• Tweets

• Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar ... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.   Is this all there is? Its less than the Tory candidate. - shut up and smile while they get a camera angle that looks better
    • in order for us to help you we require the following information:- Which Court have you received the claim from ? Canterbury If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. ( Name of the Claimant ? Moneybarn No 1   How many defendant's  joint or self ? One Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 29/05/24 Acknowledged by 14/06/24  Defence by 29/06/24  Particulars of Claim PARTICULARS OF CLAIM   1.  By a Conditional Sale Agreement in writing made on 25th August 2022. Between the Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant let to the Defendant on Conditional Sale. A Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi (200 P S) 4x4 Wildtrack  Double Cab Pickup 3200cc (Sep.2015) Registration No, ******* Chassis number ***************** (“The Vehicle”).  A copy of the agreement is attached   2.  The price of the goods was £15,995.00.  The Initial Rental was £8500.00.  The total charge for credit was £3575.;17 And the balance of £11,070.17 was payable by 59 equal consecutive monthly instalments of £187 63. payable on the 25th of each month.   3.  The following were expressed conditions of the set agreement,   Clause 8: Our Right to End this Agreement  8.1   Subject to sending you the notice as required by law, any of the following events will entitle us to end this Agreement: 8.1.2  You fail to pay the advance payment (if any) or any of the payments as specified on the front page of this agreement or any other sum payable under this Agreement. 8.1.3 If any of the information you have given us before entering into this Agreement or during the term of this Agreement was false 8.1.4 We consider, acting reasonably, that the goods may be in jeopardy or that our rights in the goods may otherwise be prejudiced. 8.1.5 If you die 8.1.6 If a bankruptcy petition is presented against you; if you petition for your own bankruptcy, or make a live arrangement with your creditors or call a meeting of them. 8. 1.7 If in Scotland, you become insolvent or sequestration or a receiver, judicial factor or trustee to be appointed over any of your estate, or effects or suffer an arrestment, charge attachment or other diligence to be issued or levied on any of your estate or effects or suffer any exercise, or threatened exercise of landlords hype hypothec 8.1.8 If you are a partnership, you are dissolved 8.1.9 If the goods are destroyed, lost, stolen and/or treated by the insurer as a total loss in response to an insurance claim. 8.1.10 If we reasonably believe any payment made to us in respect of this Agreement is a proceed of crime. 8.1.11 If steps are taken by us to terminate any other agreement which you have entered into with us.   Clause 9.  Effect of Us Terminating Agreement   9.1 If this Agreement terminates under clause 8 the following will apply 9.1.1 Subject to the rights given to you by law, you will no longer be entitled to possession of the goods and must return them to us to an address as we may reasonably specify, (removing or commencing the removal of any cherished plates) together with a V5 registration certificate, both sets of keys and a service record book. If you are unable or unwilling to return the goods to us then we shall collect the goods and we'll charge you in accordance with clause 10.3 9.1.2 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you for all payments and all other sums do under this agreement at the date of termination 9.1.3 We will sell the goods or public sale at the earliest opportunity once the goods are in a reasonable condition which includes a return of the items listed in clause 7.1.4 9.1.4 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you of the rest of the Total Amount Payable under this agreement less: ( a) A rebate for early settlement ias required by law which will be calculated and notified to you at the time of payment (b) The proceeds of sale of the goods (if any) after deduction of all costs associated with finding you and/or the goods, recovery, refurbishment and repair. Insurance, storage, sale, agents fees, cherished plate removal, replacement keys, costs associated with obtaining service history for the goods and in relation to obtaining a duplicate V5 registration certificate   4, The following are particulars required by Civil Procedure Rules. Rule 7.9 as set out in 7.1 and 7.2 of the associated Practice Direction entitled Hire Purchase Claims:-   a)     The agreement is dated 25 August 2022. And is between Moneybarn No1 Limited  and xxxxxxxxx under agreement number 756050. b)    The claimant was one of the original parties to the agreement. c)    The agreement is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. d)    The goods claimed Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi ( 200 PS) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200 cc (Sep2015} Registration No ^^^^^^^ Chassis number ***************** e)     Thw total price of the goods £19570 f)     The paid up sum £1206 5 g)    The unpaid balance of the total price £7505 (to include charges) h)    A default notice was sent to the defendant on 20th February 2024 by Firrst class post i)      The date when the right to demand delivery of the goods accrued 14 March 2024 j)      The amount if any claimed as an alternative to delivery of the goods 7505 22 include charges ]= 5.  A the date of service of the notice the instalments were £562.89 in arrears. 6. By reason of the Termination of the Agreement by the notice, defendant became liable to pay the sum of £7502 7. The date of maturity the agreement is 24th August 2027. 8. Further or  alternative by reasons of  the Defendant breaches of the agreement by failing to pay the said instalments, the Defendant evinced an intention no longer to be bound by the Agreement and repudiated it by the said Notice the claimant accepted that repudiation 9. By reason of such repudiation the claimant has suffered loss and damage.   Total amount payable £19570 Less sum paid or in arrears by the date of repudiation £12064 97 Balance £7505 (to include charges.) ( The claimant will give credit if necessary for the value of the vehicle if recovered.)  The claimant therefore claims 1.    An order for delivery up of the vehicle 2.    The MoneyClaim to be adjourned generally with liberty to restore,  Upon restoration of the MoneyClaim following return or loss of the vehicle. the Claimant will ensure the pre action protocol for debt claims is followed. 3.    Pursuant to s 90 (1)  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. An order that the Claimant and/or its agents may enter any premises in which the vehicle is situated in order to recover the vehicle should it not be returned by the Defendant 4.    further or alternatively damages 5.    costs.   Statement of truth The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true. The Claimant understands that the proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes or causes to be made a false statement in the document for verified by statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I am duly Authorised by the Claimant to sign these Particulars of Claim signed Dated 17th of April 2024   What is the total value of the claim? 7502   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Never heard of this   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In a garage  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes  Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? n/a   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? They said sent but nor received   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? None seen   Why did you cease payments? Still Paying,   What was the date of your last payment? Yesterday  31st May 2024   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes on 12 Feb 2024   What you need to do now.   Can't scan, will do via another means as you cant have jpg
    • Now that is an interesting article which adds afew perspective that I hadn't thought significant - but on reflection of the perspectives offered ... Now Starmer is no Blair, however 'blairite he may be perceived, but the Tories aren't tories and aren't even remotely liberal   The fast 'unannounced and unexpected election call from sunack may well be explained by the opinion linked that he hoped reform would be unprepared and effectively call a chunk of Farages largely empty bluster - making him look even more of a prat, leave scope for attacks on shabby reform candidates and mimimise core vote losses to reform - while throwing the 'middle ground' (relative) tories TO THE DOGS - and with the added bonus of likely pacifying his missu' desire to jogg off to sunny cal tout suite somewhat   thumb in the air - I expect about 140ish tory seats, but can hope for under a hundred Reform - got to admit the outside possibility of 1, maybe 2 seats with about 8% of the vote - but unlikely. I think projections of over 10% of the vote for reform is nudged and paid for speculation - but possible with the expected massive drives from Russian, Chinese and far right social media bot and troll prods targeting the gullible.
    • Commentary June 2024 WWW.ELECTORALCALCULUS.CO.UK Interesting article about just how bad it could be for the Tories.  Also Tories could be hoping on Reform not having candidates in many seats, as they were not ready.  
    • Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EPS ANPR PCN - ignored LOC now Claimform - - 29 sec stay! - Shoulder of Mutton , Birmingham ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

taking on board the suggestions i have amended the WS as follows. Would like to know if section 11 requires more beefing up and also if i have the correct beavis reference in  what what is now 10.0 as per Nickyboy's suggestion 

IN THE COUNTY COURT                                         Claim No.: xxxxxxx

Between

EURO PARKING SERVICES LIMITED

(Claimant)

- and –

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Defendant)

WITNESS STATEMENT

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

1. I, xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxxx am the Defendant in this claim. I represent myself as a litigant in-person, with no formal legal training. Everything in the following statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

2. In my statement I shall refer to exhibits within the evidence section supplied in this bundle, referring to page and reference numbers where appropriate.

3. I was registered keeper of the vehicle in question in this case.

4. I received a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) Notice to Keeper (NTK) Issue date 23/02/2021. (Exhibit XX01). The PCN states: “ Contravention Reason: PARKING FOR PATRONS ONLY WHILST ON THE PREMISES. The PCN then goes on to state that the driver of the vehicle is liable to the Parking Charge. Following several months of a number of intimidating letters from the Claimant including mention of additional costs, debt collection, court proceedings, CCJs and effects on employment. I received an N1 Claim Form on 08/07/2022.

NO KEEPER LIABILITY

5. The Particulars of Claim do not clarify in what capacity they believe I am liable but state that the Defendant is “liable as the driver or keeper” of the vehicle. This appears to be “fishing” for liability.

5.1.  To transfer liability of the alleged debt from the driver to the keeper, in their PCN the Claimant must include the wording at Schedule 4 s9 [2][f] this "(if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met)" but they have not. That in itself makes it non-compliant.

INCORRECT PCN , PoFA schedule 4 Non-compliance

6. The PCN NTK  (exhibit XX-01)issued by is pursuing the driver/keeper under section 14  Section 4 of PoFA. The vehicle is not a hire car and so the PCN should have been issued under section 9 of schedule 4. The time identified for payment states 21 days  is provided for the driver/keeper to make the requested payment. The required time period provided for payment should be 28 days. The PCN is non compliant with the requirements under PoFA

LOCUS STANDI

7. The Order for Parking Management Services between Euro parking Services (hereby known as EPS) and The Shoulder of Mutton Pub dated 02/07/22 with a defined period of 4 years thus covering the date of the alleged offence. (exhibit XX-02).

7.1. Definition of "Relevant contract” from PoFA 2 [1] means a contract (including a contract arising only when the vehicle was parked on the relevant land) between the driver and a person who is— (a)the owner or occupier of the land; or (b) authorized, under or by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land, to enter into a contract with the driver requiring the payment of parking charges in respect of the parking of the vehicle on the land. In the contract the Claimant is unable to distinguish whether the client is the land owner, the legal occupier or the managing agent.  The Claimant is put to strict proof of the person/company who signed as the client and whether or not they are the landowner, and if not the landowner then the Claimant is put to strict proof that the signee had permission to sign on behalf of land owner

7.2. According to Companies Act 2006, Section 44, a contract to be valid requires a director from each company to sign and then two independent witnesses must confirm those signatures.

7.2.1. The fact that no witness signatures are present means the deed has not been validly executed. Therefore, there can be no valid contract established between Euro Parking Services and the motorist in any event.

7.2.2  The names and positions and signatures on the Order for Parking Management services, for both the “client” and EPS, have been redacted.  The Claimant is put to strict proof of who actually signed the document and that they are directors of the client company and EPS.

7.3.  The contract is governed by the law of England and Wales so is unlawful since it contains a notification that extra charges of £60 can be charged.  This is contrary to Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012

GRACE PERIOD

8.0  The order for parking management services (exhibit XX-02) defines a free stay period, against which it states that non patrons have a grace period of 5 minutes, and that parking charges will only apply if that term is breached.  Therefore, even if a valid contract existed (which it does not), no breach would have occurred as the EPS PCN identifies the time period of the alleged breach to be 29 seconds.

8.1  The government Code of Practice, set up under the Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019, allows (Table B.1) a 5-minute consideration period while the motorist reads the signs and decides if they wish to accept the contract offered and park. The Code is currently subject to legal challenge regarding (a) the amount of parking charges and (b) the addition of debt collecting costs.  The rest of the Code is not under any legal challenge, including the consideration period.

8.2  The Claimant is a member of the British Parking Association, whose Code of Practice states (para 13): "The driver must have the chance to consider the Terms and Conditions before entering into the ‘parking contract’ with you. If, having had that opportunity, the driver decides not to park but chooses to leave the car park, you must provide them with a reasonable consideration period to leave, before the driver can be bound by your parking contract. The amount of time in these instances will vary dependant on site size and type but it must be a minimum of 5 minutes".

