buildings insurance company OCASO making my life hell after flooding.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a buildings insurance company that has bullied me knowing I am unwell and suffering for post-concussion syndrome and due to spending time in my flooded damp accommodation  I now have chest pain and breathing problems etc. In addition, I have a disability and they refuse to make adjustments.

The flood has ruined my entire property, and I am not at fault it was the neighbours above me and I have evidence that it was deliberate.  They have put me in hotel accommodation and in that hotel Accommodation I have been bullied and the insurance company refused to remove me to a different accommodation for a few weeks. They have said I had to deal with the complaints in the hotel.

However, because the insurance book through a third party booking.com I had to complain to them and they said because I didn’t pay for the booking that I have no right to complain.

There were delays checking into a different hotel and service room apartment. They know I have heavy  luggage they wouldn’t pay for the travel to and from the accommodation. And it has injured my shoulder by pulling my heavy luggage. They told me to pay for my accommodation. I refused but that meant calling out of hours loss adjuster and using my telephone to resolve the booking that I had been instructed had been booked previously but the made an error on the booking.

In the end the service room apartment started the bulling me and then when I complained they said they will not book me in a room again and neither would booking.com.

The insurance company instructed me to find own accommodation I have 14 days to find my own work men. In addition, they refuse to answer the phone to me and communicate with me.  

As it stands, they have refused to accommodate me and have not started the drying out, I had no choice but to go back to my flooded accommodation and have become unwell because it has black mould and back water which has affected my health.

I have been in and out of hospital due to, living in this damp condition. They have said find your own accommodation and you have to pay the money for it and we will decide if we want to pay you.

Therefore, I got another company in involved propertyallclaims  and the surveyor said they will help and instruct the insurance company to do the works. 

They now have turned against me.  The surveyor has told me that he will sort this out, the office of all propertyclaims  told me to find accommodation. 

They now are saying I have to book it and that the insurance company will pay for whatever I want. 

In addition, the surveyor has said he will not make additional adjustments for my disability, he does not care about any acts either and the insurance company does not want to talk to me.  

I showed him the black water in his first visit I sent the video through what’s apps. He noted this. I told him I am ill for staying in the flat.  

He has delayed the accommodation because he said I have to remove all the content’s in my property. I have found out evidence that they removed all contents from another property. But won’t give me the same treatment . This is racism. 

The surveyor has said he wants to revisit the property however I said to email, what he wants to discuss before he visit’s the property with another person and to make reasonable adjustments to the emails. 

He said if I end the contract then he will sue me and he has been quite nasty in his communication towards me.

Therefore, I text that I will go for settlement and he blocked me on the what’s app and will not talk to me. 

I am aware the insurance company and all property claims want to make money. I am aware that I have to find my own builder’s but I don’t what these companies to black list my name and speak untrue words about my person to company I get quotes from. 

What should a do this is just a brief summary of events.

Can you help ?

Please will you tell us who the insurer is
is it your policy?
Please tell us how the damage occurred
try to give this reasonable detail in a bullet pointed chronology so that we understand what the situation is. You have very substantially about the effect on you but you haven't really told us very much about the cause

I have a buildings insurance company OCASO that has bullied me knowing I am unwell and suffering for post-concussion syndrome and due to spending time in my flooded damp accommodation  I now have chest pain and breathing problems etc. In addition, I have a disability and they refuse to make adjustments.

The flood has ruined my entire property, and I am not at fault it was the neighbours above me and I have evidence that it was deliberate.  They have put me in hotel accommodation and in that hotel Accommodation I have been bullied and the insurance company refused to remove me to a different accommodation for a few weeks. They have said I had to deal with the complaints in the hotel.

However, because the insurance book through a third party booking.com I had to complain to them and they said because I didn’t pay for the booking that I have no right to complain.

There were delays checking into a different hotel and service room apartment. They know I have heavy  luggage they wouldn’t pay for the travel to and from the accommodation. And it has injured my shoulder by pulling my heavy luggage. They told me to pay for my accommodation. I refused but that meant calling out of hours loss adjuster and using my telephone to resolve the booking that I had been instructed had been booked previously but the made an error on the booking.

In the end the service room apartment started the bulling me and then when I complained they said they will not book me in a room again and neither would booking.com.

The insurance company instructed me to find own accommodation I have 14 days to find my own work men. In addition, they refuse to answer the phone to me and communicate with me.  

As it stands, they have refused to accommodate me and have not started the drying out, I had no choice but to go back to my flooded accommodation and have become unwell because it has black mould and back water which has affected my health.

I have been in and out of hospital due to, living in this damp condition. They have said find your own accommodation and you have to pay the money for it and we will decide if we want to pay you.

Therefore, I got another company in involved propertyallclaims  and the surveyor said they will help and instruct the insurance company to do the works. 

They now have turned against me.  The surveyor has told me that he will sort this out, the office of all propertyclaims  told me to find accommodation. 

They now are saying I have to book it and that the insurance company will pay for whatever I want. 

In addition, the surveyor has said he will not make additional adjustments for my disability, he does not care about any acts either and the insurance company does not want to talk to me.  

I showed him the black water in his first visit I sent the video through what’s apps. He noted this. I told him I am ill for staying in the flat.  

He has delayed the accommodation because he said I have to remove all the content’s in my property. I have found out evidence that they removed all contents from another property. But won’t give me the same treatment . This is racism. 

The surveyor has said he wants to revisit the property however I said to email, what he wants to discuss before he visit’s the property with another person and to make reasonable adjustments to the emails. 

He said if I end the contract then he will sue me and he has been quite nasty in his communication towards me.

Therefore, I text that I will go for settlement and he blocked me on the what’s app and will not talk to me. 

I am aware the insurance company and all property claims want to make money. I am aware that I have to find my own builder’s but I don’t what these companies to black list my name and speak untrue words about my person to company I get quotes from. 

What should a do this is just a brief summary of events.

The damage occurred by the neighbour above the pipes in the property bursted under there sink . I took photo's and they showed me evidence 

The building insurance company is Ocaso 

It will take a bit of time to do this due to my illness and disability 

• dx100uk changed the title to buildings insurance company OCASO making my life hell after flooding.

topic title updated for clarity

moved to the insurance forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

try and keep things clear in your mind about what you want from both this forum adn also from the insurers/builders etc. making accusations of discrimination just muddy the water and will probaly cause the contributuions to go off at a tangent from what you actually need as far as advice goes.

So I will kick off and ask have the nsurers or surveyors given you any timescale for getting te works done. Have you found a copmpany to take the work on?

Also, as you ahve employed an agency to do the chasing have things become clearer? what about booking your own accommodationa dn telling them abut it so they foot the bill, have they agreed to your choice?