@shiply - courier has vanished with my items please help

Apoligies if this gets a bit long winded, I will try to be as thorough as possible.

On 21/03/2024 I purchased 2 Ikea cabinets for £70 from an eBay seller.  The cabinets were listed as collection only but the seller was more than happy for me to use a courier at my own expense to collect on my behalf.

I went onto Shiply.com to get quotes for a courier and agreed a price with AIRSPEEDER ( Shiply username ) under the terms that they could collect on 23/03/24 and deliver to me within 2-3 days.  They stated that they would give a 2 hour time slot for both collection and delivery.  Paid the Shiply commission deposit of £12 and paid remaining balance of £55 to courier via Paypal.

23/03/2024 the seller was contacted from a mobile number by the courier to inform them of collection time which was adhered to and cabinets were removed from his property.

24/03/2024 courier messages via Shiply to say delivery will be "early next week"

26/03/2024 no sign yet and after enquiring with courier I am told "I have forwarded your job to higher management, they are sorting it out and making arrangements for route asap, i'll update you once i have one, regards"

02/04/2023 after another enquiry by me Im told I will receive a delivery date very soon

No response from courier since that message.

The details provided by Shiply are 2 mobile numbers that aren't connected and an email address of [email protected] which gets no delivery notice when contacting it.

Paypal payment lists the payment to courier as going to [email protected], again no response from this email.  When googling this email address I find Fauzer Logistics on companies house as a dissolvd matter.

I have contacted the seller who was able to provide me with a different mobile number from when the courier called him for collection.

Upon ringing this and finally getting an answer, I am told by an indian gentleman that he is just a driver and to go to Shiply.  He has since blocked my number.

Shiply are claiming they have no legal responsibility over the courier as it is a contract between courier and myself.  

I contacted my local police on the live chat facility and have been told that it is a civil matter and woudn't be classed as theft because the items never actually arrived in my possession for them to have been stolen!

These cabinets were purchased with money that was gifted to me by my mum before she passed away.  I am heartbroken and even though I realise there is little I could do other than go down the route of civil action which would be financially unviable, I am hoping there is a glimmer of hope and I have missed a glaringly obvious solution.

Thank you in advance for any advice x

Re the police response - factually wrong on so many levels. I'm not suggesting that is the most effective port of call (it probably isn't) but you would be the owner even if you never saw the item. How else would other goods in transit be invesrigated? This response was once known as "cuffing the job" 

Mycat - would you suggest that calling the police and speaking with them would be advisable?  I am not prepared to let this just be, it's hurt my heart in so many ways and the grief I was already feeling about losing my mum has been heightened by this situation massively.  

I thought that as I had paid for the goods, they belonged to me regardless of whether I have physically received them - especially when someone has taken my money to collect them on my behalf xx

its a civil matter, nothing to do with the Police.

Shiply are your target. stop getting fobbed off.

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

clickme ^^^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay, this is just another failed delivery issue. Normally it is EVRi or DPD or DHL. This may be the first time we have had an issue with Shiply but it will be broadly the same.

It sounds to me as if Shiply is the company that you contracted with and they farmed the work out to their couriers. Let us know if you think this is wrong.

Did you pay any kind of insurance for the value of the items?

I understand that they are going under more than one name. You need to be sure about the name of the company that you are going to be claiming against.

Start reading up some of the stories on this sub- forum – mainly about EVRi, I suppose. The way forward will roughly be the same.

Draft particulars of claim and post it here and get ready to send it off.

After that, open account with the County Court MoneyClaim online claim service and start drafting your claim. Post your draft particulars of claim here and get ready to click it off on day 15 after the 14 day deadline contained in your letter of claim.

Let's get going

shiply are brokers that for a fee put you in contact with 1000's of fly by night 'man with a van' companies that phoenix or vanish regularly with everyones goods.

not ONE of the +20 threads here has we ever seen the poster coming back to tell us what happened......they all just vanish like the men with vans that steal peoples goods and re sell them at another auction in another county.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Please don't think for a second that I won't update as and when I get any further along with this. 

The problem is that most items are relatively low value and simply not viable to run through the process of small claims.

I intend to see it through fully 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed
  • Like 1

Why is your claim not viable?

It costs £35 to issue a small claims action, which you get back if you win.

Looking at other Shiply threads, the problem wouldn't be starting a court claim and indeed winning, that would be easy.

The problem would be enforcing against, as dx puts it, a fly-by-night.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Posted (edited)

I have zero valid contact details at present other than a mobile number which has now blocked me :( 

If Shiply only hold fake details because they haven't done the due diligence that they claim to do when vetting potential couriers using their platform then who would I make a small claims case against? 

I didn't realise it was not massively expensive to begin a small claims process if I am totally honest, it's not something i have ever needed to look into so don't really understand the process of it.  

Edited by dx100uk

The small claims process is straightforward although it will take a few months. Assuming you win you will get your money back – and of course you have to enforce the judgement.

