• Tweets

• This is a ridiculous situation.  The lender has made so many stupid errors of judgement.  I refuse to bow down and willingly 'pay' for their mistakes.  I really want to put this behind me and move on.  I can't yet. 
    • Peter McCormack says he has secured a 15-year lease on the club's Bedford ground.View the full article
    • ae - i have no funds to appoint lawyers.   My point about most caggers getting lost is simply due to so many layers of legal issues that is bound to confuse.  
    • Lenders have a legal obligation to sell the property for the best price they can get. If they feel the offer is low they won't sell it, because it's likely the borrower will say the same.   Yes.  But every interested buyer was offering within a range - based on local market sales evidence.  Shelter site says a lender is not allowed to wait for the market to improve. Why serve a dilapidations notice? If it's in the terms of the lease to maintain the property to a good standard, then serve an S146 notice instead as it's a clear breach of the lease.   The dilapidations notice was a legal first step.  Freeholders have to give time to leaseholders to remedy.  Lender lawyers advised the property was going to be sold and the new buyer would undertake the work.  Their missive came shortly before contracts were given to buyer.  The buyer lawyer and freehold lawyers were then in contact.  The issue of dilapidations remedy was discussed..  But then lender reneged.  There was a few months where neither I nor freeholders were sure what was going on.  Then suddenly demolition works started.   Before one issues a s146 one has to issue a LBA.  That is eventually what happened. ...legal battle took 3y to resolve. Again, order them to revert it as they didn't have permission to do the works, or else serve an S146 notice for breach of the lease   A s146 was served.  It took 3y but the parties came to a settlement.   (They couldn't revert as they had ripped out irreplaceable historical features). The lease has already been extended once so they have no right to another extension. It seems pretty easy to just get the lawyer to say no and stick by those terms as the law is on your side there.  That's not the case   One can ask for another extension.  In this instance the freeholders eventually agreed with a proviso for the receiver not to serve another. You wouldn't vary a lease through a lease extension.  Correct.  But receiver lawyer was an idiot.   He made so many errors.  No idea why the receiver instructed him?  He used to work for lender lawyers. I belatedly discovered he was sacked for dishonesty and fined a huge sum by the sra  (though kept his licence).  He eventually joined another firm and the receiver bizarrely chose him to handle the extension.  Again he messed up - which is why the matter still hasn't been properly concluded.   In reality, its quite clear the lender/ receiver were just trying to overwhelm me (as trustee and leaseholder) with work (and costs) due to so many legal  issues.  Also they tried to twist things (as lawyers sometimes do).  They tried to create a situation where the freeholders would get a wasted costs order - the intent was to bankrupt the freeholders so they could grab the fh that way.   That didn't happen.  They are still trying though.  They owe the freeholders legal costs (s60) and are refusing to pay.  They are trying to get the freeholders to refer the matter to the tribunal - simply to incur more costs (the freeholders don't want and cant's afford to incur)  Enfranchisement isn't something that can be "voided", it's in the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 that leaseholders have the right to.... The property does not qualify under 67 Act.  Their notice was invalid and voided. B petition was struck out. So this is dealt with then.  That action was dealt with yes.   But they then issued a new claim out of a different random court - which I'm still dealing with alone.  This is where I have issues with my old lawyer. He failed to read important legal docs  (which I kept emailing and asking if he was dealing with) and  also didn't deal with something crucial I pointed out.  This lawyer had the lender in a corner and he did not act. Evidence shows lender and receiver strategy had been ....  Redact and scan said evidence up for others to look at?   I could.  But the evidence is clear cut.  Receiver email to lender and lender lawyer: "our strategy for many months  has been for ceo to get the property".  A lender is not allowed to influence the receivership.   They clearly were.  And the law firm were complicit.  The same firm representing the lender and the ceo in his personal capacity - conflict of interest?   I  also have evidence of the lender trying to pay a buyer to walk.  I was never supposed to know about this.  But I was given copies of messages from the receiver "I need to see you face to face, these things are best not put in writing".  No need to divulge all here.  But in hindsight it's clear the lender/ receiver tried - via 2 meetings - to get rid of this buyer (pay large £s) to clear the path for the ceo.   One thing I need to clarify - if a receiver tells a lender to do - or not to do - something should the lender comply? 
    • Why ask for advice if you think it's too complex for the forum members to understand? You'd be better engaging a lawyer. Make sure he has understood all the implications. Stick with his advice. If it doesn't conform to your preconceived opinion then pause and consider whether maybe he's right.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone *get* the air bridge scheme that ministers want? To me, it just looks like smoke and mirrors.

They want Brits to be able to go on holiday, presumably the focus groups have mentioned this. Has any of this bunch considered whether other countries will want an air bridge when the rate of cases and fatalities isn't looking terribly smart?

If I was in a European government that has a low number of cases, I'd be thinking very carefully about letting people in from certain countries. The US press were saying this morning that other countries aren't keen on people from Russia, Brazil and the US. It might not take much for us to be on the same list.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jun/23/uk-ministers-talks-create-air-bridges-european-countries-italy-spain-holidays

Illegitimi non carborundum

a little dated now, but the real issues rather than Johnson jibberish

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/can-british-holidaymakers-travel-to-eu-this-summer/

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

As I understand it it's the R number that the UK is looking at. The reason that the Government has only recently put in the 2 week quarantine rule is that it wasn't worth doing when our R number was above 1. Now it's hovering below that the UK will consider airbridge deals with nations whose R number is lower, though I doubt other countries will want them if the UK's rate is higher. So I can't see too many airbridge agreements anytime soon.

so how do you actually assess the R number when testing of the  population is avoided?

especially when in addition to that, what selected stats are presented simply dont add up

(no pun intended)

oh - and that when even the fudged stats start to look bad - they simply stop presenting them

The R number presented by the UK gov pretenders would appear to be the R number mostly; but not exclusively; for symptomatic people

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

correction

significantly symptomatic people ...

The Tory Legacy

I'll leave the R number discussion to you guys. TJ, it does make me think of Trump's genius solution the other day that if they don't test, they won't have as many cases.

This is an interesting comparison between the way the UK and Germany handled the epidemic. When the Paris area and eastern France had huge numbers of cases, Germany had sufficient beds available to take some patients.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/24/germany-coronavirus-britain-health-spending-test-trace

• Thanks 1

Some might think it 'Britain Bashing'

but its isn't.

As stated in the article

"In the summer of 1908, David Lloyd George did what Rishi Sunak should also do as soon as he is able. He went to Germany to discover in detail how they did it. In Lloyd George’s case, the purpose was to find out about Germany’s social welfare system. This was to provide the underpinning of his thinking for what became the “people’s budget” of 1909. Britain’s welfare state

– the lasting foundation stone of progressive politics in this country to this day – owes its origins to a government that was humble enough to learn from others. More than a century on, Johnson’s government lacks any equivalent understanding."

Johnson blusters something immaterial will be 'world beating

Others get on with examining whats needed and doing whats necessary, something Johnson and populists in general are simply incapable of.

The Tory Legacy

Regarding the R number, when you look at what is being avoided JUST in 'untested 14 day lockdowns (who would largely only be tested if they end up ill enough to be rushed to hospital) is that the R number quoted by the gov is a minimum that they could half arguably claim 'thats all they know and what the (selected) stats were telling them

... at best

... even without fiddled stats.

The Tory Legacy

24 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

If you mean a posted home test, the results aren't always conclusive.

Maybe, maybe not but that's irrelevant to the consideration of when people can get tersted. I'm just correcting the misleading statement that ''Regarding the R number, when you look at what is being avoided JUST in 'untested 14 day lockdowns (who would largely only be tested if they end up ill enough to be rushed to hospital)'' which is factually incorrect.

Anyone with symptoms can get tested  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

Is that clear enough for you?

1 hour ago, cjcregg said:

Maybe, maybe not but that's irrelevant to the consideration of when people can get tersted. I'm just correcting the misleading statement that ''Regarding the R number, when you look at what is being avoided JUST in 'untested 14 day lockdowns (who would largely only be tested if they end up ill enough to be rushed to hospital)'' which is factually incorrect.

Anyone with symptoms can get tested  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

Is that clear enough for you?

My statement is entirely factually correct.

YOU seem to be completely missing/avoiding the simple fact (as made) that lockdown is whether you are symptomatic or not

... with guestimates ranging from 50-80% and beyond for infected people being asymptomatic

So how can you even START to confirm the R number when you AREN'T testing the people that confirmed infected people are coming into contact with unless they get symptoms and those are considered 'valid' symptoms?

Let alone anyone the contacts come into contact with?

