Facebook someone pretenting to be someone else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. 

We are hitting a brick wall and dont know what to do. 

My family and l have been trying to report a profile that is pretending to be someone else. They are using the name of a female family member and faking her age, real age is 9 but saying she is 14. We know who it is and they have refused to stop despite us asking them informally and formally. In person, on facebook via messages, on facebook via posts on profile and comments on posts and formal letter to the address. We have been blockd from posting or messaging the page but can still see it. 

Spoken to the police who has said not much they can do other than go round and request they stop. We requested the do this but it did not help. The person despite being there, well the tv and laptop were on, have not answered door. They have left cards for the person to contact the and still no contact. 

Quick call to the ICO who have claimed not much they can do. 

Reported to facebook as Fake name Fake account Something else. but nothing done. Cant report it as Pretending to be someone else as they then ask you to select who but the person is not on facebook so cant Select who they are pretending to be. Tried to speak to facebook but they are being less than helpful 

What do you all suggest 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• dx100uk changed the title to Facebook someone pretenting to be someone else

What are they posting on the account? Is there anything derogatory or distressing or targeted at the female family member or any of the family concerned?

Nothing targetted at family nothing distressing or derogatory. Mostly silly things like silly you tube videos. 

When it was announced Aaron Carter died the person put up who is he and what makes him famous. Oh he posts onlinr.l do that does that make me famous. 

We.know who itnis and why they are doing it just cant get any help. 

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I'm afraid that I tend to agree that there is probably not much that can be done.

They are not using the account to attack you or to diminish you in anyway.

They aren't representing themselves as you you in order to to cause mischief with anybody else.

They aren't using the identity for purposes of fraud or anything.

It seems to me that they have simply used your name and although that might be annoying and even offensive, there are lots of people on Facebook who are using false names and some of them could be the names of other people and some of them could be purely invented names.

I'm sure that it is extremely frustrating and of course I suppose that the reason they have done it it is simply to be provocative but the only thing wrong which they might have done would be to breach Facebook rules on using false names.

That means that you would have to be able to get Facebook to do something about it and of course that would be like trying to move a mountain.

Its the childs dad oldeŕ child. 

Mum told dad no to taking her and theson out of school for a holiday as per the law. 

This is the first time he has contacted mum in 18 mths regarding there children. Longer back story as well. Mum and dad not together and have not been for 3 years. 

Now the older child was calling mum allsorts of names and saying stuff like depriving them of time with younger one etc. Forcing dad to spend more money you know the general stuff. 

Surely they need to act in someway. 

The 9yr old and brother no. 

Its the dads older child with a different mother. The dad is not doing the posting the older child is but then he is not stopping her. 

As long as Dad is getting on way then yes. 

As soon as he is told no or that it cant be done for any reason then no. 

The older childs mum is not happy about it but as its complicated with her and him then she is trying not to rock the boat

Ok l will call them. I can imagine they will come up with some type of excuse to not help like work load age of the older child 

Contacted Social Services. Lady took the details and has said that they won't be doing anything. 

They have decided The daughter is doing this off her own accord. The Mum and Dad have asked her to stop. She is not being controlled. The Child was spoken to at school so was not around Mum or Dad

Dad has said he has asked her to stop but she won't and Mum has said that while she has spoken with the daughter and explained that she is not being good and doing something not nice she has said she don't care and that she is being denied time with her step siblings and that it's not fair. 

Mum can't take away the laptop it is needed for schoolwork tho it's not school supplied. If it was then the school could step in. 

TBH l dont know if what is being said is true but l know the young girl mum has received a lot of stick for this. Dad has sent some lovely messages and the child gave attitude in messages to her.