PCM Windscreen PCN claimform - Sailsbury village - REsidential Permit fallen on Floor **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so have you read the judges open ended parking contracts as per one of the court reports on the parking prankster's blogspot? Also have you looked up who owns the land as it isnt usual for Bovis to hang on to it. you can ask the council when you ask about the planning permission for the parking signage

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

so have you read the judges open ended parking contracts as per one of the court reports on the parking prankster's blogspot? Also have you looked up who owns the land as it isnt usual for Bovis to hang on to it. you can ask the council when you ask about the planning permission for the parking signage

Can't find the judgement about open ended parking contract,

Found out from council that road is still unadopted but the property which the vehicle was parked in front of, is not owned by Bovis Homes - not sure if this counts, as Bovis could still own the road or if frontage applies

Edited by apahtan
clearer wording

so it is likely that Bovis will pass on road to council at some point in furure.

you need to reread the pranksters blogspot for the last 3 years at least. It is there somewhere. then you can copy and quote it. Time spent reading all those blogs will not be wasted, you will leanr a lot more than you will from me!

Won the case!

No solicitor for the claimant came, Judge asked us to explain our case (I brought a friend who I thought would be my lay representative, but Judge said they could only be a Mackenzie friend)

Argued over following points:

1. Prohibitive sign - although I dont think I explained myself clearly and Judge didn't seem too convinced by it
  2. Misleading signage - Judge didn't accept our argument of "within windscreen", but was convinced by logo and Unfair Contracts 2008 regs
  3. Locus Standi - argued they breached their contract because said sign didnt follow contract documentation
  4. Conduct - made point that no record of LBA or NtK received - WS from Gladdys mentioned an NtK

Judge also said this charge was a penalty and they were familiar with Beavis case but not PCM v Bull

Also, the fact that it was a residential road, the Judge disagreed that any services were provided by PCM

Funny thing happened when it came to asking for costs, Judge said that it might not be the end of the issue and to take the dismissal of the claim, still asked for travel costs and they seemed peeved off.

Was a bit put off by that.

Well done, and well done for sticking to your guns.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Still a great result, another PPC loses money chasing what they weren't entitled to in the first place.  Nice One.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to PCM Windscreen PCN claimform - Sailsbury village - REsidential Permit fallen on Floor **WON**

In short, I think we had some luck on our side. If anyone is reading this for their own claim you need to put a LOT of research time in. It took me at least a good 20 -30 hours overall reading, editing, copy/pasting and trying to understand the arguments. It wouldve been a lot easier if I had done this in a more organised fashion. I went into this without knowing a lot. 

Personally I think the stuff I presented was confusing and didn't follow a nice, logical format and was not succinct. That's mainly down to doing it last minute - so avoid that at all costs!

Finally, thanks to all your help guys. To be completely honest, I think the £60 fine at the start would have been cheaper when considering the time cost and stress of the process, and I know many, if not all on this forum would disagree with me (since we are all here to fight these extortionists). The PPCs have used the legal system to make this process lengthy, (stress-inducing for those not in the know) and full of uncertainty and for them it is a numbers game, which unfortunately continues to net them lots of money.

Fine?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

consider this, If you didnt fight it why would the parking co stop at £60? They would soon ramp the amount demanded up to say £200 or whatever the amount most people would pay up without a fight.

Consider how much this has cost them, Gladstone dont work for free even thtough they are the IPC in another frock. they have wasted money on letters, dca threats, the DVLA access charge etc, all in all they have probably spent a lot more than £60.

As you now have proof that they had no claim you can also sue them for breach of the DPA/GDPR for obtaining (and more importantly processing) your keeper deatils without reasonable cause and that is worth 3500 to you if you fancy it.

What I would do is send CPM a letter saying they should now pay your wasted time costs of say £60 ( it seems to be their favourite number) or you will sue them  for that and the £500 for the breach of the DPA as per VCS v Phillip, Liverpool CC Dec 2016. Copy of letter to Galdstones to let them know that their  poor advice andpractices is what really lost their client money

Ericsbrother's suggestion has merit, bite the would be biter back.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!