8.3  The Claimant is also a member of the International Parking Community who in their Code of Practice states (para 13.1) "Motorists must be allowed a sufficient Consideration Period so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to enter or remain on the Private Land" which common sense suggests should be longer than a ridiculous 29 seconds.

8.4  Even if none of the four documents above existed, a breach of 29 seconds would be legally "de minimis".

ILLEGAL SIGNAGE

9.0 After receiving the claim form I subsequently submitted my CPR 31.14 request, in which I requested copies of the claimant's planning permission granted for car park signage etc  under the Town and Country Planning Act 2007. That proof was not provided with the claimant simply stating that it could be provided if required. Surely if the claimant had such permission there is no reason not to supply the information requested, other than to avoid exposing that no such permission exists.  The Claimant is put to strict proof that such planning consent for the site in question.

9.1. After checking Sandwell Councill’s website for details of planning permission, I have found out that there is NO planning permission granted for car park signage or ANPR/CCTV for the Shoulder of Mutton Pub therefore making them illegal as lack of planning permission is a criminal offence under the Road Traffic Acts 1962 and 1991 and no contract can be performed where criminality is concerned.

9.2.  The Claimant is supposed to comply with the law and the IPC Code of Conduct and they have done neither.  The new government Private Parking Code of Practice draws attention as well to s14.1 [g]  "g) responsibility for obtaining relevant consents e.g. planning or advertising consents relating to signs."

INADEQUATE SIGNAGE

10.0 The claimant has provided prints of the car park signage rather than actual pictures. These images provide no real context or picture of what the motorist actually sees when approaching the land in question.

The Claimant claims accreditation by both The IPC and The BPA, so compliance with both Codes of practice is required to form any contract. Parking Eye Ltd vs Beavis (2015) UKSC 67
The signage is not complaint with the requirements of the IPC and BPA Codes of Practice both in respect to placement and visibility both in daylight or after dark. 

The IPC Code of Practice:
Part E Schedule 1:
"Signs should, where practicable, be placed at the entrance to a site."
"If parking enforcement takes place outside of daylight hours you should ensure that signs are illuminated or there is sufficient other lighting."

The BPA Code of Practice:
Appendix B, "Mandatory entrance signs"
"A standard form of entrance sign must be placed at the entrance to the parking area."
"Signs should be readable and understandable at all times, including during the hours of darkness or at dusk if and when parking enforcement activity takes place at those times."

10.1  I have provided photos which show the reality for the motorist (exhibit XX_04) when approaching along the Birmingham Road from the direction of the Market PlaceTraffic island (as the driver did). The photos clearly show a total absence of entrance signage breaching both IPC and BPA codes of practice requirements identified in 9.1. There is no indication to on approaching from that this is private parking land, and therefor the driver did not know the terms or restrictions at the time they committed themselves to enter the car park.

10.2 I Use the terms “entrance” and “car park” loosely. As well as an absence of entry signage, there is no boundary fencing or barriers that would indicate the land belonged to the Shoulder of Mutton Pub or the café , nor were there any clearly marked spaces to identify it as a car park and not simple hard standing. With an absence of appropriate signage at the entrance, no obvious perimeter fencing or clearly marked spaces, to the casual observer (and/or  a stranger to the area ) it is unclear that this is a private car park. It is also unclear to which business (if any) that the land belongs to (see exhibit XX-05).

10.3  Additional signage and lighting around the car park is also inadequate. Placing a small number of signs where they are difficult to spot shows that EPS Parking's objective is not to sensibly manage a car park, but rather to find excuses to send out as many of their PCNs as possible.

10.4 At the time of the incident 6:18pm and it was dark. Any signs present were not clearly visible due poor placement and lack of lighting. Signs 1, 2 and 3 indicated on the site plan (exhibit XX-06) were  too far away from the position of the to be clearly visible. Those signs were not illuminated in any way, there was no direct lighting on them , and no  indirect lighting on the car park. Lighting from adjacent buildings does not sufficiently illuminate the areas where these signs are placed.

10.5. The large “patrons only” sign is mounted on an external wall of the pub. As well as not being visible when approaching from the direction from Market Place island it’s placement on the wall makes it difficult for the driver to see from within the car depending on the vehicles position on the car park.  From the picture (Exhibit XX-07) you can see that the lower edge of this sign is approximately 8 feet from ground level. The car in question stopped parallel to this sign at a distance of around 10 feet away and this sign was not visible to the driver from inside the car due to the height at which it was mounted

10.6.  The vehicle parked on the site in question because they needed to access a cashpoint and spotted the adjacent Barclay’s bank ATM as they drove towards it. The driver had to reason to not abide by parking rules, and they would have followed what was written on any sign - but there were no entrance signs for the driver to see, nor were any other signs visible before entering the site from their direction of travel.

ABUSE OF PROCESS

10. The Claimant seeks recovery of the original £100 parking charge plus an additional £60 described as “contractual costs and interest” or debt collection costs”. No further justification or breakdown has been provided as required under Civil Procedure Rule 16.4.

10.1. PoFA Schedule 4, paragraph 4(5) states that “The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper is the amount specified in the notice to keeper” which in this case is £100.

10.2. Unless the Claimant can clearly demonstrate how these alleged additional costs have been incurred this would appear to be an attempt at double recovery

10.3. Previous parking charge cases have found that the parking charge itself is at a level to include the costs of recovery ie: Parking Eye Ltd vs Beavis (2015) UKSC 67 which is the authority for recovery of the parking charge itself and no more, since that sum (£85) was held to already incorporate the costs of an automated private parking business model and the Supreme Court Judges held that a parking firm not in possession cannot plead any part of their case in damages. It is indisputable that an alleged “parking charge” penalty is a sum which the Supreme Court found is already inflated to more than comfortably cover all costs. The case provides a finding of fact by way of precedent, that the £85 (or up to a Trade Body ceiling of £100 depending on the parking firm) covers the costs of the letters. Since 2019, many County Courts have considered claims in excess of £100 to be an abuse of process leading to them being struck out ab initio. An example, in the Caernarfon Court in VCS v Davies, case No. FTQZ4W28 on 4th September 2019, District Judge Jones-Evans stated ''Upon it being recorded that District Judge Jones-Evans has over a very significant period of time warned advocates [...] in many cases of this nature before this court that their claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme Court v Beavis which inter alia decided that a figure of £160 as a global sum claimed in this case would be a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and therefore unenforceable in law and if the practice continued, he would treat all cases as a claim for £160 and therefore a penalty and unenforceable in law it is hereby declared [...] the claim is struck out and declared to be wholly without merit and an abuse of process.''

10.4. In Claim numbers F0DP806M and F0DP201T, Britannia vs Crosby the courts went further in a landmark judgement in November 2019 which followed several parking charge claims being struck out in the area overseen by His Honour Judge Iain Hamilton  Douglas Hughes GC, the Designated Civil Judge for Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight & Wiltshire. District Judge Taylor echoed earlier General Judgment or Orders of District Judge Grand, stating ''It is ordered that the claim is struck out as an abuse of process. The claim contains a substantial charge additional to the parking charge which it is alleged the Defendant contracted to pay. This additional charge is not recoverable under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4 nor with reference to the judgment in Parking Eye v Beavis. It is an abuse of process from the Claimant to issue a knowingly inflated claim for an additional sum which it is not entitled to recover. This order has been made by the court of its own initiative without a hearing pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998...''

CONCLUSION

11.0 EPS have failed to comply with numerous requirements of both IPC and BPA codes of practice and associated legislation. Their failure to provide adequate and appropriate placed signage to warn of the parking restrictions is clearly intended to entrap the unsuspecting motorist and extract as much money from them as possible rather than to efficiently manage and control the parking on the site for the client.  

11.1 court claim for a stay of 29 seconds, is contrary to numerous Codes of Practice and even the Claimant's own contract with the landowner, and is clearly vexatious".

11.2 I invite the Court to dismiss this Claim in its entirety, and to award my costs of preparation for this hearing, such as are allowable pursuant to CPR 27.14 (see Section 04 – Schedule of Costs).

STATEMENT OF TRUTH

I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.

Beavis reference...

Parking Eye Ltd vs Beavis (2015) UKSC 67

Judgment, para 111:

"And, while the Code of Practice is not a contractual document, it is in practice binding on the operator since its existence and observance is a condition of his ability to obtain details of the registered keeper from the DVLA."

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

And how about...

11.1 court claim for a stay of 29 seconds which is contrary to numerous Codes of Practice and even the Claimant's own contract with the landowner, is clearly vexatious and "de minimis".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Nicky Bot yes ill add the diminis wording to the conclusion

i was also thinking the beavis reference could go in the conclusion as well as section 10 , 

something like "The ability of EPS to obtain details of the driver of a vehicle and recover charges is conditional on compliance with IPC and BPA codes of conduct Reference Parking Eye Ltd vs Beavis (2015) UKSC 67 Judgment, para 111:"And, while the Code of Practice is not a contractual document, it is in practice binding on the operator since its existence and observance is a condition of his ability to obtain details of the registered keeper from the DVLA." EPS have failed in this obligation and are therefor rendered unable to pursue the driver for charges... (or something along these lines

what do you think ?

Not sure about repeating stuff in a WS.

Although, I can see the argument that it might help to hammer the point home.

See what the others think...

not really worth it

just look at a few on here there are 100's 

as long as you get the top few bits in the correct forum

and your statement correct at the end

the bit in between simple need to be numbered in order

and then a list of ALL your exhibits

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The WS looks absolutely superb.

Your section 11 is short, hard hitting and makes it clear why you should be awarded extra costs.

If the fleecers have any sense they will discontinue, especially with this extra costs threat, but you never know, their greed might push them to hang on to the bone till the bitter end.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Its brilliandt, they wil have great difficulty countering that. 11 just re-emphasises they are being vexatious for 29 seconds.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you everyone for the input it's been really helpful.

for the bundle i have my index page  , WS, then exhibits in order (which includes the PCN/NTK) , all pages numbered from page 1 for index through to the last exhibit.

Do l need to sign and date the WS ?

Is there anything else i need to include?

sorry if these seem obvious questions  just don't want to get anything wrong at this stage 

That's absolutely fine.

Yes, you have to sign the WS,.

Do you have a court date and dater to file the WS by yet?

No problem at all.

E-mail the court their copy.

Send the fleecers theirs by 1st class post and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office, so you have proof you respected the court order.

Personally I'd wait till the very last minute, that way if the fleecers are late with their WS you can include a para about you respecting court orders while the charlatans do not, and request any late WS from them not be admitted as evidence.  On the other hand, if the fleecers' WS does show up, it gives you a chance to demolish it in your WS.  Win win.

Yes email it in then the Court have a copy, as FTMDave says as long as you post it First Class with free proof of posting before the deadline to fleecer's all should be OK.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

copy of witness statement and evidence e mailed today to the county court business centre. Copy sent to the fleecers by 1st class post today so they should not receive that until tomorrow at some time , maybe even later with all of the strikes and weather related travel disruption 

copy of witness statement and evidence e mailed today to the county court business centre

Is that where it stated to file/return it? ...normally your Local County Court ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

there is an address listed for postal returns ,

the only e mail address listed anywhere on the notice of allocations to small claims track (hearing) in the paperwork specifically for northampton is an enquiries e mail, would i send it to that one ?

[email protected]

excuse the type o's

[email protected]

will check again now

No, it's not.

Andy is right.

When you got the order with the WS deadline, it should have been from a local court.  Again, you will have written the name of your local court on the top of the WS.

Google that court, get the e-mail address, and send the WS there.

Make sure you put the claim number and the names of the two parties in the subject field, and click on "Return Receipt".

FTMDave,  accepting that the business centre address is incorrect i looked for an alternative. The only e mail address for northampton county court anywhere online, court website etc  is the one listed in the last 2 posts above  [email protected] which is where i have sent now e mailed to

i included claim number and claimant and defendant details both in the subject box and in the body of the e mail