Recording audio in health conversations

Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing.

I know that we are allowed to record phone calls.

I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered.

I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me.

I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to.

my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.

I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse

Thanks for any guidance 

cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above. 

My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use. 

• I agree 1

Found a BMA article related to this subject which I think the OP will find helpful.

WWW.BMA.ORG.UK

Our guidance answers if patients can record doctors without permission or covertly, how to respond when a patient asks to record their appointment and what to do if a covert recording is posted online.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I wouldn't record without their consent (they have a right for a reasonable amount of privacy at work, after all) but as long as it's strictly for private use most healthcare professionals shouldn't have a problem with is as everything they say is confidential between you and them anyway.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

i remember this came up during the terrible ATOS assessments phase a good few years ago, cause those assessors were always lying....

without consent no deal if within their buildings, you must seek permission but they are far more sensible about it now.

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your comments everyone. I have spoken to Ico about recording my phone calls for my personal use and also mentioned it to a law firm they said i was ok as long as it was not shared and for my personal use. I would never share it. I can easy prove i need to record on disability grounds.. I normally make videos how i am to document my conditions and how i am affected. I have in the past obtained a phone call to doctors to reception by GDPR. Normally I have my partner with me now. The only way i found is to have a advocate with me. even with my partner with me a trainee gp seen a short video and said in front of my partner “are they voluntary or involuntary”