Pip question **RESOLVED**

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I've been awarded enhanced rate and lower rate mobility for 7 years now.

7 years ago I had to go to tribunal in court.

I had a renewal application in June or July, CAB made a change on my mobility.

I have been invited to a assessment I don't have a date yet, I have little medical evidence at the moment due to diagnosis so I'm relying on the assessment really.

If after the assessment they decide to only give me my normal allowance. If I put in for a mandatory reconsider am I at risk of loosing or money stopping?

Try not to waste your energy and time on something that hasn't happened.

Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Did they award you PIP for seven years?

Get all the evidence you can together, including the form you filled in 7 years ago, refresh your memory, and then if your circumstances have deteriorated you will be able to say so.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi.

It wasn't awarded for 7 years, I usually get a renewal every two years.

Usually its quite smooth the previous times i just put no change to all questions,

ive had an assessment 2 times,

2020 didnt happen because the virus, think this time around I'm nervous because of a change, I don't want to end up back in a tribunal.

As advised follow the process PIP want you to follow, when they contact you about reassessment. 

If you are concerned about having to appeal at Tribunal, then go to Citizens Advice or other local disabilities advice service when you get the assessment form sent to you.   These advice services have a PIP guidebook, so they know how to complete the assessment forms.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Well the time has now come.

I have a assessment in a couple of days, I've tried to get a advocate to help with the assessment but no luck,

I have a bundle of paperwork I just can't mentally take on the challenge of sorting out all my medical evidence it was sent from my gp by email and there is over 500 pages,

I haven't got a clue how to do the assessment I normally have a support worker but I have moved into a different area that doesn't offer this support, it's a dreaded night mare

I did go to my local cab but they wasn't very helpful in helping me, I have had help looking for a advocate but I can't afford to have one, I see a mental health worker every two weeks for personality disorder I'm unsure if they will help

I have been told to contact my local mp office, would this help?

Could anyone help me understand the process of this properly, so I am awarded pip until September next year,

I have my assessment in a couple of days, I don't think they will ....but if I get 0 points say in my assessment what is the process of that .... will my money stop instantly, will it continue until a mandatory reconsideration has gone through?

I just can't process the way this works

I Don't get it? 

until I can get medical evidence sorted, I don't have the energy to go to tribunal it's already 

mentally overwhelming for me

Can anyone explain the process of this.

Thank you

Your MP won't be able to do anything at this stage.

Your mental health worker is best person to contact.

The charity Mind are also very good and they can explain what happens with benefits after the outcome of assessments.

I am not 100% sure whether benefit payments are stopped if the assessment outcome does not continue your PIP and you submit MR within one month of the outcome decision. Probably best to speak to Mind about this.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

No you don't send in now.  The person who completed the assessment may have already submitted their report to DWP.

You appear to be presuming that your PIP award will change, when it may remain as it now.

If the assessment decision is not as you want it to be, then of course you can submit any information for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Why do you think the current medications list is relevant to PIP award ?

If you think it is relevant, contact PIP and advise them.

I am not sure it is relevant, unless the medications you are currently on have side effects which are explained in Doctors information you have also available to be provided.

@unclebulgaria67

I told the assessment what medication I was on, I am on anti psychotic medication called aripirazole that cause alot of side effects 

I also notified them of a lung condition what effects my day to day life I have had it for 3 years and just seems to progress so I have notified them because it effects my mobility 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a update on this one

I have had my assessment now and received a text today saying that they have made their decision and I should hear back from them in the next two weeks, really nervous about this and feel they are going to reject my claim, it all seems to have happened so fast!

@unclebulgaria67 you seem the best person to ask as you seem very knowledgeable with uc, I've recently seen on my tiktok that people have been receiving uc with no benefit cap.

So we have a joint universal claim with two child.

previously to this my partner was working living alone and I received esa, sdp and pip living alone.

I continued to claim esa and lost sdp when we moved in together, my partner stopped working due to covid and claimed uc so this had to be a joint claim for me and her but again I continue to claim esa, however we have a large deduction 

1. For my fortnightly esa

2. My partners carers allowance

We also have two children on our joint uc claim, one of which is in receipt of DLA middle rate daily living component and also the disabled child component on uc.

I receive the higher support group component on uc also.

Should we be deducted for the esa and carers allowance?

I'm not up on how this systems works because I've learned that if we have a child with dla then we should not have any benefit cap? 

Really sorry if I have asked this question before my memory is not the best.

as far as i remember DLA/PIP are not inc on any total income toward any benefit caps whomever in the household gets them. they are included and listed but dont count as part of the cap total.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes ESA and Carers Allowance amounts you receive separately are deducted from Universal Credit awards, because they count as benefit income. As dx says PIP/DLA do not affect UC award directly.

You should not have benefit cap applied, as noted on Gov.uk website.

WWW.GOV.UK

There is a limit on the total amount of benefit that most people aged 16 to under State Pension age can get - benefits affected, benefit cap amount.

Thanks, everyone! I think the benefit cap applies to individuals who are employed. For instance, if my partner starts working, it shouldn't affect our uc claim because there's no cap imposed on it due to our daughters DLA, Right?

Apologies for being a bit slow at grasping this concept.

as long as your daughter is under 18 then someone being on dla/pip just means that income is not inc in the total and makes the household exempt from it should they hit it or exceed it.

sorry got confused too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@peakson

You also mention support group presumably LCWRA on UC claim so that gives exception from benefit cap. The link above notes the exemption.

"get Universal Credit because of a disability or health condition that stops you from working (this is called ‘limited capability for work and work-related activity’)"

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys this is all sorted now, it went smoothly, had a assessment over the phone, within a week they awarded me the same rate so I guess I panicked over nothing :)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all 

P.s sorry it's late!

• Thanks 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Pip question **RESOLVED**