Soccersixes scam & unreasonability.

Posted (edited)

First off, I realise that this has been made a topic in the past. Just wanted to add to it and make sure I haven't missed any details in anyone's situation.

Started in a local soccersixes league in December, joined halfway through a season, inherited the previous team which was rock bottom and relegation

The leagues a shambles, refereeing standard is poor, half the games we played were against teams with random players that the league assembled rather than the actual teams we were meant to be playing

Referees dont listen to you, the players there are knuckleheads and inevitably my team got fed up and nobody wants to play there anymore.

After about 5-6 games the season unknown to me rolled over and I had no chance to opt in or out, we played the first few games anyway but now I literally cannot convince anyone to play.

I've complained to the league manager in the past and I told him we're out at the end of March.

He's sent me multiple messages going on about how I need to do the notice period which is until literally July (even though I have no players) or pay £360 in cancellations. For crappy 40 minute games with awful refeering and standard of play.

I've today had the email threat of debt recovery blah blah blah... am I in the clear to just ignore it?

File attached

Cheers

soccersixes Letter.pdf

Edited by lolerz
.docx converted to PDF

What the hell is that meant to be?

No dates, no header, no address???? Who typed that up his goldfish?

IMO, I'd ignore Malcolm......he doesn't have a good grasp of English, does he?

And payment within 7 days of what or when? Christmas 2080?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

21 minutes ago, Bazooka Boo said:

I'd ignore Malcolm......he doesn't have a good grasp of English, does he

And absolutely NO grasp of pre action protocol!

Hi and welcome to CAG CFCRhys.

Have a good read around the forum and you'll see the way to handle this is very simple.

Ignore them!

Unless you get a letter of/before claim (highly unlikely... for more than one reason!), then come back here.

Oops, crossposted with Ethel.

Anyway, you get the idea...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yeah I have to say it's not really that scary lol.

Only thing I'm slightly concerned of I guess they do have me by the balls in the T&Cs when it says about the season auto-enrolling and having to wait for a replacement - but will they actually do anything?

I even gave them a contact of someone who I knew who was interested in taking over but hasn't been in the position to enrol a team just yet.

Is it worth sending a final text to the league manager to say anything or just ignore it completely?

this letter of/before claim, I assume will be a letter from the debt recovery company (which is seems like is usually ICON in other cases) or is it actually a letter from my local council?

Cheers guys

soccersixes T&Cs.pdf

LBC would come from them.

It's the PAPLOC referred to by Ethel... "pre action protocol letter of claim".

They should follow this process if they intend to do court.

Ain't gonna happen. (Read up other threads).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

16 minutes ago, CFCRhys said:

Appreciate it mate. I'll keep you posted, if I get a message from ICON Debt recovery etc, ignore those too?

In fact block their number and report their text as spam.

Hi CFCRhys

This is to let you know that I've edited your posts and converted the .docx to .pdf.

I would recommend saving your documents as a .pdf in future as .docx include your personal details in the file information.

lolerz

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

just ignore everyone.

a DCA cant issue a PAPLOC, only the OWNER of a debt can and these scam SS debts dont ever get sold on.

if you read a couple of recent SS threads here

you'll see the same letter/twaddle elsewhere.

the guy doesn't have a clue, but was chatting to his mate down the pub and he said about PAPLOC so guy thought he'd try that on a few people as he's loosing his free holiday money hand over fist as the word gets around you dont have to pay SS anything if you don't/can't continue. 

dx

On 11/04/2024 at 12:27, CFCRhys said:

is it actually a letter from my local council?

eh nothing to do with them!

where did you get that idea from???

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Well then, as expected, the hard copy letter came through today. It’s attached, all I’ve done is draw over my name address and reference number. 

Slightly funny thing: it’s dated the 17th, says for me to respond within 7 days, I received this today, the 28th… interesting

What do we reckon to this?

Continue to ignore?

Only thing I’m concerned about is that I do still live at home with mum and dad, don’t particularly want anyone dodgy turning up at the door when I’m not there. 🤔

Let me know what you think I should do guys

Any help appreciated. 

2024-04-17 S6 strange paploc try.pdf

IGNORE

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

12 minutes ago, CFCRhys said:

Only thing I’m concerned about is that I do still live at home with mum and dad, don’t particularly want anyone dodgy turning up at the door when I’m not there. 🤔

totally powerless if they do

a dca is not a bailiffs on any debt

and have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what it's type

dx

and they