CPP Warwick University with Staff Permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Been a while since i was last here, but i hope someone can advise.

My employer, Warwick University, has recently built a new car park which has ANPR control. I pay a monthly fee for a permit to park in it (and any other car park on site). The online staff system allows us to have four vehicles registered on the system, but we have to identify which vehicle we use on any given day.

I have fallen foul of this rule by taking my wife's car to work for one day (when i DID change the active vehicle), then switched back to mine and forgot to change the active vehicle back.

I have now received a charge notice from CPP.

I have a couple of questions:-

1. As i have paid for a permit for the right to park there, is this system enforceable? That is - i HAVE paid, just used a different car!

2. Can someone remind me of the time limits for ANPR PCNs to be issued? The event was 29/7/19 and the notice was issued on 1/8/19. Is this too soon under POFA? Did they get my details from my employer rather than DVLA, i wonder?

NB: I can provide evidence that the active vehicle was elsewhere that day, so am not using the same permit twice.

Thanks in advance.

PS The signage says "Staff Permit Holders Only", and there are plenty of them, so i wouldn't consider challenging on this point.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 minute ago, lookinforinfo said:

Do you have to show your permit when you park and were you showing it on the day you got the ticket.

I need to show the permit when i am parked in the non-ANPR car parks, but i don't believe it requires me to display it in this one. But yes, I was - i have copies in both cars.

Thanks

I doubt the uni owns the land to even sign up CPP

most uni's don't.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

speak to your estates manager and explain that as the employer issued the permit that gives you a licence to park regardless of the order you bring your vehicles in to work as it permits ONE vehicle at a time and the idea of informing anyone about swapping cars is just a convenience for the ANPR system and doesnt change the licence/contract and thus they should get CPP to cancel.

i would also be interested to see the terms and conditions that were notified to you before you purchased the permit as they may well disallow CPP from having your details without your express permission thus making all ANPR capture a breach of the GDPR as it cant differentiate between permit holders and others without this vital permission

Thanks EB.

I have spoken to Head of Security, who is in charge of the scheme from the University side, and i work closely with.

He has told me to bring in two forms of proof that i have paid (i.e. my pay slip, as it is deducted as a salary sacrifice, and a screenshot of the permit i hold for that vehicle), and he will be able to cancel it.

Will report back with updates, but i wonder how many suckers have paid the charge when presented with it, given that it is probably not enforceable!

Cheers all.

yes

and they

you have paid your employer to park so you are entitled to regardless of the scheme dreamt up by CPP so you go route 1 ro get the demand cancelled.

Ultimately your employer will be the ones culpable for breach of contract, not CPP as they, in this instance are merely agents.

Now the charging for parking raises some interesting questions about how the money is defined in the uni accounts as it is liable for corporation tax and kills the uni's VAT exemption status.

I wuld be getting your union to ask some questiosn about this.

We managed to bat off all attempts to create such a scheme in the uni of London but the end result was not great as the london authorities created such burdens for staff parking the uni just renst it all out to rich local residents to dump their cars there for 6 months at a time whilst they are back home in the middle east except fo those spaces kept for key staff like the  most senior administrators