I'm not really clear how it works. Maybe it is already set out on this thread but tell me anyway – who did you pay your money to?

Posted (edited)

The cabinet payment went to the seller,

The courier costs quoted on Shiply were £67 - of this £12 went to Shiply and £55 to the courier which was paid via Paypal xx

Edited by dx100uk

Okay. Sue Shipley.

Prepare a letter of claim and post it here

Just going to add here for whats its worth.

Even if you win, if shiply don't pay you won't be able to get anywhere.

Their address is just a paper sharing mail address (i.e they will have no assets or employees there) it is simply somewhere so that they can register. 

I don't think you'll be able to enforce against this to be honest, so it may be worth considering if making a claim is worth it.

I certainly don't say that to discourage you, but more on the point that if you go through and win you must understand there is a real chance you wont be able to get back your funds because you can't enforce against them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Posted (edited)

The eBay seller has today contacted the driver who collected goods from him and received a text message back.  

The driver says he is only employed as a driver and takes goods to the warehouse. 

Apparently the warehouse owner has had a death in the family and the drivers cannot gain access to the warehouse to complete deliveries. 

He claims that deliveries should resume on 15th April onwards and apologises for the inconvenience.

The courier themselves have been active on Shiply daily throughout this saga and haven't attempted to contact me via Shiply - in fact they haven't even read my messages sent 4th April.

I am taking the drivers message with a pinch of salt and shall not hold out any hope for a delivery x

Edited by dx100uk

Did you get any details of the warehouse – who owns it  et cetera?

I didn't know what Shiply was until finding this thread.  I've had a good read through reviews and indeed signed up myself today to ask for quotes for a mock delivery.

It seems like one of those things that go right most of the time.  To be fair to them, the majority of reviews are positive.

But when it goes wrong it goes very wrong.  All the one-star reviews tell the same story.  Driver steals the goods.  Shiply have no customer service and do nothing whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Posted (edited)

Please do bear in mind though that if a customer doesn't leave any feedback within a set timescale, Shiply actually leave false positive feedback on their behalf!  So how can customers be feasibly choosing a reputable courier based on a falsified feedback scoring system? 

Once a customer then decides to place negative feedback to give a truthful view of the transaction, Shiply marks their job as "resolved or completed" and this prevents the customer from further messaging the courier via the Shiply platform xx

Edited by dx100uk

i would suspect, even though as i indicated earlier their business model appears to suck, there's no actual proof, certainly not here, that posters issues were not latterly resolved with items being delivered following significant delays.

sadly not one have ever comeback to resolve their threads, which typically mean they were resolved ok.

that could also be the reason for the feedback results above. eventually they were delivered /collected.

dx

and they

1 hour ago, Cw2003 said:

I'm currently experiencing the exact same issue. Could you please contact me and we can discuss this 

I cannot contact people privately on the site here as a new user sadly.  

Shiply have now advised that they do actually hold a copy of the courier companies driving license and biometric profile on file but will only release this to the police. 

The police still claim to be uninterested and stating it isn't theft. 

New business model there for anyone with zero models, get paid to collect items which you will disappear with because nobody in authority actually cares :( 

• BankFodder changed the title to @shiply - courier has vanished with my items please help
On 10/04/2024 at 18:13, BankFodder said:

Did you get any details of the warehouse – who owns it  et cetera?

Many apologies BankFodder, I didn't see this question when I was online earlier.  

The driver refused to offer any details of the warehouse, the warehouse owner, who employs him, how to contact whoever he is driving for/employed by.

Shiply have confirmed via email today that they hold a verified driving license and relevant biometric confirmation on file for the person who has registered the company there but, for obvious GDPR reasons, would only share that information with the police. 

I half surmise that the name and address they gave me as a contact for the courier company could be correct as surely this would need to match the information given to verify identity? ( or I would to assume it was )

Shiply also responded to my Trust Pilot review and said they have now suspended AirSpeeder from the platform and advise me to continue to contact them although, with no up to date details to offer me, I don't know how they expect me to do that. 

They have also advised on there that they advise contacting the police ( who have already told me they aren't interested ) 

shirking their responsibility.

they VERY well know full well the police cant really do anything, this isnt their 1st dance at this missing furniture/consignment ballgame.

cant see the point in them requiring any details about any companies they list if they DON'T ACT UPON COMPLAINTS .

barring people from their list is simply a chocolate Teapot exercise.

Shiply you need to man up and fight for your customers.

and they

I have emailed the shiply CEO/Founder directly too this morning. 

I don't expect a response as the policy comes from the top not the bottom!  

The dispute raised via Paypal to the courier hasn't received a response either xx

Despite Shiply claiming that AirSpeeder have been banned from their platform, AirSpeeder have magically been active online this morning!  The whole thing is so corrupt it's unreal x

Is there no way to get a proper address for Shiply?

On their website and on Companies House it is: Floor 3, 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH, but jk2054 reckons it is simply a letter box.

I've looked & looked but can't find anything else.