UKPC/DCB(L) Windscreen PCN Claimform - No Permit - Walcot Yard, Walcot Road, Bath, Ba1 5bg. ***Claim Discontinued***

Hi there.

I have just received notice that DCB Legal has discontinued their claim against me. What a relief.

I'm hugely grateful to all of you for your help in fighting these people and their evil business model.

I will be making a donation to the Consumer Action Group so you can continue helping others like me.

• Like 2

you won!

thanks the pending donation..:yo:

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC/DCB(L) Windscreen PCN Claimform - No Permit - Walcot Yard, Walcot Road, Bath, Ba1 5bg. **CLAIM DISCONTINUED**
  • AndyOrch changed the title to UKPC/DCB(L) Windscreen PCN Claimform - No Permit - Walcot Yard, Walcot Road, Bath, Ba1 5bg. ***Claim Discontinued***

That is great news John.

I guess that they bottled when they saw your defence-very detailed and headed off some of the arguments that they would have used in their WS.

Why would they risk going to court having to answer all those points and finding someone to rebut them would probably cost more than what the Court would have awarded them had you lost [£100 ] since no one at DCBL has that level of knowledge .

And they do cave in when they see they have a fight on their hands.

• Like 1

I'm sure you could have done without a year's hassle from these crooks.

However, think of it as a learning curve so you know what to do in the future should something similar happen again.

Sadly the vast majority of motorists who get these invoices think they are fines and something terrible will happen if they don't pay so they give in.  You didn't.  Well done.

Vile firms like UKPC start court claims, even though they have no intention of really going to a hearing, to try to intimidate those terrified of court into coughing up.  Presumably it must work.  The mugs who pay pay the £35 claim form fee plus £70 Unicorn Food Tax which finances two other claims.  You didn't.  Well done.

A lot less well done in not replying to the Letter of Claim (which would probably have stopped the case there & then) or in outing yourself as the driver in your defence.

If you ever get another invoice then please come here straight away.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think it was your response to their claim form that scared them off. We would normally leave that until the Witness Statement because that doesn't give them enough  time to counteract a good WS. However DCBL are cowards just like their bailiff section all bluster and heavy with people who don't know how to deal with them but back down quickly when up against tougher opposition.

I read your defence again and tried to think who wrote it as one of the things that it did was to point out the failings in the cases that the rogues often put in to help their flawed arguments. didn't sound like anyone from MSE and National Consumer Service have gone under.  B789 would be a likely candidate but after that I am struggling to think who else might have helped.

• Like 1

After seeing your defence, they probably wondered what a detailed statement would look like!

Anyway, well done 👏 

Please pass the word around about CAG to anyone in similar circumstances.

Thanks for the donation

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service