build your credit rating up for free

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am with helifax and even tho i have got my charges back, my rating was poor so i needed to build it up, i had an idea, so to test it i asked for an overdraft and got a flat "no2 with a curled lip.....so i started to pay my wages in as usual and though, what would happen if i withdrew it from the barclays opposit and put it BACK into my account straight away, so i did and did so for the nest 16 weeks, it was all my money, just basically paid my dosh in twice, then went in after the 16 weeks and reaplied for an overdraft, they said as i had doubled the money going thru my account, (even tho it was withdrawn once and paid in twice) i was offered a £500 overdraft, which i have refused cos i am just building my rating up, so a few more months of this and it will be better, so there you go, a simple way to do it

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Haha, nice technique! I have often wondered if doing this would allow you to open one of those accounts where they insist you pay in at least £2500 a month or so. Just by double-depositing your wages :)

LOL!! I must confess I'd never thought of this method! "You learn summat new everyday"!!

I guess this could well work with First Direct when their new "£10 penalty for not paying in £1500 per month (unless you can afford a Deposit Account as well)" begins next year.

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Ha ha. Very good. Will have to try this one.

27th October: Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request

8th November: Letter received from HSBC - Statements to follow

9th November: Bank statements arrive

12th January: Preliminary Approach for Repayment

22nd January: Letter received from HSBC - they will be looking into matters raised

30th January: Letter Before Action sent

24th February: Letter received from HSBC (dated 6th February) offering £240

28th February: Claim issued via Money Claim Online for £326.28 (including 8% interest)

1st March: Letter to HSBC declining offer

5th March: Notice that Acknowledgement of Service has been filed

29th March: Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

25th April: Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track

15th June: Court Bundle sent to Court

25th June: Offer received from DG Sols.

i have done this in the past, basically rinsing money through a variety of accounts, banks all use statisical analysis and one of their major indicators is the amount of money deposited monthly.

It can get you better rates, more offers etc and i have to recommend it, and with internet banking and moving money reasonably quickly (and maybe even quicker in near future) then it is a pretty easy technique.

I think this may work with whichever bank it is (First Direct I think) which is introducing the £10 charge for anyone with less than £1500 going through the account. If you are paid £1000, you withdraw it, you pay it back in, you then have £2000 going through the account. Even better in that it costs them to put the useless transactions through anyway.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I guess that all this just goes to prove that whatever wheeze the banks etc can dream up to make life difficult for their customers, there's always an antidote too!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Yep this does work have seen it before but the title of this thread is wrong, this does nothing for your credit rating, only for the rating of your bank account as seen by your bank. Nothing more. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

But surely if the result is that you get an overdraft which you would otherwise not have been able to, this will improve your credit rating as all borrowings are shown on your credit report. You could then withdraw and pay in even more, ask for a higher overdraft etc. etc.

It has no effect whatsoever on your credit score. What it does effect is your behavioural score. This is used internally within most banks when you request other products from them.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

• 3 weeks later...

Just come across this thread, WHAT IF?

You had 2 bank accounts with an overdraft of say £500 each and you just swapped the cash to each account once a month this would be classed as credit, wouldn't it? so therefore it would improve your RATING.

OR,

If you could manage to get 2 small loans for say £500 each for 12 months and pay each monthly payment with the other one etc (find the lowest flat rate you can) could this be a cheap way to improve your credit rating?

:confused:

Just come across this thread, WHAT IF?

You had 2 bank accounts with an overdraft of say £500 each and you just swapped the cash to each account once a month this would be classed as credit, wouldn't it? so therefore it would improve your RATING.

OR,

If you could manage to get 2 small loans for say £500 each for 12 months and pay each monthly payment with the other one etc (find the lowest flat rate you can) could this be a cheap way to improve your credit rating?

:confused:

as the person said before- your first idea would only improve your rating with a particular organisation. and to your second point- if you can get a low rated loan then you should not need to improve your credit rating!!!

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

As far as I am aware, banks currently don't report on your bank accounts to the CRA's unless you default. However HSBC has indicated that it is going to start doing this as "it is their duty as a responsible lender to insure you do not get into to much debt"

Just some guy. I try to help, but all advice is my opinion.

Pff, and how precisely will that 'help' you stay out of debt? HSBC are eejits.

All the money owed on overdrafts, etc will be visable to anyone doing a credit search.

I'm fairly sure thats the case already

Nope, that's why people can have multiple cheque accounts with large overdrafts as the banks don't currently share this info with the CRA or each other.

My Equifax record has the current balance of my accounts with HSBC and Halifax and Alliance & Leicester, including overdraft amounts

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358

2nd November - Accepted as partial payment and LBA

27th November - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

My Equifax record has the current balance of my accounts with HSBC and Halifax and Alliance & Leicester, including overdraft amounts

My accounts don't show up. That means some banks do and others don't. Have you agreed to them sharing your data?

Have you agreed to them sharing your data?

It's in the standard terms and conditions

HSBC

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3078

24th October - LBA

7th November - Claim filed

11th November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Defence filed

16th December 2006 - Offered full amount but no default removal. Rejection letter sent.

Halifax

7th October 2006 - Prelim for £3427

24th October - LBA

3rd November - Offered £913

3rd November - Accepted as partial payment

7th November - Claim issued

21st November - Acknowledged with intent to defend

11th December - Offered full amount but no late payment removal

4th January - SETTLED + removed adverse credit info

A & L

19th October - Prelim for £540

26th October - Offered £358