• Tweets

• Hi everyone, Apologies for bringing up the same topic regarding these individuals. I wish I had found this forum earlier, as I've seen very similar cases. However, I need your help in figuring out what to do next because we've involved our partners/resellers. I work as an IT Manager in a company outside of the UK. We acquired a license from a certified reseller (along with a support agreement) and also obtained training sessions from them. The issue arose when we needed to register two people for the training sessions, so we used an external laptop for the second user to keep up with the sessions for only a month. During this period, the laptop was solely used for the training sessions. After two weeks, my boss forwarded an email to me from Ms Vinces, stating that we are using illicit software from SolidWorks. Since this has never happened to me or anyone we know, I went into panic mode and had a meeting with her. During the meeting, we explained that we were using an external laptop solely for the training sessions and that the laptop had not been used within the company since her email. She informed us that for such cases, there are demos and special licenses (though our reseller did not mention these types of licenses when we made our initial purchase). She then mentioned that we had utilized products worth approximately €25k and presented us with two options: either pay the agreed value or acquire SolidWorks products. We expressed that the cost was too high, and our business couldn't support such expenses. I assured her that we would discuss the matter with the company board and get back to her. After the meeting, we contacted the company reseller from whom we purchased the license, explained the situation, and mentioned the use of an external laptop. They said they would speak to Maria and help mediate the situation. We hoped to significantly reduce the cost, perhaps to that of a 1-year professional license. Unfortunately, we were mistaken. The reseller mediated a value €2k less than what Maria had suggested (essentially, we would need to acquire two professional lifetime licenses and two years of support for a total of €23k). This amount is still beyond our means, but they insisted that the price was non-negotiable and wouldn't be reduced any further. The entire situation feels odd because she never provided us with addresses or other evidence (which I should have requested), and she's pressuring us to resolve the matter by the end of the month, with payment to be made through the reseller. This makes me feel as though the reseller is taking advantage of the situation to profit from it. Currently, we're trying to buy some time. We plan to meet with the reseller next week but are uncertain about how to proceed with them or whether we should respond to the mediator.
    • Thanks London  if I’ve read correctly the questionaire wants me to post his actual name on a public forum… is that correct.  I’ve only had a quick read so far
    • Plenty of success stories, also bear in mind not everyone updates the forum.  Overdale's want you to roll over and pay, without using your enshrined legal right to defend. make you wet yourself in fear that a solicitor will Take you to court, so you will pay up without question. Most people do just that,  but you are lucky that you have found this place and can help you put together a good defence. You should get reading on some other Capital One and Overdale's cases on the forum to get an idea of how it works.  
    • In both versions the three references to "your clients" near the end need to be changed to "you" or "your" as Alliance are not using solicitors, they have sent the LoC themselves. Personally I'd change "Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept" to "Dear Kev".  It would show you'd done your homework, looked up the company, and seen it's a pathetic one-man band rather than having any departments.  The PPCs love to pretend they have some official power and so you should be scared of them - showing you've sussed their sordid games and you're confident about fighting them undermines all this.  In fact that's the whole point of a snotty letter - to show you'd be big trouble for them if they did do court so better to drop you like a hot potato and go and pursue mugs who just give in instead. In the very, very, very, very unlikely case of Kev doing court, it'd be better that he didn't know in advance all the legal arguments you'd be using, so I'd heavily reduce the number of cards being played.
    • Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Spring Parking ltd/DCB(Legal) 6 2019 ANPR PCNs claimform - 1-3 Upper Green East, Mitcham, Surrey, Cr4 2pe ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 08/11/2022 at 12:50, hitman126 said:

@FTMDavehmmmm, did they actually amend and resubmit the Particulars of Claim to the court.............or did they simply send me that hand-written amendment to give me the jitters?🙂

You're damn right to be suspicious and dodgy activity to try to give you the jitters is definitely a possibility.

However I would think it is probable they really have applied to the court.

1.  Nearly one and a half grand is a lot of money.  It's worth them paying £108 (I think this is the fee) to get the PoCs changed. 

2.  The alternative, with the original PoCs, is to be humiliated in court.

3.  DCBL have messed this up and they owe a duty of care to Spring Parking to sort it out.

I think it's just a matter that the courts are understaffed and overworked and it'll take a while for their application to be looked at.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Looks damn good to me.

E-mail to the court, snail mail to DCBL (with usual Certificate of Posting, no need to use Signed For).

Don't write your e-mail or phone number or signature on DCBL's copy.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Been having a think about this one...

Would it be worth the OP sending a letter along the lines of...

I wish to exercise my right of erasure under data protection law.

I refer to images you have sent me of a vehicle which I am the registered keeper.

VRM: XXX XXX

You have generated these images as evidence that the above vehicle has entered a car park.

Your images clearly show the vehicle stopped on a public road OUTSIDE the car park.

Indeed, there is no sight of the car park in one image and only about a 6 inch strip in the other.

According to the Government Surveillance Camera Code of Practice and ICO Guidance, collecting and processing images in this manner is excessive and disproportionate.

I now require removal all images of VRM XXX XXX from your system.

I will also remind you that you must inform all third parties you have passed my data on to must be informed and instructed to also delete the data.

Could this make all their "evidence" disappear?

Thoughts guys?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...

I've started a new thread for your claim against Spring Parking for SAR distress.  There are two separate legal actions now.

Folks,

So, it's finally here.

I received an email (attached) on Friday afternoon notifying me of my court hearing date on December 21st. Time to get to work on preparing a solid defence for the day and with all the expert help and advice I can muster from everyone here, fingers-crossed we should achieve that.

In the meantime, any assistance towards providing a response to Friday's email notification would also be greatly appreciated. Part of its subject header states "...... Reply required within 4 working days of receipt".

The email also included two attached MS Word documents titled:

- Delegating Authority to Mediate

- What Happens at Mediation

Thank you.

2022-12-21 mediation service appointment.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing adjusted. HB

No, it's not the actual court case.  It's a mediation hearing.

Did you choose to mediate?  We normally advise not to.

OMG!!

Thanks for flagging this up @FTMDave.

No, absolutely not. I never opted for any mediation and I've even just verified this again on the submitted N180 Directions Questionnaire, a copy of which I'd have even posted here prior to submission.

Question A1: Do you agree to this case being referred to the Small Claims Mediation Service

My Response: No

Question C1: Do you agree that the small claims track is the appropriate track for the case?

My Response: Yes

Question D1: Do you consider that this claim is suitable for determination without a hearing, i.e. by a judge reading and considering the case papers, witness statements............

My Response: No

Is it possible that DCB could request that the case go for a mediation and the court then chooses to overrule my wish for no mediation,

simply because they can't be bothered or find it less of a drain on their human and material resources?

Attached, is a copy of the n180 Directions Questionnaire that I submitted. Kindly review and highlight if anything's out of place or not as expected.

I've taken out my personal details from page 1, but still retained the key information relating to my response.

Page 2-4 though remains 'as-is'.

defendants N180.pdf

You filled out the N180 perfectly.  The court have messed up.

I see there is an e-mail address  [email protected]  Simply e-mail them and say they have made a mistake, you did not agree to mediation.  Attach a copy of your N180.

Or if you have an hour to waste, send them your phone number, take part, and tell the mediator you will drop your ongoing court case against Spring Parking for distress caused by non-compliance with a SAR request if they will drop theirs, that is all you're prepared to negotiate on 🤣

• Haha 1

@FTMDavewell, as I'd be on my X'mas break by the 21st, I have no problem at all sparing an hour of my time 

to put those pests to bed once and for all.

Only question is, by agreeing to honour the appointment, doesn't that compromise my overall position then by

suggesting I do not wish to contest against the Claimant's demands, but would be willing to negotiate a plea

bargain over the claim amount?

No, not at all.  Failed mediation would mean nothing in the final court hearing.

@FTMDaveso basically, if I've interpreted what you're saying correctly, this would in summary describe your latter proposal:

1. I acknowledge and agree to the mediation appointment and in so doing, I implicitly agree to the court's 3 mediation requirement statements which are that:

• I am willing to negotiate on the amount of the claim and I will consider a compromise.
  • I have enough information about the claim to enter into negotiations and do not require any further evidence from the other party before starting mediation.
  • I’m available for the entire time slot on the date of my appointment.

2. At the mediation, I point out that I never agreed to a mediation on my N180 directions questionnaire in the first place and that this mediation appointment had been arranged in error by the court.

3. As a result of the court error and therefore under the present circumstances, I'm willing to offer the compromise of dropping my SAR non-compliance claim, if they agree to do likewise with theirs.

4. If the compromise offer is rejected, that essentially becomes a failed mediation and the court then have to arrange a date for a new hearing.

5. If the compromise offer is accepted, then the entire case is closed.

Would that be an accurate summary please?

Thanks

Yes - a perfect summary.

