've just tried the council automated payment line and everything still works so should I just pay them a bit and tell the bailiffs to sod off?

It seems a little unreasonable to knock back a potential payment of £350

Read the emphasis on

We MAY re attend, We MAY do this, that and the other.

These letters are designed to frighten, and work.

The maximum they can charge up to this point is £24.50p.

Have a read of >>>>>>>>>THIS

And come back and tell us which way you want to solve this.

Remember, there is nothing they can do unless you let them.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks