Halfords Mis-sold Service Plan?

gpar3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m looking for some advice on a recent issue I have had with Halfords with regards to a road bike.

This had started with a dispute over the quality of work done as part of a service plan,

eventually resolved by taking to an independent bike repair shop.

Ultimately, I accepted a refund of the cost of the additional work required,

but informed them that I was still unhappy with various other issues they were unwilling to resolve.

I was informed that a manager would call 4 times,

which never transpired,

though I believe the whole issue would have been resolved if they had taken the time to talk.

The advice I’m now after is with regards to the service plan as some of the documented responses from Halfords have quoted that certain work is not covered by the Service Plan

– none of the exclusions were ever outlined to me as the plan was provided as an apology for the pedal falling off when first purchased in 2014 and was renewed as a “3 year service plan” in 2015.

Checking in-store, there is no clear advertising of inclusions by means of leaflets or boards.

my first query is

was the plan I was given ever fit for purpose for my bike and as such has it been mis-sold?

Secondly, as part of the independent service I required the headset to be replaced.

Checking the service document for my 2016 check, the headset was included.

On the latest 2017 outline (eventually located online) the headset is only covered on a Gold Service.

the second query is should I have been informed by Halfords of what seems like a change in terms and conditions of what is covered under the service plan?

All advice greatly appreciated

this is an insurance policy unless you get to take the bike in for a service at set intervals and they then do whatever is in their list and advise about anything else.

Your contract is the one you accepted unless they notified you INDIVIDUALLY about any changes and offered you the opportunity to then end the contract.

Having new terms on a website doesnt fulfil that requirement

the new terms are not valid and you have the right to terminate and get a consideration for the unexpired term left refunded.

So, pay say £90 for 3 years then you get a change of terms atfer 2 years you are entitled to £30 back.

• 1 month later...