MET ANRP PCN - Burger King - overstay? site 997 BP Blue Boys Tonbridge, TN12 7HE. **CANCELLED BY BP**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

dx & BN are spot on.

However, you need to make sure your post is checked.  If further down the line you do get a Letter of Claim, if it's not answered you can be damn sure the fleecers will issue a county court claim form hoping to get judgement by default.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A LOC will come with a 30 day notice, and a pack to fill in and return, which you ignore and send a snotty letter back, If you do get a letter of Claim come back to the thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You will probably soon get a letter saying Final Demand. Do not for one minute think that will be the last you hear from them. Expect a procession of letters all headed "Final Demand". Their grasp of English [as well as the Laws relating to parking] are pretty poor. Just humour them -by totally ignoring them.  It does annoy them so you can get some pleasure from that.

Eventually they  will work out whether to either take matters further or ignore you. If the latter you could send them a post card after a few months asking why they have forsaken you.😆 Tell them it can hurt when in a pen pal relationship and one side stops writing. It is quite impolite.

Thank you all So much and haha I may do the post card depending on how it all pans out. Quite an unnecessary hassle all this though. I am slightly concerned that in the interim they may have erected far clearer signage and plan to use this later saying “see, it is clear that you can’t park there…”

So if the place is local to you go back and get photos of the signage.

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter today - see attached. I think this is also like the previous ones and NOT a letter of claim, correct? Today by chance I was driving past and went to take photos - the area I parked in was not covered by signage that was elsewhere, and I took photos. There’s no way the cameras could have known where I parked after entering. Could have been any of the areas not covered by signage! (And it was)

PAY NOW To speak to Payment Tel. No. the (247) collections team 0208 234 6775.pdf

One thing I’m concerned about:

what if I move home next year and they decide to send a LOC in, say, 3 years

- will they track wherever my car is registered and send letters to the new address or will I likely not receive it?

What happens in the latter case?

Also what happens if I sell my car before a LOC?

Debt Recovery Plus are an uninterested third party with no powers whatsoever.  Laugh at them & ignore them.

Well done on getting the photos.

To answer your question.  They would issue a county court claim form to the old address, you would know nothing about it, and after a fortnight you would lose the claim by default for not filing a defence.  Search "Backdoor CCJ" on the site and you will see that that has happened to a hell of a lot of people.  So conclusion - if you move send them a two-line letter with your new address and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office. 

Wonderful thank you! It’s truly shocking what these people with no powers are allowed to do, wording things in such a way as though they are the law of the land and no doubt terrifying most people into paying. Highwaymen!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

plenty of them here in threads.

look around and you'll SEE what they look like NOT have to GUESS.

predominantly CAG is self help. F18.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks - ok 👍

I’ve read the long thread and have the PAP reply form downloaded and ready to be filled once I get the LOC, which I assume is a given now in prob another months time or so.

At that point I’ll pop back to check I’ve done it correctly.

When it comes to stating the reason for my dispute, that would be lack of signage and the fact I went to Burger King to eat, I suppose?

Don't rush at this. If and when a LoC turns up, come back here and tell us. Then we'll help you to write a snotty letter that is unlikely to tell Met what your arguments are. That normally comes much later in the process.

If you have the time, it's best to read a variety of threads or you'll be in danger of being caught out by Met.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

But you never read post 6 of the letter of claim thread.  

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Read the 6th post in the loc thread now - thanks, will come back here if I get a LOC for support on writing a snotty letter. Been three months since I last heard from them though…

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed
  • Like 1

Well, the LOC arrived today from debt collection agency CST law. The top line message is "pay within the next 30 days or court action may commence".
Given it's a private "fine", might I ask for advice on what I should do next?

There is a part of me that is concerned they have "evidence" to genuinely back up their claim that their "client is satisfied that it has sufficient evidence to the support this claim"...

it is not a fine never can be.

and that letter of claim always says that...they lie and puff their chest out...

as i'm sure you've been reading up here in this down period as its part of cag to self help.

you should be aware your next move is a snotty letter.

dx

and they

Oh yes so it is. My snotty letter is thus:

Thanks for your Letter Before Claim. There is absolutely no point in you pursuing this and I suspect you know that. Your client’s invoice is total farce and there are a million reasons why it will never stand up in court. Your client can either stop this foolishness or I will look forward to thrashing them in court, and obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). Please stop wasting everybody’s time. COPIED TO MET Parking Services Ltd.

Sufficient? Or should I add all reasons why it's total farce, including photographic evidence of the location in question?

No as is you do not let on any of what they have done wrong, doing so allows them to find a way to lie  or undermine any defence if they did go to court. Its sufficient that they know you know their case is pants.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thats a bit short

wheres the rest of our typical one?

dx

and they

Well it is roughly the same as the one in the thread below post number 33, just without the Annex 1 FI Exempt Circumstances & Letter to SRA since they don't say anything about solicitors' costs in the LBF i received.

Dear Will & John,

Re: PCN no.XXXXX

cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in mirth at the idea you actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and cough up!

Now you know and I know and now you know that I know the million reasons why your client's invoice is total pants.

Annex 1.  FI.  Exempt Circumstances.  Get off your backsides and do some due diligence for once and look it up.

On top of that your greedy client has invented £70 Unicorn Food Tax and you've been telling porkies about solicitors' costs again.  Letter to the SRA in the post!

Your client can either stop this foolishness or I will look forward to thrashing them in court, obtaining an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spending it all on a nice foreign holiday while laughing at your client's expense. 

I look forward to your defeating silence.

COPIED TO PREMIER PARK LTD"