Trainline scam and ghost trains

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. A pretty serious scam looks like being done by trainline, they seem to be selling tickets for trains that either do not exist or they know are not running and I have proof.

They knew full well about the strikes happening in October as the union told them on the 13th September some x2 weeks before the action to close some line. 

They sold me a ticket on the 26th September ( I no doubt expect thousands of others too) for the 1st of October which they knew was a strike day. 

I had no issue getting a refund, but they kept a 99p booking fee.

Now I put it to you that they have done this on purpose to gain revenue from the booking fee knowing the trains were never running. 

I have complained and got mine back, but it took some effort. 

I feel something should be done about this.

Is there anything that is recommended, I have logged a complaint with the ORR Office of Rail and Road. But is there a trading standards body or other way to get this actioned.

They are clearly making thousands conning people and need to be stopped and held accountable. 

Edited by tru.playaz

I didn't know unfortunately, my local line was closed and no tickets for sale.  I found the nearest one open, they had tickets available so purchased one, as a consumer I was made to believe as I could purchase one the train was on. Turns out they should not of been selling them either. 

People do buy tickets for planned strike days because they know that strikes are often called off at the last minute so I don't think it's a fraud. You got your tarin fare refunded without argument by the sound of it, is that what happened?

But you had an argument to get your 99p booking fee back but did get it refunded eventually. So you are not out of pocket?

I doubt the ORR Office of Rail and Road regulates private ticket agencies like Trainline. 

I see your point over the booking fee. Why should they keep that when they knew it was still going ahead. 

I doubt tho anyone will agree that the service of booking a ticket was not done as you have yourself said you got the ticket. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.