Huge PayPal negative balance of £23k (business accounts)

JHall2023

Update:

The DCAs have gone quiet since November as I made no further contact.

However, I got an email from PayPal Working Capital demanding £500.

I know it is a separate product but this operates under the UK and they did mention legal proceedings on their recent email.

I'm wondering if this unpaid PPWC balance could bring the negative balances into play again? 

I can afford the PPWC balance. 

I even offered to pay by card but they refused.

The agent said the full negative balance needs paying and the PPWC balance then needs to be paid through a funding source on my PP account which is obviously closed.

Many thanks

P.S. Here is the email I got:"

We have made numerous attempts to contact you in order to discuss and resolve outstanding issues with your PayPal Working Capital merchant cash advance, but have been unable to reach you.

You entered into a contractual relationship with us on or around the “Agreement”).  Under the terms of the Agreement, we purchased a share of your future receivables in exchange for a purchase price and fixed fee.

You have not complied with the Minimum Future Receivables Requirement in Clause 4.2 of the Agreement.  This is a breach of the Agreement, which allows us to terminate the Agreement in accordance with Clause 6.1.2.

In accordance with Clause 6.2, we are entitled to terminate the agreement and seek to recover our losses.  A total Specified Amount of £*** is outstanding and we will seek an amount equivalent to this as damages.

If this Specified Amount is not repaid within 7 days of the date of this notice, we may take the following actions:

• Terminate the Agreement;

• Limit your PayPal account or any other PayPal accounts linked to you or your business;

• Seek recovery through the use of a third party collections agency acting on our behalf; or

• Take steps to recover the amount due including, but not limited to, beginning legal proceedings against you for a breach of contract as detailed above.

Please note that, under the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, we may also seek to recover amounts owed to us from any balance held in your PayPal account or any PayPal account you own.

To discuss your options to resolve this, please contact our PayPal Working Capital Merchant Assistance on 0800 368 7102.  Our hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 17.30pm. Alternatively, you may write to us at PayPal Europe , PO Box 9473 Dublin 15, Ireland if you wish to do so.

PayPal"

Hi

Paypal Working Capital is NOT Regulated by the FCA it states such on their website if you look at it on the very bottom of the page and I quote:

PayPal UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as an electronic money institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuance of electronic money (firm reference number 994790) and in relation to its consumer credit activities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (firm reference number 996405) and for the provision of Cryptocurrency services under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (firm reference number 1000741). Some of PayPal UK Ltd’s products including PayPal Pay in 3 and PayPal Working Capital are not regulated by the FCA. Cryptocurrency services are largely unregulated by the FCA.
PayPal UK Ltd’s company number is 14741686. Its registered office is Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH.

Taken from this link:

WWW.PAYPAL.COM

As they are not Regulated by the FCA I would hold off doing anything and wait for @dx100uk to comment on this for you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

please re read your thread from post one again as you seem to have forgotten the advice given.

and IGNORE THEIR EMAILS.

nothing anyone can do to you.

it is not enforceable in the uk jurisdiction system.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...