Is that clear enough for YOU?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person

"You should not arrange for testing unless you develop symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). The most important symptoms are: a new continuous cough, a high temperature, a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)."

https://patient.info/news-and-features/covid-19-who-can-get-tested-for-coronavirus-under-the-new-uk-guidance

😕

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

In another short form

as they are LARGELY only testing REPORTED symptomatic people for actually having the infection and NOT testing asymptomatic contacts

... despite locking down asymptomatic people with no tests whether they have it or not, let alone their contacts

.. and undoubtedly people walking around asymptomatic and mild symptomatic (covid or hay fever or cold) infected but undeclared

They are actually getting

R-0 (Covid.symptomatic -> Covid.symptomatic)

NOT

R-0 (Covid.transmission)

a subset of the subset they are starting with.

Is THAT clear enough for YOU?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

This was forseeable. Beaches on the south coast are over-run.

Is this what happens when you come out of lockdown without a plan and without easily understood guidelines. Telling the public to just use their common sense means it's the public's fault when it goes wrong, rather than the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/major-incident-declared-as-people-flock-to-england-south-coast

10 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Is this what happens when you come out of lockdown without a plan and without easily understood guidelines. 

Yeah I mean being told you can't meet in groups of over 6 and must remain 2 metres from others is awfully difficult to understand. As are the established criminal offences of illegal overnight camping, littering and fighting. I struggle to get my head around that myself.

It's quite clearly a government messaging issue and public are entirely blameless.  

6 hours ago, cjcregg said:

messaging issue and public are entirely blameless.  

mmm

The Tory Legacy

Nope, the public are being idiot. Even pre pandemic going to Bournemouth is a vision of hellish 2 hour jams, zero parking, zero shade . Anyone who would actually think it’s a better idea than their own back garden or local park has something loose up there .

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I think a lot of people saw Demonic Cummings and others blatently flout the rules and thought 'If they can do it so can I'.  Scientific types who did the wrong thing at least had the good grace to resign.

IMO the safety message has been lost because ministers and at least one SpAd didn't lead by example when they made the rules.

44 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I think a lot of people saw Demonic Cummings and others blatently flout the rules and thought 'If they can do it so can I'.  Scientific types who did the wrong thing at least had the good grace to resign.

You had said that the guidelines were not easily understood. You're now saying that they did understand the rules but knowingly broke them because Cummings did.

Either way there is no acceptable reason to abdicate social responsibility during a pandemic. How can there be?

13 hours ago, cjcregg said:

Yeah I mean being told you can't meet in groups of over 6 and must remain 2 metres from others is awfully difficult to understand. As are the established criminal offences of illegal overnight camping, littering and fighting. I struggle to get my head around that myself.

It's quite clearly a government messaging issue and public are entirely blameless.  

3 hours ago, cjcregg said:

If there's one thing that the pandemic (should have) taught us is the importance of collective responsibility. Blaming the absence of it on the Government is singularly pathetic.

mmm

So which do you actually mean, personal interpretations of sarcasm aside

.. Let alone that the Government is leading by BAD example whatever they say and demand of others ..

If Cummings is the Tory patron saint of lockdown rules with what he did, as praised by Johnson and Jenrick if not the UK's top nurse ...

.. are those beach lovers in the wrong because

They DON'T believe they are infected?

Perhaps simply haven't travelled far enough?

or is it just because they are not travelling to second and third homes?

Perhaps once infected, they can return to work etc and become a Cummings hero

Still waiting for your apology for your misrepresenting my statements on the R number for starters, or at least an acknowledgement that you somehow misinterpreted what I said?

We'll work our way through the rest.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

48 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

You had said that the guidelines were not easily understood. You're now saying that they did understand the rules but knowingly broke them because Cummings did.

Either way there is no acceptable reason to abdicate social responsibility during a pandemic. How can there be?

Try living in Rural North Wales, technically  many have to break lockdown to go shopping as shops over 5 miles away, yes Wales still has 5 mile from home limit, but they are allowed to do so to go shopping but not to cycle further as exercise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

40 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I don't see how 'Stay Alert' is easily understood, maybe I'm missing something.

Yes you are missing something, in fact almost everything - the actual substance of the guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing

think this along with all the other examples of actually praising Cummings actions is far clearer

and this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-dominic-cummings-cases-deaths/

and so many more

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks