Flaws in Defence counterclaim Help

simeon1964
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you.

5 hours ago, simeon1964 said:

Late response from expert and waiting to hear if hearing will shift on Wednesday.

Which hearing?

Your two threads on this matter are around 800 posts long with numerous hearings and submissions.  We've already got mixed up once and mistaken a preliminary hearing for a final hearing.  People haven't got time to look back through pages & pages to see what stage you're at.  So what is supposed to happen on Wednesday?

5 hours ago, simeon1964 said:

He has brought a claim of £2,886.66 against me. Can I ask the court to dismiss his claim on wrongful filing of application? I once raised this at claimant's  stting-aside application and in my W/S. if so how do i make this effective?

Haven't got a clue.  You've never mentioned this new claim before.  How about, like, uploading the paperwork regarding this claim?  And what about, er, doing it for once without having to be asked?  To quote dx -

On 08/11/2022 at 18:53, dx100uk said:

and if you'd posted the whole lot up as one mass PDF as asked EVERYTIME YOU GET SOMETHING..we again would not have wasted time and numerous posts waiting to eventually see everything..

:frusty::frusty:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

4 hours ago, FTMDave said:

Haven't got a clue.  You've never mentioned this new claim before.  How about, like, uploading the paperwork regarding this claim?  And what about, er, doing it for once without having to be asked?  To quote dx -

Sorry if I am not clear,: Its the same claim but was filed wrongly.

I discovered that the W/S of the claimant on para,8 admits amount of total contract to be £6,880.00 and the total amount he received was £4,366.60 which I agreed. Leaving £2,351.40 if the work was completed. The claim he filed against me should have been £2,351.40 but filed £2,886.66

He has brought a claim of £2,886.66 against me.

Can I ask the court to dismiss his claim on wrongful filing of the  application?

I once raised this at claimant's setting-aside application and in my W/S.

if so how do i make this effective?

But surely this was dealt with at the set aside application.

He sued you originally but his claim was chucked out.  He tried to have it reinstated at set aside but the judge refused.

That should be it.  His claim is dead.

Or has there been a new development?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

11 minutes ago, simeon1964 said:

judgement reinstated?

what evidence have you of this ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I apologise for being sarcastic towards you before, but you really do not make it easy for people to help you.

Please, finally try to understand what is happening legally.

Initially there were two legal "fights" going on, the builder against you for around £2800 and your counterclaim towards the builder for around £16,500.

You won on both because the builder didn't comply with court directions.

Then at the set aside hearing the builder managed to reinstate the £16,500 counterclaim "fight" (see attached).

The builder's original around £2800 claim, is dead, buried, gone for ever.  There is no mention of it in the attachment.

If you are referring to -

8. Because extras were added the total of due was £6,880 of which I have only received
£4,366.60. I carried out all work save for the piling which I could not undertake.

then that is simply the builder describing the events from their point of view.

There is no claim for you for around £2800.  You won that part of the dispute.

CAg Order TenJan.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

he builder's original around £2800 claim, is dead, buried, gone for ever.  There is not mention of it in the attachment.

Thanks, don't have full understanding of this legal jargons sometimes, the claim was £2866.66 not £2,800.00.

Regarding the expert position on this, how do i move forward? he increase claim by £300

whomever , you?, raised the part 20 counterclaim needs to close it, discontinue it, whatever - thats the problem that the court is working on.

dont forget that claimant/defendant labels switch if the main claim is resolved but a counterclaim exists.

the raiser of the counterclaim then becomes the claimant, hence the confusion?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

10 hours ago, simeon1964 said:

Regarding the expert position on this, how do i move forward?

I'm not 100% sure, as there have been huge delays in this case, none of which you've updated us on, and you haven't explained what is happening on Wednesday.

However, after finding the court order (attached) from six pages back, it seems the last step before the hearing is to produce a Scott Schedule which is defined here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_schedule

11 hours ago, simeon1964 said:

the claim was £2866.66 not £2,800.00.

Yes, i know, that's why I wrote around £2800.

2022-08-11 courtletter - case allocated to fast track-hearing 2023-01-09.pdf

4 hours ago, FTMDave said:

I'm not 100% sure, as there have been huge delays in this case, none of which you'

Delay was from the expert and an attempt being  to postpone the hearing, but a word from the court yet.

This is all i got so far. Expert only moved £300.00

It's best you phone the court then tomorrow.  Best to be sure.

I thought you were going to ring the court just to make sure the hearing date is on Wednesday.

11 hours ago, FTMDave said:

I thought you were going to ring the court just to make sure the hearing date is on Wednesday.

Yes the case is going on tomorrow just spoke to the court. I am confused now. I need to be ready for now and prepare 

The builder's original claim against you is dead.  You won.  If his solicitor brings up the matter of his claim you just tell the judge that has already been the subject of litigation and the builder lost.

As for your counterclaim, take all the evidence you have to back up the £16,500 (more or less) figure and show it to the judge.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks