Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So it could be that those strange Lincolnshire and other farming area votes for Brexit,

:madgrin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Boston voted in very high numbers to leave, however there is no way that UKIP would be able to take us out in an orderly fashion.

LOL

probably better than May ...

He'd just revoke and say FO

May is looking like the EU will just end up saying FO

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?”

Farage, Feb 2024 talking smack about the Peninsula town

.. before he decided he wanted their votes

Strong and stable ROFL

Lets come up with some more realistic version

Wrong and unconscionable

Wrong and sanctionable

Wrong and Reproachable

Wrong and Regrettable

Wrong and Refutable

Wrong and risible

perhaps even wrong and ropable

How about

Strained and Defiable

I think strained and unconscionable is most appropriate so far.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I think this is so so true

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/britain-lacking-no-brainer-political-leader-to-vote-for-since-tony-blair-focus-group-finds_uk_590a08cce4b05c3976854f53?utm_hp_ref=uk

Britain Lacking ‘No-Brainer’ Political Leader To Vote For Since Tony Blair, Focus Group Finds

Now I know that some immediately might bristle up at Blairs name - BUT I bet he is one of the very few who has a real chance of turning Labours collapse around and winning these elections.

despite his faults I'd vote for him above ALL the other options.

The Tory Legacy

Has anyone considered that Mayssolini has played her cards well. Now the Kippers are finished after these local council results. She is well aware their share of the vote will migrate to the tories in marginal labour Constituencies?. After all the tories have adopted all the kippers previous policies and are now nothing more than Bluekip

If lessons have been learnt through past errors of judgement and really putting out a visionary way forward, speeding up the implementation of technology to improves lives, very low cost energy, sustainable living. State pension at 60:madgrin: all that together you're in!!

Corbyn confirms what I've said all along

Jeremy Corbyn Says He Won't Quit Even If He Loses The General Election

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/the-sound-of-leamington-spa?utm_term=.hiGYQzPL&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=The%2BSnap&subid=19389892&CMP=snap_election_briefing#.muQEMJ4V

and I think thats a few words too many/ Should be

Jeremy Corbyn Says He Won't Quit no matter what.

The Tory Legacy

have a nice cave he can hide in am sure he not be missed :p

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Be it Corbyn remains as leader is not up to him.

That is up to the Labour party members and NEC.

The labour party is not run by a personality cult leader and is answerable to the electorate

And any report or statement originating from Tom Watson cannot be objective due to previous history

well I not be voting for her as just read she plans bring back fox hunting! how dare she, cruel and barbaric , nor will I vote for Labour, was undecided who to vote for and still am

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Perhaps we should be able to vote for an independent ' none of the above' Prime Minister who can select a government from MP's of all parties, so that it represents the whole country and all political ideas.

If i had the power, i would ban political parties and have a house of independents, who are subject to re-election every 3 years. And they would only be able to serve a max of 2 terms i.e 6 years. This would stop career politicians. Parliament might actually start to debate the issues based on facts and you would not get MP's blindly voting as their whips have told them to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Perhaps we should be able to vote for an independent ' none of the above' Prime Minister who can select a government from MP's of all parties, so that it represents the whole country and all political ideas.

how about a 'president'...:)

http://cag.tw/224g

Now this is scary....

Ex-donors want Tony Blair body to help new breakaway Labour moderate MPs after Tory landslide

Tony Blair could secretly help moderate Labour MPs with a plot to form a new breakaway movement after the election, it has emerged.

Former Labour donors who have withdrawn their support since Jeremy Corbyn became leader are set to approach Mr Blair’s Institute for Global Change, a centre-left think tank, for help with developing policy ideas.

But while Mr Blair has signalled his desire to return to politics, the donors do not want him to take a public role in the plot after his reputation was irreparably damaged by the Iraq War.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Tony Blair was a decent PM, apart from the Iraq War. The UK did very well between 1997 and 2007. Then Gordon Brown was unlucky with the world banking crash.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

http://cag.tw/224g

Now this is scary....

YAAAYYYY

THREE CHEERS FOR TONY

One of the few who might actually suceed

May - deceit, hide, use 'royal perogative' to bypass parliament, and use the 'great repeal' to make parliament actually rather than chosenly pointless

Corbyn - just a liar - the end justifies the means - and the end is him in power

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahalothman/buzzfeed-news-has-been-denied-access-to-campaign-events?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=The%2BSnap&utm_term=.ci7q7AZY&subid=19389892&CMP=snap_election_briefing#.ja94eOQb

Fallon - is that how its spelt? - clueless idiot. but perhaps useful as a stopgap to stop the two wannabe dictators

Tony Blair + Nick Clegg - YAAAAAYYYYY - come back - all is forgiven

The Tory Legacy

cldn't be doing with blair again. even if think he 'did very well' (which is debatable :))

it reminds. he said: this is not the time for soundbites, then it gives a soundbite...

Always like to hear what Chunky Mark thinks about things at this time.Let's take a look.Tawnyowl unbiassed as usual.:lol:

OMG!!! What a manifesto!! Jeremy Corbyn absolutely smashing it

cldn't be doing with blair again. even if think he 'did very well' (which is debatable :))

it reminds. he said: this is not the time for soundbites, then it gives a soundbite...

Who then?

Corbyn

soundbite 'for the many not the few

The many is his 230,000 followers who think anything he does is right (err left) isnt it - That certainly doesn't sound like that many to me

He's a liar and a pure fanatic who utterly believes he is right and any means to his goal - God knows what he'll actually do. I genuinely believe he is a real danger to us all and a greater danger to British democracy than May could ever be - and she is a REAL and PRESENT danger to the UK's democratic process.

Hilary Benn maybe?

Maggies dark side of the farce mini-me-maggie-May

- I really believed she would turn out better - ah well

Boris? IDS? Gove?

- Yeshua grant me peace - anybody but any of these three demons from the darkest corner of hells pit of deceit - Maybe even Corbyn rather than one of those - but its a close call.

Somebody other than emergency escape pod man Farron from the libdems

with his utterly stupid 1p tax rise which

a) wont cover whats needed

b) Really unpopular

c) Makes him look like another corporate tax evader supporting lets stuff the easy mark tax payers man - even Corbyn aint that stupid.

What a prat - he's probably just lost 25% of his potential vote.

It seems to me they all - with the single possible exception of Hillary Benn - make Toni and Nick seem like Heroes.

The Tory Legacy

Hilary Benn working with Mr Corbyn and getting to the bottom of what is exactly the right way forward for the country. You must have unity in a belief or you get divisions in the message.

People want to know what these divisions are. A good idea for Mr Benn and Mr Corbyn to face the public on camera and tell us what the divisions are and solve them between themselves.

C'mon both show us how lives can be improved !!

I'm watching question time and I would say to the Cons, who's writing your cheques to gain your power.

Well done to the man who said money can be found to bail out banks in answer to the Cons as to where money is coming from.

Hilary Benn working with Mr Corbyn and getting to the bottom of what is exactly the right way forward for the country. You must have unity in a belief or you get divisions in the message.

LOL

"Lines that “freedom of movement will end” and that Labour would oversee a “new system” were not opposed when raised by Starmer, one of those present said."

... because jes will do what he intends to do no matter what is said to get in power

The Tory Legacy

LOL

"Lines that “freedom of movement will end” and that Labour would oversee a “new system” were not opposed when raised by Starmer, one of those present said."

... because jes will do what he intends to do no matter what is said to get in power

"Jeremy Corbyn has agreed to toughen up Labour’s general election message on immigration and Brexit after concerns the party’s manifesto could turn off its working class vote."

Read Carefully - He's only agreed to '"toughen up the message" - not actually do it.

Just like the Torys 'targets' and messages like 'we are the party of low tax'

- depends which one of the many taxes they are talking about - eg corporation tax.

The Tory Legacy