sold trainer on ebay/yodel - but someone stole them from the buyers gate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to find any similar topic with a similar but can't see any. 

The buyer claims the item was not delivered to them.

When I asked Yodel they say they will investigate.

after a few days they sent me a Picture and GPS coordinates showing the delivered parcel.

it seem somebody stole the parcel from buyer.

In the past ebay would ignore buyer claim but I can not see any recent stories from UK.

Can I take Yodel to Small court for a delivered item?

There won't necessarily be similar cases.
You sold an item on eBay. Are you an eBay trader?
What is the item?
What is its value?
Does the photograph doesn't show the parcel and at the correct address?
Did Yodel fulfil all the terms of the delivery contract. Was it meant to be signed for? Was it left on a doorstep accessible to the public? Is it somewhere that could be described as a "safe place"?
What does the addressee have to say about it?

Also it was the item correctly identified?
Was the value correctly declared?
Did you take out their so called "insurance"?

You sold an item on eBay. Are you an eBay trader? No Trader 

What is the item? Running shoes

What is its value? 70 GBP

Does the photograph doesn't show the parcel and at the correct address? It seem is in the Correct Address

Did Yodel fulfil all the terms of the delivery contract. Was it meant to be signed for? Was it left on a doorstep accessible to the public? Is it somewhere that could be described as a "safe place"? It seem If was left at the front gate.

What does the addressee have to say about it? Addressee Says isn't there and not the first time and item is not delivered

Also it was the item correctly identified? Yes

Was the value correctly declared? Yes

Did you take out their so called "insurance"? No

if Yodel have provided GPS and photographic evidence of the parcel at the address and someone stole it, then you've no claim against Yodel.

unless you can prove that the buyer stated to leave the parcel elsewhere like a safe place or neighbour. 

have ebay taken the money from your bank account yet?

if not remove all payment methods from your account and ignore them.

ebay dont do court.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that it was left at the front gate that doesn't tell me whether they satisfied their delivery obligations.

I did ask you if they had satisfied their delivery obligations and you have simply said that it was left at the front gate but that wasn't tell me if that where it was meant to be left. Was it left outside the gates or inside the gate? Was it meant to be signed for? Was it meant to be handed to the addressee?

Please can you think about the way you also these questions so that I don't have to go through everything bit by bit.

You say that you are not a Trader.

Does this mean that it was a one off  sale or are you regularly selling these items, purchasing them simply to sell them on?

@BankFodder Sorry but I don't understand your question. what your meant "satisfied their delivery obligations."

I used the address provided by the buyer nothing less nothing more. 

Xmas was a busy period I guess delivery guys were over the top and just ring the bell, left the parcel and went to the next house. 

This was one off sell of an unwanted gift I'm not a trader

@dx100uk No decision made yet by ebay, I was just trying to gather information. I guess somebody else have a similar experience as me

• Thanks 1

if ebay has not sucked money from your bank account, then go onto ebay NOW and remove all funding details like debit/credit cards and bank account numbers from your wallet. PROTECT YOURSELF.

as they will find in his favour. 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

3 hours ago, andycorleone said:

Sorry but I don't understand your question. what your meant "satisfied their delivery obligations.

When you enter into a contract with a delivery company, they undertake to deliver in a certain way. With a photo? The signature? In a safe place? Delivery into the hand of the addressee?
So what did they undertake to do – and did they meet those obligations?

If you aren't sure what their delivery commitment was, then you need to go back into the website or whatever and have a look at the terms and conditions

Sorry at this point I don't see any benefit of share this information and private information of the buyer.

There is a Box a gate and a GPS Map showing were the picture was taken which correspond to the address of the buyer

well the benefit of the photo is we can see if theres POD or not

anyway what DX said is incredibly important, ebay don’t do court so remove your details

also you can sue Yodel and they’ll pay but only do this if there is BOC

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Going back to Yodel Website I can see this:  (Sorry my mistake I though was Evri when I opened the Forum threads I will try to edit the tittle ) 

"Service Details

Print your label in store
Drop your parcel off at thousands of conveniently located Yodel Direct stores
We aim to deliver all parcels within 2 working days of the parcel being dropped at your local Yodel Direct store
Send your parcel to any postcode in the UK
Fully tracked from drop-off to delivery
Email notifications as standard so you and your recipient are kept informed every step of the way
Add insurance to your delivery to receive a proof of delivery signature when your parcel is delivered"

I didn't paid for any extras just the standard service 

• BankFodder changed the title to Yodel Delivered the Parcel but seem Somebody Stolen the Parcel, Ebay Claim
2 hours ago, andycorleone said:

Sorry at this point I don't see any benefit of share this informartion and private information of the buyer. There is a Box a gate and a GPS Map showing were the picture was taken which correspond to the address of the buyer

sorry but simply because you don't see the benefit of sharing  this information, we may do and we would like to see the photo please.

If you want help then you need to answer our questions carefully and give us the information that we need. Particularly as it now seems that you didn't pay for signature so they were justified not obtaining one so we do need to see how the parcel was left to form an opinion as to whether it is worth your while pursuing it.

just type no need to keep hitting QUOTE!

thread title updated

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to sold trainer on ebay/yodel - but someone stole them from the buyers gate