NPE/CIS CCTV? PCN PAPLOC - Lombard Place London E3 5Fa, Not Parked In A Marked Parking Bay

You've referred to your mum as being elderly and unwell.  Is she comfortable with dealing with this?

Because an alternative would be for her to out you as the driver, at a UK address.  Then after a couple of months you could "move" abroad.  PPCs give up 99.9999% of the time if the driver lives abroad.

We did suggest this before you moved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hey Dave, yeah shes happy to crack on, they will obviously continue pursuing regardless, Im also happy for her to out me, as soon as she does, is that the end of it for her??

Yes, if she outs you it should take her out of the loop.

However I don't know for sure, because I understand there's a time limit to do this and don't know if its a statutory thing under POFA or just someting the they make up.

Maybe LFI could comment?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

According to PoFA the keeper should inform the rogues within the first month of a PCN being issued who was the driver involved [their name and address]. After that time it would be up to them to decide whether to carry on against your Mother or switch over to you.

Once they discover that you won't be in the Country to appear in Court they may be able to revert back to pursuing your Mother. poFA does not appear to cover such a situation so we are pretty much in the dark on that.

You would have thought that they would jump at the chance to cancel the case since it was very much a trumped up botch which should never have been started.

My own opinion would be that you should continue with using your Mother if at the end when they lose that you pursue them for a breach of GDPR. There is no case. There are no signs at the entrance to indicate that it is a private road and no one would have parked the car there half over the pavement on the wrong side of the road when

There were no other cars in the road so could have parked anywhere on that road and your car just reversed a short way into the road to turn around, not to park.

• Like 2

Apologies.  I didn't think through things properly before I wrote my last post.

We don't have one case of NPE doing court (although of course there are no guarantees).  Outing you as the driver now would mean going back to square one with them sending a PCN, a reminder letter, ten million threatening letters, etc., and be even more work for her.  It may well be better to let sleeping NPEs lie.

In any case you made the decision not to out yourself months ago before your move and I think we're stuck with it now.

• Like 2

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread