parking ticket outside my own house though i pay a yearly fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wondering if anyone knows any knowledge of residence permits,,

i pay already £125 per year  for outside my house residence permit.... they failed to notify me that is was due to run out which i then got a parking ticket for,,

i called council and they said its an external company who deals with it,,,,,,

this was 2 months ago i complain and 2 months later now the council have return via letter say my appeal was rejected,,,,even though i have already bought a new permit

surely this is a joke?

who's responsibility is it to pay this annually..yours i expect. i dont think there is any legal remit that they must even sent reminders its getting near time to renew time?

how long have you lived there and how long have the permits been in use for?

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How is this any different to you, for example, driving your car on the road with no MOT or lapsed tax? It is presumably your responsibility to keep track of your affairs and ensure you pay things as they're due.

In this instance, though I accept I'm far from an expert, I can't see how you could have a valid complaint. You did not have a valid permit and you were ticketed as a consequence.

If you don't have a calendar, diary or similar, there are services available such as "don't forget the milk" that will remind you by notification and email when things of note fall due. Maybe something like that would benefit you.

Edited to say: That position clearly changes if you are normally invoiced in advance, or possibly even if you're normally reminded in advance.

Edited by theberengersniper

thanks for the response,, however usually over the many years i have been paying they always send a reminder through the post,,, via letter,,,, this time they have removed the in windscreen display ,,, and only sent reminder though email which goes to my junk maill,,,,

however if i did not renew my permit i understand,, but i renewed it for another year,,,,,, why should i pay for the ticket if i have just renewed again ?

the council then said i should speak to the corporation,,, who did not respond,, now council have come back say i owe them money,,,,,, seems totally unfair and all would of been resolved if a reminder would have come through the post,,,

fact is i have renewed again for another year as i have paid for the last , but now council chasing and not the pcn company,,, seems odd this??

and a bit scammy 

what do you mean the PCN corporation?

if its council road the council issue the PCN's?

i will guess English is not your 1st language as your posts are very difficult to understand. sorry.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@hemz

1.  If you only renewed your parking permit after you got a PCN then of course the PCN still stands.  If your old permit had expired before the PCN was issued then the PCN is valid.  But if you have evidence that you had renewed the permit before the PCN was issued, you might have a case.

2.  As per dx100uk you are confusing the issue by apparently talking about both the council and a separate(?) parking corporation.  Is this (a) a council parking permit and a council PCN issued by a separate company on behalf of the council, or (b) a private parking permit and ticket and nothing whatsoever to do with the council?

What council or parking company is it?

• Like 1

please can you scan up all the letters in/out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF after reading upload carefully

we can much better help you when we can SEE the letters, your appeal, their reply etc etc.

that way it removes any errors in translation software i think you might be using.

thank you

dx

and they

thanks guys so much for your responses,, so english is my language im uk born n bred,, just was typing quickly as im at work.

yes you are correct my membership expired, but this is a resident permit which when you own or live at an address you pay yearly for that privilege, i have been doing and paying this consecutively for say nearly 10 years now,, every year prices increase however we still pay,,,,

previously there was at least a reminder through the post saying you need to update / renew the permit.  then it all went electrical so the badge inside the windscreen was no longer issued , similar to a tax disc, and they still sent reminders one month prior to expiring

this year now only emails are sent out as a reminder , and in my case it went straight through to my junk mail,,, 

therefore i didnt know i had renewal and it had expired, thus me getting a ticket outside my house

i then called up my local Bexley council to which she said challenging the fine is to do with an  external company, which i did,, i told them can i just renew the membership as per every year and to cancel the ticket,, surely a straight forward process,

i bought a new parking permit,, yearly of course, it started a few days after as i couldn't back date it,, which is silly as it was a matter of few weeks

now the Bexley council have responded against my appeal 2 months later with a no,, and that the council require the additional £55 .. what is this silly money making scheme?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, hemz said:

i then called up my local Bexley council to which she said challenging the fine is to do with an external company , which i did,, i told them can i just renew the membership as per every year and to cancel the ticket,, surely a straight forward process, i bought a new parking permit,, yearly of course it started a few days after as i couldn't back date it,, which is silly as it was a matter of few weeks

Who is this external company?

It would help a lot if you could upload all your correspondence as suggested by DX.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service