Sports Direct Shocker 2

Hello all,

I signed up to the forum specifically to add my case here.

Sports direct shocker!!! - Online Stores - Consumer Action Group

The same thing happened to me via Flannels website, same company and warehouse I believe.

Frasers Group who own Sports Direct and Flannels. 

I have 3 items missing from my parcel,

ive spent 4 weeks chasing them - they closed my case a couple of times without resolution and sent me round in loops,

I constructed a more official email on Monday - see communication below..

They told me it was sent and shipped, their CCTV confirms this.

I copy all the information below.

There is absolutely no way it was shipped, its theft ultimately, and I encourage anyone else who has the same issue to share so we can further pursue this - its utterly appalling.

Ive removed the names - will try to pursue via the bank.

Dear Head of Customer Service,

I am reaching out to escalate a pressing issue regarding my recent order (Order ID: ...) with your company. Despite my repeated attempts to resolve this matter through your customer service channels, I find myself compelled to bring this to your direct attention due to the lack of satisfactory resolution thus far.

On February 28, 2024, I first reported a discrepancy in my order, specifically the absence of the following items:
Tommy Paper OS Sn32 in Desert Sky DW5, Size Medium, Product Code: .
CK L Mercerised T Sn33 in Purple VA8, Size Medium, Product Code: .
HBO Loony Sn33 in Lt Grey 050, Size Medium, Product Code: .

Additionally, I received a damaged item:
CK L Crinkle Cargo Sn32 in Platinum PRW, Size Medium, Product Code: 510982/02/390

The attached timeline below provides a detailed account of the communication exchanges between your team and myself, highlighting the growing concerns over the handling of this issue. I urge you to take note.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, consumers are entitled to goods that are as described, fit for purpose, and of satisfactory quality. The failure to receive the items listed above, alongside receiving damaged goods, constitutes a breach of these rights.

I am willing to accept either the original items as initially ordered or a full refund for the missing and damaged goods. I expect this resolution within 14 days from the date of this communication, failing which I will feel compelled to explore further actions. This may include, but is not limited to, seeking recourse through consumer protection organizations, pursuing legal options, and sharing my experiences with the public and relevant consumer advocacy groups.

Your prompt and effective handling of this matter is not only critical for resolving my current predicament but also serves as a testament to your company's commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.

I trust that you will treat this matter with the urgency and seriousness it warrants and look forward to a swift and satisfactory resolution.

Their reply today:

Thank you for your patience while the investigation was underway regarding your missing item dispute.     

I do apologise for the delays experienced, I can see we did email yourself within your last thread as of 07/03/24 in which advised our conclusion to your dispute claim.

I can confirm that we did obtain and review the relevant CCTV footage from the packing of your order, in which we were able to see all items upon the order were processed and packaged successfully, before these were sealed securely within and readied for dispatch.

Our findings also revealed that the dispatching parcel seen within the CCTV footage, was corresponding in appearance to the parcel seen within the couriers proof of delivery image therefore confirming all items packaged did remain within at the point of which the consignment was delivered. 

In addition to this, you were also able to confirm that the parcel itself remained intact and sealed without damage upon your receipt, further confirming that the complete order we saw to be packaged did remain inside and all items were delivered successfully.

Therefore, we are unable to accept your missing item claim and this does remain rejected. Unfortunately this would be our full and final stance upon the matter and any additional dispute would need to be conducted with a third party of your own discretion and liability, regretfully we are unable to assist you any further I do apologise. 

Thank you for your time, have a lovely remainder of your day. 

My reply today:

Thank you for your response and the details of the investigation conducted regarding my missing item dispute. While I appreciate the efforts made to resolve this issue, I must express my persistent concerns based on critical evidence that seems to have been overlooked.

Firstly, I'd like to highlight a crucial discrepancy regarding the weight and capacity of the parcel delivered to me. Upon receipt, I noted that the parcel was marked with a weight of 2.3 kg, which was consistent with the actual weight of the internal contents, excluding the three missing items.

Given the weight and volume of the items I did receive, the parcel was already at full capacity, leaving no room for the additional items. If the missing items were indeed included, as suggested by your investigation, the total weight would have exceeded 2.3 kg, and the parcel would not have been full upon their inclusion.

This discrepancy raises significant doubts about the conclusion that all items were securely packaged and dispatched as claimed.

Moreover, the assertion that the CCTV footage shows all items being processed and packaged does not align with the physical impossibility of fitting the missing items into the parcel I received without exceeding the indicated weight or requiring additional packaging space. This evidence strongly suggests that the missing items could not have been in the parcel when it left your facility.

