CapQuest/drydens PAP LOC - old Cap1 Card debt

Americanmuscle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was paying off an old debt they bought

wrote to them almost 18 months ago informing them of my then circumstance (serious road accident off work for 28 months with no income)

my repayments to them ceased due to lack of money but never heard anything from them in responce.

I returned to work in April of this year and with mortgage arrears etc completely forgot about the CQ debt,

a week ago I received a letter from them informing me of 'Notification of Account Transfer to New Agency'  (new agency being Drydensfairfax Solicitors), it states.

We are writing to let you know that the management of your account has been transferred to Drydensfairfax Solicitors'

On Aug 18 I received a letter from Drydensfairfax informing me who they are and that I have until Aug 23 to pay the full amount outstanding or to contact them.

Today I received another letter from CQ stating they have been unable to contact me to discuss my account so will shortly be instructing Resolvecall LTD to visit my property, if they do not hear from me by Aug 30 Resolvecalll will be instructed to visit my property without further notice.

Seems a very strange way to conduct business by passing an account to a solicitor then gearing up to insturct a doorstep caller to visit a property!

Thats why you really have to disregard it all because they dont really know what they are  doing and try to think of the best way to intimidate you to call them..

File it all away and ignore.....but come back if you receive a Letter before claim or Pre Action Protocol pack.

Andy 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

what the debt please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send crapest a cca reqr

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I have received further communication from Drydensfairfax....

This is a letter of claim sent to you in accordance with the pre-action protocol for debt claims.It is imprtant that you read and understand the contents of this letter and its attachments.We are instructed by our client in relation to the above debt.If you do not provide proposals to repay this debt or respond as otherwise detailed in this letter and its attachments,legal proceedings may be issued against you in the county court yada yada yada.

On their payment offer sheet it states 'you have received this notice because a business intends to take you to court in relation to a debt,this notice tells you what to do next,including how to avoid court action.Please read it carefully'

As I was paying them £5 a month before I ran out of funds to continue I think I will write to them and tell them I can start paying the £5 a month again, or they can have a £500 one off full and final payment. (balance is £3800, obviously they didnt pay that hen they bought the debt)

did they ever reply to the CCA request?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to CapQuest/drydens PAP LOC - old Cap1 Card debt

send a new one then

dx

and they

just do it please.

stop doing the DCA's job for them

always put them to strict proof unless its wirhin the last 24mts.

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a CCA request to Drydensfairfax ( as Capquest told me they have handed my account to them), received a letter from Drydens today....

Please be advised your account has been placed on temporary hold while we contact our client with details of your query.

We are returning your cheque for £1 as this is no longer required.

We will inform you of the outcome as soon as a responce is received from our client.

Do they mean the £1 fee no longer needs to be paid and the CCA request is free or.....

no that's why the guide clear states you send it to the debt owner - the solicitors stated client.

and they

• 2 months later...

Today after 2 & half months I received a letter from Capquest,it says....

'We continue to progress your query and are currently awaiting a response from Capital One'

Is there a time limit on them supplying the information requested,or do I just wait and see what they come up with?

that's where the 12+2 working days limit plays its part if you are paying - you can stop!

as long as you are not paying, then no..

how unsurprising:lol:

must be busy getting fake paperwork together from their filing cabinet and inserting your details using cut n paste......

and they

• 2 months later...
On 02/12/2019 at 18:44, Americanmuscle said:

Today after 2 & half months I received a letter from Capquest,it says....

'We continue to progress your query and are currently awaiting a response from Capital One'

Is there a time limit on them supplying the information requested,or do I just wait and see what they come up with?

Have you heard back from your creditors, DCA or the 'solicitors' about your CCA request?

Rgds.

radmm0

My experience with Capquest is that they won’t do a damn thing. Even if they come up with the CCA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 9 months later...

today I received a letter from Drydensfairfax and if ever there was proof needed they are useless then this letter covers it!

Your requested document(s) are available, we have received the documentation you requested for your account.

Due to the Covid-19 situation we are unable to send hard copy documentation to you at this time.

We can provide you with this information via out customer portal, simply register and log onto you account etc etc....

Unfortunately our client has been unable to provide a copy of the Credit Agreement at present.

🤔

it was a ploy to get your email address

should have ignored them.

now they can harass you for free.

dx

and they

sorry it read that was what you found after logging in.

well done..

dx

and they