Bought a Mazda from Silverdale Cars in Leicester which is faulty. My MoneyClaim through the gov hasn't achieved anything.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon.

Last January I bought a car from Silverdale Cars. A nice looking Mazda for £3750. I spoke to man named Zayn and he was nice and said once I transferred him some money, he would send the car.

Money was transferred and car was delivered. Then my local Garage told me the whole underside of the car had corroded to hell and it was going to cost the cars worth to repair.

So though the consumer act, I went for a refund, no reply to emails to answers to my phone calls. So I went for their dispute resolution service of choice, but again, heard nothing, so it didn't go anywhere.

So I put in a claim through the gov Money Claims service, I won by default as they didn't respond. No refund was coming though, so I put in an application for a Warrant of Control. It's come back saying they are no longer trading or at the address they provide.

I've found out that they have changed their name to Numota as well. I even provided Numota's address on the Warrant of Control but it didn't help.

Can I get some advice on where to go from here. I gave them all my savings to buy myself a nice car that I can't drive. Just want my money back at this point.

Thank you all.

Zyble

Hello, welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

I expect people will be along to advise later but while you're waiting, you could do a search here - scroll up to the red line near the top of this page and type silverdale or numota in the white box. You'll see that we've had other people complaining about them.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Heya Honeybee. 

Thanks for the welcome. My sister pointed me to this site when she saw a post on the same dealer here.

I had a read but I thought I'd post my own thread too in order to perhaps get some more personalised advice :)

• Like 1

You did the right then posting here. However, there are some companies which simply don't want to be found. They dissolve themselves and then set up again. It's called Phoenixing and this is very probably what has happened here.

You paid by cash or you paid by bank transfer. I'm afraid that by doing this you give up all kinds of rights as you might have had if you paid by credit card or with a loan or hire purchase.
I can imagine that the dealer insisted on payment in that way and that was to make sure that you had not come back against him.

Read our used car guide. I'm afraid it's probably too late for you and it won't make good reading – but read our used car guide anyway.

Also do I get the impression that you bought this car without seeing it? And that it was delivered to you and that was the first time you saw it? How far away are you from the dealer?
Did it come with a brand-new MOT? What's the date of the MOT and who issued it?

looks like the other user here eventually got her moneyback and is posting up info soon to help us.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It, it was bank transfer which was insisted on. and I've already have the pleasure of finding out the banks can't help recover the money.

I hadn't seen the car before the purchase but there was a lot of pictures on auto trader where it looked good and when it was dropped off, it looked like it did in the pictures, of course it was underneath the car where the issue was.

It wasn't a band new MOT, it was done 4 months prior to the purchase by a place named K E Clowes Motor Repairs.