In light of this, I kindly request the following:

A detailed explanation addressing the discrepancy between the parcel's weight and the combined weight of all items that were supposed to be included.

Access to the CCTV footage that was reviewed during your investigation, specifically the segments showing the packing of my order and the parcel's weight being confirmed. This footage is crucial for verifying the claims made about the packing process and the contents of the dispatched parcel.

It is important to me that we resolve this matter based on transparent and verifiable evidence. I remain open to receiving the missing items or a refund as a resolution. Should we be unable to resolve this issue amicably, I will regrettably have to consider further action, including seeking resolution through a third party.

I look forward to your prompt and detailed response to these concerns.

hi chris

please create your OWN topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello all, 

Thanks for your kind support thus far. Please see further comms following on from before:

Thank you for getting in contact. I hope you are well. 

The parcel is weighed when this is despatched by ourselves and by the courier when this is scanned into their network and the weight of the parcel does match the weight of the parcel and the contents, further to this the CCTV shows the claimed missing items being scanned and has also been confirmed that all items were scanned by the warehouse before being placed inside the sealed parcel. I have provided the footage below. 

As per our previous email your claim of missing items has been rejected and our stance on this will not change, any further action you take would need to be via a third party as we cannot assist further with this matter. Due to this we wouldn't be providing further replies on this as our stance will remain the same.  

attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6ODAzMzI4NzEwNjUsImRvbWFpbiI6ImZncmV0YWlsLmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoxODI4MDIwfQ.fG_uP8SaL2qodo5f5ytiTY0gg02bKpzFn2lQMj2J8CU
attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6ODAzMzI4NzEwNjYsImRvbWFpbiI6ImZncmV0YWlsLmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoxODI4MDIwfQ.Cop5EBmnrsfHSyABiDaLrHyTKTJUs9_SQkjZirjw9fcattachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6ODAzMzI4NzEwNjcsImRvbWFpbiI6ImZncmV0YWlsLmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoxODI4MDIwfQ.ZGbmWTdtCjv86a9dRy90688V1yxxaQsyN3GBEHy6LSYattachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6ODAzMzI4NzEwNjksImRvbWFpbiI6ImZncmV0YWlsLmZyZXNoZGVzay5jb20iLCJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoxODI4MDIwfQ.CyceumWUm6rVWPEv2wpgyMh8brv8IujTBeKzcrdzv2M

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

I replied today:

I appreciate your prompt response and the effort to provide CCTV footage as evidence. However, upon careful examination of the freeze frames provided, it has become evident that the quality and content of the still images do not support the claim that all ordered items were packed and dispatched.

The footage, while of poor quality, shows only two items, one black and one grey, both of which I received. Crucially, there is no evidence of the three items I reported missing, which strongly suggests they were not included in the parcel. This observation contradicts the assertion that all items were scanned and packed.

This discrepancy not only raises serious concerns about the packing and dispatching process but also brings into question the reliability of the evidence provided to support the rejection of my claim. Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, consumers are entitled to receive goods that are as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose. The failure to deliver the items ordered constitutes a breach of these rights.

Given the clear evidence from the CCTV footage, which corroborates my claim that the items were not packed, I am once again requesting either the dispatch of the missing items or a full refund for them. Failure to address this issue satisfactorily may compel me to escalate the matter further, including seeking advice and action through third-party avenues such as the Consumer Ombudsman or small claims court.

I understand your position that your stance on this matter will not change. However, given the evidence and the rights afforded to me under UK law, I urge you to reconsider your position and provide a fair resolution to this dispute.

I hope we can resolve this matter amicably and promptly, avoiding the need for further action.

Own topic started Chris please continue to post here not on other members topics.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok Andy, thank you.

Today they responded almost within the hour of sending my previous email. 

In summary, upon highlighting the CCTV footage they shared further endorses my claim the goods were never packed, they replied:

Thank you for getting in contact. I hope you are well. 

As per our previous email our stance on this will remain the same and any further action you take would need to be via a third party, we are within our right to investigate any reported missing items from orders and are within our right to accept or reject the claim made and doesn't go against your rights as a consumer. 

As advised we won't be assisting further with this matter and therefore won't be providing any further replies and any further action taken needs to be via a third party and not ourselves. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

I liked your email disputing the CCTV evidence, but I guess just like with most companies they don't even read emails.

How did you pay? Hopefully by credit card and you can S75 the missing items worth of money back. Then let them worry about taking you to court, rather than the opposite.

Good luck!