Barclays to £500k- reconcile - go straight to the complaints department 0333 202 3104 **RESOLVED**

JoeTubbs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Nov 17th, Barclays put my accounts into -500k and sent funds to reconcile Glasgow

I have spoken to their customer service team numerous times and just get the reply its currently been reviewed.

I have sent a formal complaint on the back end of nov which has not been actioned but just 3 different dates given that they will respond, last one expired today 27th. I called them today and they actually said no caseworker has picked it up yet. Pathetic

I have filed with financial ombudsman last week. Not sure they will take the case on but will know soon.

I find it appalling that they would take monies without notification.

I made a large Binance deposit 6 months ago and the AML staff that all is good after I provided them with all the documentation.

I even purchased a property and used funds as a deposit.

The solicitors did their own AML and they were more than happy. 

But now the rest of my money has been taken by Barclays and neither the staff or anyone within your bank are willing to assist me as to why my account was frozen without any communication from the bank.

Got my capital gains bill upcoming to pay by end of Jan.
Any other options or now wait.

Should I try go down the legal route now?

Thankfully all the funds in there are solely for capital gains payment and otherwise I am not reliant on it.

Would like to thank all the posts here.

Letter I sent for complaint was taken from here.

Thanks

Hello, welcome to CAG.

As you may have seen, we have a lot of threads about Barclays suspending accounts and we assume it's been for suspected money-laundering. If you have a read around this subforum, you'll see that it 'just' seems to involved waiting for Barclays to do their checks and in time, the account has been restored from what I've seen. It would be worth reading some more threads here to understand the time frames that Barclays work to.

I can't recall a thread here where someone has been able to move things along more swiftly, sadly, and I'm not sure the ombudsman will act quickly either, I'm afraid.

Possibly others will know more than I do.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

clickme^^

though there are no threads here that have not been resolved in less than a couple of weks.

so this has  been going on since nov?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes since Nov 17th when I noticed the funds had been taken. Been chasing it almost daily to no avail. Logged with FOS

Thanks for the posts. I’ve also sent an email to the CEO. Worth a shot. 

Is the max they can hold the funds 60 days?. I think I’m on about Day 40

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays to £500k- reconcile - go straight to the complaints department 0333 202 3104

so was this resolved then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not resolved. Just a direct line incase anyone had same issues rather than going through the main switchboard lines. Takes 10x the time. Still no agent has picked my case up. They was suppose to resolve or get back to me by 27th Dec. (3rd date given) but no operator has it. Will ring again tomorrow.

Might contact the CEOs by post as next port of call.

Waiting on FOS to get back also.

Edited by JoeTubbs

If you’ve triggered an Anti Money Laundering alert, don’t expect an answer beyond “it’ll be looked at”.

There is a specific offence of “tipping off” that their staff will be following a protocol to avoid them committing that offence, if it is an AML alert, with a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) having been created.

https://www.lexisnexis.co.uk/legal/guidance/money-laundering-offences-tipping-off-prejudicing-an-investigation

(Naturally, I don’t work for them, and have no knowledge of if a SAR has been created or not : else I wouldn’t be able to highlight this!)

This one is EZPZ to answer. Banks have decided to crack down on Crypto and they will have been alerted by the Deposits / Transactions to Binance etc 

image.thumb.png.453ff5d4cf81a9011391ab072e68090a.png

A lot of banks are stopping these movements into Crypto Exchanges etc. Closing people's accounts within 60 days. 

This could also have triggered AML in a small aspect due to the nature of the below where crypto is involved as very high risk to the bank etc. 

On 27/12/2022 at 16:56, JoeTubbs said:

I made a large Binance deposit 6 months ago and the AML staff that all is good after I provided them with all the documentation.

I even purchased a property and used funds as a deposit.

The solicitors did their own AML and they were more than happy. 

But now the rest of my money has been taken by Barclays and neither the staff or anyone within your bank are willing to assist me as to why my account was frozen without any communication from the bank.

Basically with the fall of numerous CRX (Crypto Exchanges) - Its likely Barclays are reviewing transactions of this nature. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Emailing the CEO to raise a complaint will go to their Exec Customer Relations Team. 

I have found them to be very good in the past. 

However it may take them more than 10 days to come back to you. Customer Complaints within a bank take up to 8 weeks as set out by the FCA and agreed with the FOS

[email protected] - CEO of Barclays in General

[email protected] - UK MD of Retail Banking

Need more?

image.png.7857c10abaee058d1bbbadea60fa086a.png

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Finally got my money back today.

I posted on twitter.

Have a large following and tagged in the ceos, also sent them emails.

A day later its in my account.

Coincidence.... I do not know but worth doing.

Thanks all for your help and contacts.

Free to help whoever comes across any such issues.

• dx100uk changed the title to Barclays to £500k- reconcile - go straight to the complaints department 0333 202 3104 **RESOLVED**

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you have your funds back.

Will the a/c remain open or are the bank closing it ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joe,

Not surprising based on cases we've seen before.

Read the letter carefully to make sure you do whatever they need to hand your money over.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Went in branch on Friday. Was told they don’t know how to give me the money. Went in again today they still don’t know and are awaiting a response. Rang customer service and they’re saying just go in branch. Stuck in limbo. But will keep pushing. I’ll be glad when I’m done with these crooks

If you read other similar threads, you'll see many folk have trouble finally accessing the money as the bank doesn't make it easy.

Keep at it, jump through the right hoops and you'll get it back eventually.

Got a hmrc bill to pay by end of month. Told them I’m going to be sending any fines to them. Might do another tweet. Got a large following and seems to get a quick response that way. There’s nothing I can do. Customer service just say go bank, it’s not with us and bank waiting on some random team to give clearance but they won’t give me contact details 

If social media gets the attention you need, Tweet away !

emailed all CEOS a few days back, Matt Hammersmith PA responded, sent it to some exec person and they called me. They said I can withdraw the money and to go in branch.

Then I go in....we cannot access your accounts, they are closed and there are no funds in there. The holding account we have no access too. Kicked off to no avail.

They told me to send Proof Of Funds email told them to do one. I done it before months ago and to check their system. Their reply there is nothing we can do. haha

Email sent back to Matt Hammersmith awaiting response.

They make it so god damn difficult.

On 24/01/2023 at 11:52, fkofilee said:

Maybe worth getting the guardian etc involved? They have a good consumer affairs team 

I reiterate this as the press like to hear about these situations and they do put pressure on banks etc

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Complaint, too.

Then if it goes over 8 weeks, straight to FOS.

you can’t complain (well, you can but they can claim they have been reasonable) about the AML alert / decision to close the account.

You can (& should!) complain about the “go in and get your money email “, when you then can’t get your money when you do as they have told you.