However, I originally suggested the the mutual dropping of cases as a joke.  Don't expect them to actually accept dropping a claim for nearly one and a half grand in exchange for one for £200.

If you do have an hour to waste, what your appearance would do would be to upset the opposition's apple cart. 

You can be sure that Spring Parking will be too stupid to appear themselves. 

They will get DCBL to do it for them and they won't have a clue about your claim (probably at that point judgement) against Spring Parking. 

This will lead to all sorts of confusion and annoyance amongst these two loads of spivs. 

But probably not much more.

Still, it's free, and a way to annoy them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

They will get DCBL to do it for them

they never do

local rep time.

don't think we've ever seen a DCB legal person ever appear in a courtroom...or am i dreaming...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@FTMDaveand @dx100ukthanks very much for your prompt feedback. I'm all for upsetting their apple cart and causing them as much grief and frustration to give them a taste of their own medicine and this erroneous N180 mediation appointment certainly provides me with the perfect opportunity which I'm eager to grab.

My only slight concern is that by agreeing to attend this appointment, would that not also suggest I've personally taken the decision to overlook the court clerical error and get the matter resolved through mediation?

Also, what would be my proof to confirm my original N180 questionnaire selection of not requiring mediation? Would the mediator have access to all those court documents on the day, would I have to obtain a copy from the court prior to the appointment, or would my personal copy suffice?

Finally, can the mediator and/or claimant argue that I had the opportunity and free will to notify the court of their N180 processing error to get the hearing cancelled/rescheduled, but failed to do so. As such, by agreeing to attend the hearing, I've made a conscious decision to have the matter resolved through mediation and no other alternative form of resolution. Could they throw in this as a plausible line of argument?

Just want to ensure there are no loose ends dangling before I submit my appointment response, but all of the above queries/concern really stem from the below bullet list on the court's mediation letter and the implication thereof.

• I am willing to negotiate on the amount of the claim and I will consider a compromise.
  • I have enough information about the claim to enter into negotiations and do not require any further evidence from the other party before starting mediation.

Don't worry, mediation fails all the time.

An offer to drop your case (actually probably a judgement by the end of December) in exchange for them dropping their case is an eminently fair offer.

The clerical error is up to the judge to decide on, it's out of your hands and nothing to do with you.

BTW, have you ever heard anything from the court about a decision on their Particulars of Claim?

12 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

BTW, have you ever heard anything from the court about a decision on their Particulars of Claim?

Nope, absolutely nothing.

The MCOL portal has also been dead quiet and had no update for weeks. This is despite the fact DCB Legal

emailed me those dodgy-looking N244 forms with the supposedly amended Particulars of Claim which had

those duplicate 16/02/2019 dates crossed out and replaced by some barely legible handwritten dates in red

pen.

If this was a truly amended claim form, surely the court should have sent me a copy of it right...................or is

it perfectly normal for a claimant to be the one who distributes critical court documents to a defendant, with

no input from the court itself?

Is it worth me calling up the court to establish the truth regarding that amended claim form, in other words if

any such amendment was submitted at all by DCB Legal?

cant hurt.

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would look bad for them if the amended claim form was a scare tactic and not submitted.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Morning All.

So, just to keep everyone in the loop and to clarify the next steps (unless anyone thinks otherwise) I will by

4pm today submit my response to the court, accepting to attend their mediation appointment on Dec 21st.

It is not anything to do with the court nor have you got to attend anywhere,

it would be a telephone call with the mediation service.... but as you will be saying no? as you have nothing to mediate over? It won't happen.??

thoughts people....

Dx

and they

I think as the OP has a day off on that day they just want to have a laugh at the fleecers' expense and waste their time and money - by offering to drop the SAR case (or more likely consent to set aside) if the fleecers drop their case too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, wishing you a Merry Christmas and hope you all have a wonderful festive celebration.

Just wanted to drop this brief reminder note that tomorrow’s my botched mediation appointment which I’ll be attending as previously discussed. I gather the appointment will be a 2-way phone conversation with the mediator.

Also, as per the previous conversation on this thread, I’ll be putting forward two main points.

1. That I don’t wish to proceed with the mediation as I never agreed to one in the first place, and that the appointment had been arranged erroneously.

2. I’d only be willing to proceed with tomorrow’s mediation on the grounds that if Spring Parking abandoned the claim entirely, I would reciprocate that gesture by also dropping my SAR negligence claim which by the way has now been formally served on Spring Parking by the court.

Any final thoughts on the above?