SNOWS PEUGEOT OF BASINGSTOKE FAULTY VAN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cant believe im back here again so soon!!

but i am really worried and stressed about this new 2nd hand van i have bought.

The last van i had for 5 years was an absolute nightmare, and spent 5 years crumbling away, before i finally gave in and spent £20,000 buying a new one - 2nd hand.

I spent a lot of time researching and looking online for the one i wanted, and when i found it at a main peugeot dealer i was quite happy, because i thought they would be trustworthy, and i would be looked after.

i part exchanged my old van, i told him it was in poor condition, and no more than that, and he never asked any more either. I didn't go to look at the new van what with it being so far away, and i am not any kind of mechanic anyway.  i set up the finance, paid the deposit, and they delivered it to me whilst i was on holiday. They told me that the vehicle would be delivered in a showroom condition.

As soon as i returned, i looked the van over and there was like a hand sized dent with a scratch through it that was not displayed on the advert, not ever mentioned. I sent the guy at peugeot a message straight away, saying that he had never mentioned that, to which he replied; "you never mentioned that you had warning lights on in your old van"

To cut a long story short,

there are a number of issues with the van, one of which is the temperature needle shooting up to max, and it did it today, whilst i was driving, and the van screamed at me and jerked like it was about to cut out.

£20k is a lot of money,  and considering the history i've had with my previous van, im in no mood to be in and out of garages constantly.

I understand that the garage have one chance to repair and then i can reject it, is this right?

the van is booked into a Peugeot garage near me in essex on feb 27th.

Would you be able to advise me on the correct course of action to take please.

thanks again

dates please at each stage

it's not your van it belong to the finance co.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for reply DX.

I believe 17th Oct was actual date of sale, just checking with finance company as I was away at the time.

There is no in entry on date of sale/transfer on new keeper slip.

Headlights failed once on major motorway, and have done so again recently whilst leaving a job in the middle of nowhere, mid morning in complete darkness.

until the vehicle is in your physical possession clocks dont start ticking in relation to your consumer rights/laws, one date is not enough. full history with dates please

it is not your van, it belongs to the finance co, they should have been involved from day one of finding any issues.

as for what you can do regarding your rights and the retailer is dependent upon dates.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh that's good news, so I have plenty of time then. I have notified the finance company and they just said to talk to the dealer, and to let them know what they say 💁🏼‍♂️

Im sorry, do you mean full history as in date of first enquiry etc?

Thank you 

we dont know if you have plenty of time...we have no dates nor what you are basing that statement upon.

from day one (purchase)

we need a bulleted and dated timeline of what happened till today

when each fault occurred

who you contacted

what you told them

dx

and they

16th oct 2022: £99 deposit paid after seeing ad online

17th oct: pre- arranged finance notified of deposit paid

17th oct onwards: WhatsApp chat with Bradley Crawford of snows peugeot basingstoke regarding sale/PX and delivery of new van (full conversation available if necessary )

21st oct: dealer asked if i had any questions, i said no i just hope the van will be ok. dealer says van is fine other than the previously mentioned light scratches which will be polished out. 

25th Oct: van delivered whilst i was abroad, with hand sized dent and approx 4inch scratch through it. friend took it in and exchanged vans and documents.

31st Oct: Whatsapped bradley to express disappointment at the dent and scratch that was neither mentioned or displayed on initial ad. asked for repair. Bradleys reply was will have ask manager and by the way engine warning lights were never mention on my PX. I had previously stated on snows website that my PX van was in poor condition and no further details were asked for.

16th Nov: whatsapped bradley to ask what checks had been done prior to sale, as i have already had to visit a wheel alignment garage because the van is pulling to the left. Tracking has been checked and is spot on. Also headlights both went out on a motorway at 530am in complete darkness, had to follow behind HGV for light. Bradley says standard peugeot inspection carried out. suggested uk road camber as cause of pulling. Bought new bulbs and spent time installing.

17th Nov: return to tyresmart alignment centre to double check tracking/criss cross wheels to try to eliminate problem, was told by director the tracking couldn't be any better. and no point to criss cross wheel as is certainly going to be the steering adjustment sensor, and the hardware they have cannot access peugeot software. will need to go tot dealer.

17th Nov: called peugeot chelmsford nearest to me. cannot get Peugeot boxer up on their ramp. called Peugeot braintree, cannot get boxer up on their ramp. called Peugeot basildon, 2 appointments missed due to flu. new appointment booked for feb 27th.

Jan 12th '23: headlights have gone out after finishing work in a dark countryside location, in the middle of the night.

Jan 14th: temperature gauge has shot up to 'max'  "radiator temperature fluid high" notification on dash, van jerked as if to cut out, engine made same sound as gears crunching. this has happened a number of times.

Jan 20th: email to propel finance to make aware of van problems. reply from propel advising to discuss with garage to see what they can do, or replace, and come back to them after.

On 18/01/2023 at 20:01, gavino76 said:

you never mentioned that you had warning lights on in your old van

doesn't apply , you are a member of joe public so TINY applies - Tough It's Now Yours. you are not bound by any consumer rights laws.

25th delivery so that gives you 30 days to report any faults. that you have done.

you say you have the van booked in to rectify the faults present, has the retailer agreed to meet this bill in writing?

and they

Have you done a check of the Vehicle history on the Governments Website to see if any of these faults are mention on the MOT even as an advisory?

WWW.GOV.UK

Check the MOT history of a vehicle from 2005 onwards, including if it passed or failed, its mileage and why it failed

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi stu. Yes, I've done this: nothing. No mot history just the one most recently done. Also, service history, none. Just the first one in 2019/2020 and 09/22

DX, the retailer has not agreed to meet this bill and neither have I asked.

Should I visit the garage, have the faults found, and go from there?

2 hours ago, gavino76 said:

and neither have I asked.

thats silly.

2 hours ago, gavino76 said:

Should I visit the garage, have the faults found, and go from there?

yes then write to the retailer with the report, stating under your consumer rights/laws, you have the right to reject the car for a full refund as not fit for purpose. however if the retailer meets these costs, i will accept the repair under my consumer rights/laws, but that does not remove them going forward should anything else happen.

you also need to inform the finance co of you intended actions.

the van it theirs not yours.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys

Regarding this 2nd hand van bought from snows Peugeot 

After describing the problems to the man I dealt with at Peugeot, I had to ring around and find a garage able to get rhe van on a ramp. Chelmsford (my nearest) couldn't do it, Braintree couldn't do it, so I've booked it with basildon. Twice through illness I missed my appointment (actual flu not man flu) and it was finally rebooked for Feb 27th.

The garage have called me today to reschedule for April 3rd. This takes me over 6 months ownership of the van, No, will my rights still apply ?

**just checked, no April 25th will be 6 months. Sorry guys

Worry ye not. The fact is that you informed the seller of the vehicle that it had a problem within the 6 months, so that has preserved your rights under CRA 2015

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

• 1 month later...

hello. just reminding you of this issue with my Peugeot boxer, waiting inspection on april 3rd at toomeys in basildon.

Just recently, a ring of quite severe rust has appeared around all 4 wheels, and the door cill, and checking back on photos on the day of delivery there was no rust anywhere. This rust has never been mentioned and looks disgusting. Its quite clear the dealer have gone out of their way to deceive me and i just want to return the van, is this still posssible? i don't even want to have to argue about it.

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys

would appreciate some help please. my peugeot boxer has been in to the dealer finally. my issues were:

• steering pulling to the left, result: unable to diagnose. van was not test driven
  • temperature gauge shooting up to max, van jerking, "radiator temperature fluid high" error message, result: new clutch pedal switch required £210
  • DAB radio and steering wheel controls not responding properly, result: need new radio and controls £1715.36
  • headlights both went out on motorway at 5.30am, result, need 2 new bulbs £79
  • air con is not ice cold, suspect needs re gassing but forgot to mention 
  • brakes are squealing loudly but forgot to mention
  • all 4 wheels rusting/flaking which was not present at purchase
  • hand sized dent with 6 inch scratch/gouge

I have paid the best part of £20,000 for this van and i am completely unhappy and wish to reject it.

Can you please let me know if i should email a letter of complaint to the complaints department and cc the finance company and also the CEO of Peugeot?

On 23/01/2023 at 13:01, dx100uk said:

thats silly.

yes then write to the retailer with the report, stating under your consumer rights/laws, you have the right to reject the car for a full refund as not fit for purpose. however if the retailer meets these costs, i will accept the repair under my consumer rights/laws, but that does not remove them going forward should anything else happen.

you also need to inform the finance co of you intended actions.

the van it theirs not yours.

already answered

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

would anybody be able to take the time to read this for me and let me know if it is suitable? i have also cc'd in the finance company, should i cc in the CEO ?

hello 

In october 2022 i purchased a peugeot boxer online from you shortly before i went abroad. The sales team reassured me that the vehicle would be delivered in “showroom condition” The van was delivered looking immaculate, photos were sent from my friend who took delivery.  However, when i returned i was surprised to find a dent and scratch on the side loading door, with damage underneath the side door, none of which was advertised, or mentioned prior to the sale. 

over the past 6 months, a number of issues have also arisen, meaning that under consumer rights laws i have the right to reject the vehicle for a full refund as it is not fit for purpose. 

The issues are as follows: 

The van has been also been pulling to the left intermittently, and after having to take time off work to go to an alignment centre, the tracking was found to be perfect. After taking more time off work to take the van into peugeot basildon, they could not find a problem with the steering , not even having test driven it. Im certainly not happy at having to waste time trying to find a problem with a £20,000 van.

The temperature gauge shoots up the max, the van jerks, and an error message of “radiator temperature fluid high” shows.  Basildon diagnosed a fault and a new clutch switch at a cost of £210 is required.

The DAB radio and controls are faulty and basildon have quoted approximately £1715 for parts and labour to replace.

The air con does not work.

The brakes have been squealing since the day of delivery.

Both headlights went out whilst driving on the motorway at 530am in complete darkness. a bulb has been replaced at my own time and expense and has gone out again and not been touched since.

On the day of delivery the wheels looked perfectly clean and tidy, however, all 4 are now rusting heavily and also flaking. So the wheels are either terrible quality or your dealership has gone to great lengths to deliberately hide the rust from me prior to the sale.

There is a loud, incessant plastic rattling sound which has been present since the day of delivery and is slowly driving me crazy, and basildon were unable to find the problem.

the plastic trim on the dashboard is now loose and vibrates frequently.

I have paid the best part of £20,000 for this van, and have been in and out of garages, time off work, and had to pay for a diagnostic fee. It is completely unacceptable.

Please let me know how you can help me with this matter.

thank you