• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Big Claim aginst RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a snippet for you to browse upon sparkie.....and i trully think it is relevent in parts in your case

patrick q1

Theft Act 1968 (c. 60) - Statute Law Database

A Barclaycard customer who used her credit card after she was told to return it was convicted under section 16 - she was convicted for obtaining a pecuniary advantage.....I would say extremely relevant.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...

yes i thought so as well paul,i would also say the same when you find they have taken monies from another account ie joint account in a transfer to clear a debt belonging to one person and not a joint account,but thats my opinion

go for it sparkie...i think we can all chip in our ideas and find relevant case files...i am sure that something has gone on with the banks and they are trying to hide this fact,perhaps this one of the reasons i would ask in detail to include within your POC A FULL AND COMPLETE AUDIT TRAIL OF ALL DATA and perhaps you could also ASK FOR ALL DATA FROM THE INTERNAL FRAUD DEPARTMENT THAT THEY RUN ?

we are not supposed to know about these departments are we ,but i am damm sure they will or are looking at it

patrickq1

sorry for shouting lol

Good luck with this mate, not that you need it !!!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I was hoping everything was sorted/close to it after your meeting so I'm feeling a little gutted for you right now if they're dredging this all up again!

I have to admit I chukled at the irony in this:-

pending the speedy settlement of my Claim.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Had a little bit of luck on friday ...my nephew has a best mate who is a pretty sharp solicitor and he told his mate about my big fight with RBS ...he is going to come and see me this coming week as he is most intigued and interested in what is happening ...he's coming down one nght in the week and go through it all with me ..free of any charge.

I told him it would take about 4 Hrs he said no problem he's up for it.....furthermore he knows a top Banking law QC who is a very good mate of his and he will copy the stuff I have got, he has said that even though Andrew Miller is involved the time is drawing near to get REAL tough with the RBS and give them no more than 21 days, he believes with what have told him on the phone his mate will do this for free because of the nature of it all WOW!!!:lol::lol::lol:

He says its better to have a contingency plan ready to go without any further delay....I am one happy chappie now.:cool:;-).

Keep you posted

sparkie

dony worry mate next wating room will be the airport,by the way have RBS borrowed monies from the goverment and if so why can you not bring A Darling into the fray as the head of the goverments shareholdings for RBS and hold him accountable for the deceptive practices ,or buy some nominal shares and go to a shareholders meeting and create their see what the big boys do then lol

patrickq1

Had a little bit of luck on friday ...my nephew has a best mate who is a pretty sharp solicitor and he told his mate about my big fight with RBS ...he is going to come and see me this coming week as he is most intigued and interested in what is happening ...he's coming down one nght in the week and go through it all with me ..free of any charge.

I told him it would take about 4 Hrs he said no problem he's up for it.....furthermore he knows a top Banking law QC who is a very good mate of his and he will copy the stuff I have got, he has said that even though Andrew Miller is involved the time is drawing near to get REAL tough with the RBS and give them no more than 21 days, he believes with what have told him on the phone his mate will do this for free because of the nature of it all WOW!!!:lol::lol::lol:

He says its better to have a contingency plan ready to go without any further delay....I am one happy chappie now.:cool:;-).

Keep you posted

sparkie

Excellent Sparkie - Feel free to give the chap my contact details if he wishes to speak to me

Hi Sparkie

Just spent the last 3 hrs reading your thread - excellent hope you get it all sorted out.

I really could do with some advise (hence the reason I read your post) my husband had an RBS card we paid it off in 2004 when we sold our house we destoyed the card and heard nothing until June last year we went to change our mortgage from Northern Rock. we had our mortgage application refused and were advised to check our credit files. My husbands file had a default notice on his old paid off RBS card stating he owed over £3k. We had not received any letters or calls regarding any debt owed. I have over the past 9 months sent letter after left and I now have in my possession a letter from the RBS stating that they do not have a signed agrrement but will continue to chase the debt as its owed. I suffer from a form of chrones diesease and all of this has made it worse than its ever been so i'm at the stage where I want and need to get these idiots off our case.

The advise I could really do with is: can i myself take RBS to court to claim compensation for the detrimental effect on both my health and my credit file by their unlawfull defalut? If so how what do I do next?

I also want to send them to court over the default they have on my husbands account but do not have the first clue on how to do either.

I would really appreciate yours or anyone elses advise on this matter.

Thanks a million

Mejules

Hi Sparkie

Just spent the last 3 hrs reading your thread - excellent hope you get it all sorted out.

I really could do with some advise (hence the reason I read your post) my husband had an RBS card we paid it off in 2004 when we sold our house we destoyed the card and heard nothing until June last year we went to change our mortgage from Northern Rock. we had our mortgage application refused and were advised to check our credit files. My husbands file had a default notice on his old paid off RBS card stating he owed over £3k. We had not received any letters or calls regarding any debt owed. I have over the past 9 months sent letter after left and I now have in my possession a letter from the RBS stating that they do not have a signed agrrement but will continue to chase the debt as its owed. I suffer from a form of chrones diesease and all of this has made it worse than its ever been so i'm at the stage where I want and need to get these idiots off our case.

The advise I could really do with is: can i myself take RBS to court to claim compensation for the detrimental effect on both my health and my credit file by their unlawfull defalut? If so how what do I do next?

I also want to send them to court over the default they have on my husbands account but do not have the first clue on how to do either.

I would really appreciate yours or anyone elses advise on this matter.

Thanks a million

Mejules

If you haven't allready made a SAR, I suggest you do so now.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi Sparkie,

Thanksd for the above I know your probably sick to death of the RBS by now. I sent the SAR back in 2008 it took them til a month ago to respond with a letter stating they could not provide the signed cca and a a4 piece of paper with what looked like a excel spreadsheet of charges incurred.

Thanks

Mejules7 x

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks