New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

Thanks Gary!

I have decided to keep with the 14 days now after much thought. My AQ is due on the 31st March and I will be in the country till the 11th. I'll have somebody check my post and have all the stuff prepared in advance ready to be delivered if the deadline falls before my return date.

I'd rather not have this run for a further 2 months by requesting 28 days on each side to submit the order. I want the money sooner rather than later. Thought this was gonna be done by now :-(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , have filled in my questionaire and one problem is fees , my claim is less than £1500 , and already paid £120 fee when first applied to courts , do i have to pay another fee when sending the questionaire back ,

thanks in advance

No, there is no A/Q fee if your claim is under £1500.

• Haha 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Good stuff DS, well done.:) Which court is it by the way?

In fact - anyone who has proposed the draft order and had it ordered by the judge, would you please let me know and tell me which court it was. Either by PM or on this thread is fine. Thanks.

Willesden County Court, District Judge [edit].

Barclay Card have now missed their deadline as well which was 4pm today and to be fair to them I will leave it till Monday/Tuesday and then request the Judgement. i am told by the Court Clerk that a letter would surfice.

Thanks Gary for your help, it was a nightmare getting the GM one done in 3 days, and Barclays 5 days latter due to the courts sending the directions out late. but hey ho it seems to be in my favour.

DS

Gary - I've heard back from the court today and they have sent me an invite to a "Pre Trial Review" on 7th June.

Does that mean my new strategy draft order has been declined?

Not necessarily - directions will be decided upon at the review, so you need to propose them there. It is in effect a prelim hearing.

Willesden County Court, District Judge ****.

Barclay Card have now missed their deadline as well which was 4pm today and to be fair to them I will leave it till Monday/Tuesday and then request the Judgement. i am told by the Court Clerk that a letter would surfice.

Thanks Gary for your help, it was a nightmare getting the GM one done in 3 days, and Barclays 5 days latter due to the courts sending the directions out late. but hey ho it seems to be in my favour.

DS

Thanks.

Gary, I have not received any emails since Whistleblower on Wednesday, is there a problem!!

Thanks

Not sure TBH - I know they made a few changes to help the server cope with the big hit after WB, thats why the avatars, etc. are off. Do you mean the subscribed threads list in your user CP? That should'nt be affected I don't think, I'll see what I can find out.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Gary - I've heard back from the court today and they have sent me an invite to a "Pre Trial Review" on 7th June.

Does that mean my new strategy draft order has been declined?

Actually Will, you could write to SC&M (is your claim v Lloyds? Can't remember) and propose the directions for agreement in advance of the review. It might prompt them into settling, and if not then they just won't respond - which shows up their obstructiveness (is that a word?:confused:) to the court.

DS, yes the emails are back on.

If you don't get a notification of all the ones you missed during the last 3 days, you can find updates to the threads you are subscribed to by clicking on User CP. All the threads in the box that says "New Subscribed Threads" are the ones that have had replies since you last looked at the thread.

Hi all

had a few threads on this site, however just got another letter from Cobbetts today, after we had sent the AQ to the court, our local one now, we have copied in Cobbetts on all correspondance, however they now want a copy of our schedule of costs, we sent a copy with the CRP 18 letter and a copy to the court, they also want a copy which includes the court interets at 8% - likewise they have not read the letter sent with the copies properly as they want to know what legal basis I am claiming loss of earnings, it actualy states if I have to take a day off work, I am a contractor - self employed so no work, no pay!, to go to court I will claim that days loss based on the current contract, is this legally ok? and do I have to send another breakdown of costs to cobbetts, I know its just another copy, but are they delaying again, this has been going on since november 06 -

sg51bmw

This thread is for AQ issues really, but anyway...

So you've sent a part 18 rebuttal letter along with a schedule of charges, yes? If so there is no need to send another one, although it would'nt do any harm I suppose.

Assuming we're talking small claims track here, if it turned out a court hearing was necessary in your claim (which is not exactly high on the probability scale) then you would be entitled to a maximum of £50 in respect of loss of earnings for the purpose of attending the hearing - plus a max. £50 for travel expenses. This is of course assuming you won, and it would be awarded by the judge upon judgement.

You cannot claim any further costs, certainly not from the outset anyway and it should not be included in any of your schedules.

You do know that a), b) c) and d) of the order are not submitted with the AQ, don't you?

Or has the draft order actually been ordered by the judge in your claim?

Assuming the judge actually makes the draft into an order, you will then have to provide -

a) schedule of charges and interest

b) statements showing charges

c) statement of evidence

d) cases and statutes. These can be found in the Basic Court Bundle

I know I don't have to send this info with the allocation questionnaire, but I am just trying to prepare in advance hoping that the judge will make the draft into an order. Thanks for clarifying this for me

GaryH

thanks for that, sorry I know this thread is for AQ, my question was a follow on from previous AQ questions; Sent another copy of schedule of charges to cobbetts, waiting court date and preparing our court bundle I guess, great help from this site as our claim is split between me and wife it comes to nearly £9,500 inc interest, so want to get it right.

sg51bmw:)

If the court has ordered you to provide proof that the charges have been made, such as in clause b) of the order on page 1 (post #2) of this thread, then yes, you must do as the order says. Faliure to do so could result in your claim being struck out.

Good afternoon all,

I have just been looking at the text in the following post on this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html?highlight=allocation+questionnaire#post482192, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but should imcumbent (Found in the 5th paragraph, 2nd line down within the first quoted text), be spelt i*n*cumbent instead?

Sorry for a non-meaningful post but I tend to make sure spelling it correct when dealing with important documents/text.

Many thanks,

James

My claim progress: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/45185-jharrod-barclays-1.html

Barclays

S.A.R (Subject Access Request) letter sent 10/11/06

Cheque returned and statements to follow 16/11/06

Statements received 18/11/06

Preliminary approach for repayment letter sent 20/11/06

Acknowledgement letter received 25/11/06

Letter before Action sent 08/12/06

Full and final offer (half the requested claim) received 18/12/06

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 31/12/06

** Further communication will be entered here when I find it **

Claim defence received 14/03/07

AQ, Direction of order and SG Other Info sent 29/03/07 (5 days before deadline)

NatWest

Preliminary approach for repayment letter sent 17/11/06

Acknowledgement letter received 28/11/06

Letter before Action sent 08/12/06