Sub Contractor Claimform - But i paid main Contractor Already!!

kamit9999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

After long time I am updating this.

I had interviewed under caution by police and they saying my voice is same under recording. Police saying other his staff member will provide witness statement as well as I mispresent and provide card details.

Police officer forcing me to pay him money and it will all go away and he is willing to take his case back.

Officer saying case is stronger on his side. Please help me

I am surprised by “Police officer forcing me to pay him money and it will all go away and he is willing to take his case back” as IF an offence was committed, it doesn’t stop having been committed by repaying money.

(That isn’t me saying YOU did commit an offence, just that for SOMEONE who had, repaying it wouldn’t prevent a prosecution!)

You had legal representation at the interview under caution : have you let them know? What have they said about the offer to “take the case back”?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When a dodgy builder rips off a customer by doing poor and unsafe work, and never finishing the work but 'taking the money and running', the police don't spend their time chasing him down, charging him and prosecuting him.

Also, that voice recording must be subject to a voice analysis investigation by a forensic expert in order to establish whether it's your voice or not.

When is the trial of this civil claim against you brought by this builder?

Haunter

I'm stuck with everything even I paid him

can I take him to court on later date for unfinished work..

and any other ground as at moment situation is against me.

I called police today he says he will hold until Monday if I make him payment

I am surprised by “Police officer forcing me to pay him money and it will all go away and he is willing to take his case back” as IF an offence was committed, it doesn’t stop having been committed by repaying money.

(That isn’t me saying YOU did commit an offence, just that for SOMEONE who had, repaying it wouldn’t prevent a prosecution!)

You had legal representation at the interview under caution : have you let them know? What have they said about the offer to “take the case back”?

Basically I'm stuck with everything even I paid him can I take him to court on later date for unfinished work..and any other ground as at moment situation is against me.

I called police today he says he will hold until Monday if I make him payment

There is just no helping some people.

Yes he is police man and he took my intereview under caution in police station. He did record all CD's and it was proper. So no doubt about it.

Basically, at moment everything against me and he said to me on phone call that if i make payment to him sub contractor willing to take everything back and there will be no proceeding against me.

Now, my question is if i make payment to him can i claim on later date for work he did not complete he left electrical cable open or anything.

Guys i have to think about my little one as completely dependent on me and as well my wife.

Police officer also mentioned me that he only care about payment i recieved email from sub contractor confirming if i make him payment he is willing to take everything back.

Thanks

I can only reiterate : if they believe you have already committed an offence regarding fraud:

a) repaying the money isn’t the action of an innocent person

b) repaying the money won’t stop them prosecuting.

It is only advice and you don’t have to take it.

You also don’t have to answer about if you’ve taken that further advice from your legal representative, and (if so) what that advice was.

I’m just not convinced that paying (again!) improves your situation with regard to either the civil OR the criminal issue.

Having reiterated that : I’m out.