• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said on Friday it does not expect AstraZeneca's COVID-19 antibody cocktail Evusheld to...

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Agree with Donald Rumsfeld

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns"

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

lets add some more probably now knowns until next variant then

WWW.CIDRAP.UMN.EDU

The BQ.1.1 and XBB SARS-CoV-2 subvariants evade monoclonal antibodies but not the antiviral drugs remdesivir, molnupiravir, and Paxlovid.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

After that we need the people in 'government' who signed off on this sacked for incompetence (at least)

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

We need a criminal investigation into the whole show, the PPE and the Track And Trace done on an Excel 97 spreadheeet, cost millions.

• I agree 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thats £Billions @BN £BILLIONS - of which the majority appears to have been populist pals profits, and another big chunk just wasted through negligence. All on the taxpayer credit card at a time of increasing interest rates.

'the party of fiscal competence' - LOL

- more like Party of criminal corruption, grift and graft 'masked as the 'lessor' crimes of criminal negligence and rank incompetence

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

21 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

We need a criminal investigation into the whole show, the PPE and the Track And Trace done on an Excel 97 spreadheeet, cost millions.

Although it would likely be as entirely ineffective (other than a very watered down greywash) as met corruption and Johnsons' (and his ministers) blatant on record lying and corruption or 'misleading parliament' as they already try to greywash it.

The Tory Legacy

a more 'forthcoming' presentation on the medpro issue than HB's

So IMO it looks suspiciously like it could be fraud if the claims are true, with the guv not even checking their pals presented 'professional' credentials

With Mone also 'forgetting she had a stake in the company which otherwise 'just gave her 28 million quid for no reason with regard to declaring interests

Stripped of peerage and prosecuted comes to my mind. With the guv bleating that 'they were victims' as an excuse  ...

BBCGOSSIP.COM

The UK government has accused a company linked to the Conservative peer Michelle Mone of supplying defective gowns that could have...

The Tory Legacy

Alleged anti-vaxxer training video and rumored precursor of GBNews

- Brass Eye reporting 'cake' scare (the drug not Johnson).

Includes MPs and 'personalities and some questionable and bad language.

The Tory Legacy

oops - worked and works for me

maybe because I was proxied when dropped link in - but it was a UK

This better?

NOTE: May not work for connections with source outside UK

Alleged anti-vaxxer training video and rumored precursor of GBNews

- Brass Eye reporting 'cake' scare (the drug not Johnson).

Includes MPs and 'personalities and some questionable and bad language.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Here you are Mr Jugg, put your money where your keyboard finger is
All you have to do is prove the diagnostic prowess of your Israeli watches and your a millionaire 

I think it is telling that nobody in the world accepted my offer to bet $1M that the vaccines killed more people than they saved. Not even the drug companies were willing to risk money on this.

In short, nobody in the entire world is willing to put their money where their mouth is when it comes to their statements on vaccine safety and efficacy.”

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/an-open-letter-to-the-british-heart

Edited by theoldrouge

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

So why cant he or you offer some real proof to contradict the REAL facts?

Who are you going to believe

Leading authorities on medical science,

or some nut spouting self-contradicting drivel on social media?

As Malaysia's health service and scientists add to

USA

UK

Germany

Israel

In analysing reported 'possible adverse events'

Malaysia has so far seen 20,131 reports of side effects for over 44.8 million doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine Comirnaty - 0.045 per cent of the 44.8 million doses given

Of these 0.045%, the vast the majority or 94.2 per cent involves cases which are not serious, temporary and not raising any potential of risk to the health listing commonly reported side-effects as including fever, pain at the injection site, headache, muscle ache and fatigue.

Of those remaining,  "Dr Noor Hisham said only one case of myocarditis or inflammation of heart muscles had the possibility of being related to the Comirnaty vaccine."

One possible episode of some non-trivial inflammation in 44.8 million doses

WWW.MALAYMAIL.COM

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 1 — Malaysia has so far seen 20,131 reports of side effects for over 44.8 million doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine Comirnaty...

The Tory Legacy

And here lies the problem 
(and once again it’s the Wall Street Journal reporting)

The White House Covid Censorship Machine

Newly released emails show how officials coerce social-media companies to toe the government line.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-covid-censorship-machine-social-media-facebook-meta-executive-rob-flaherty-free-speech-google-11673203704

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

And here’s an example of what went on 

Pfizer board member Scott Gottlieb leaned on Twitter to censor tweets which argued against vaccine passports and claimed natural immunity was stronger than the shot, latest Twitter files dump reveals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11616745/Pfizer-board-member-leaned-Twitter-censor-tweet-arguing-natural-immunity-vaccination.html

Back to the concept of is taking down covid (or any) lies which might deceive some people into harmful decisions censorship, or NOT?

and as I've already posted links to studies which show vaccination gives better protection for longer than natural infection

(no surprises as its also the case with traditional flu vaccines)

... YOUR repeatedly posting already disproven covid lies doesn't make the lies true, It just makes the posts serial lies

.. and those posts worse than worthless to anyone of sense

BUT, in the interests of clarity and honesty, Heres another QUALITY study (not from reporting some nut blog)

"More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated."

- Jesse Bloom, Allison Greaney, and their team at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

DIRECTORSBLOG.NIH.GOV

A key issue as we move closer to ending the pandemic is determining more precisely how long people exposed to SARS-CoV-2, the COVID-19 virus...

So:

Who are you going to believe

Leading authorities on medical science,

or some nut spouting self-contradicting anti-vax drivel on social media?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

and

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines-myth-versus-fact

MYTH: If I’ve already had COVID-19, I don’t need a vaccine.

FACT: Evidence continues to indicate that getting a COVID-19 vaccine is the best protection against getting COVID-19, whether you have already had COVID-19 or not.

• A study published in August 2021 indicates that if you had COVID-19 before and are not vaccinated, your risk of getting reinfected is more than two times higher than for those who were infected and got vaccinated.
  • While evidence suggests there is some level of immunity for those who previously had COVID, it is not known how long you are protected from getting COVID-19 again. Plus, the level of immunity provided by the vaccines after having COVID-19 is higher than the level of immunity for those who had COVID but were not subsequently vaccinated.
  • Getting vaccinated provides greater protection to others since the vaccine helps reduce the spread of COVID-19.

HUB.JHU.EDU

The best protection against COVID-19? Getting vaccinated, not waiting for illness to create natural immunity, says infectious disease expert Anna...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

As usual you have ignored the crucial sentences in that Daily Mail article 

Besides being former FDA commissioner, a CNBC contributor, and a prominent voice on Covid public policy, Gottlieb was a senior board member at Pfizer, which depended on mRNA jabs for almost half its $81 billion in sales in 2021. Pfizer paid Gottlieb $365,000 for his work that year.’

Half its sales? Of course the narrative must be protected at all costs 

anti-vaxxer posts on a forum:

'Incredible vaccine fraud, 1,741 victims. Read attached link

Someone posts a follow up:

I read the content of the link - seems to be just some largely irrational and incoherent lunatic ramblings which are obviously not true?

Anti-Vaxxer Posts:

'Incredible vaccine fraud, 1,742 victims. Read attached link

The Tory Legacy

On 30/12/2022 at 09:34, theoldrouge said:

As the AZ vaccine has been quietly dropped ( Macron was right all along on that one😀)as it stands it is the utterly experimental mRNA vaccine that I am against 
I have had the traditional flu vaccine but until the mRNA technology is proven I will not be having any vaccine that involves that technology 

Meanwhile the latest form Andrew Bridgen MP (on any other subject the MSM would be all over his tweets)

Now the BMJ’s Journal of Medical Ethics confirm vaccine causes more harm than benefit to younger people. The roll out must be suspended and children must not be put at risk through these experimental mRNA treatments. https://jme.bmj.com/content/early/2022/12/05/jme-2022-108449

So, withdrawing your support of this claim  lie of Bridgens yet?

As well as the reputable refutes, Need the Mail to tell you as well how false it is even if in a Mail whooly sheepish way?

"prestigious medical journal slams Tory MP Andrew Bridgen for peddling 'misleading' claims about Covid vaccines being 'harmful' to kids"

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Andrew Bridgen, who represents North West Leicestershire, tweeted about an essay in a publication affiliated to the prestigious British Medical...

mail seems to agree with what I said

Its an essay submitted to a dean, NOT the opinion of the journal or the BMA, and in FACT the essay was critisised by senior staff of the journal and members of the BMA over its content.

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Here's George Monbiot on the NHS.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

During my time at a local hospital, I witnessed the devastation of 13 years of government underfunding of emergency care, says Guardian columnist...

Illegitimi non carborundum

"Bridgen has long claimed that COVID vaccines are dangerous and backed misinformation theories related to the coronavirus pandemic"

"Posting unfounded conspiracy theories from sources known to propagate misinformation on the matter"

WWW.TIMESOFISRAEL.COM

Vaccine conspiracist Andrew Bridgen is suspended pending probe into tweet suggesting that vaccine program is 'biggest crime against...

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks