Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This seems to be a building story as the Election comes closer.Could cause a few problems perhaps.

Dennis Skinner 19.04.2017 Prime Ministers Questions *Tory Election Fraud*

Dennis Skinner was on his feet from the moment PMQs started today. He stood after every question. He finally got a chance to Question Tedious Theresa with a corker about MPs under investigation for Election fraud from 2015 standing at this Election...... His come back at the very end " THAT'S THE REAL REASON WHY YOU'VE CALLED IT"........ its right after the next person is called

Question Starts 37.10 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MBvOC5T0TM

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find Skinner's question quite amusing given that Simon Danczuk is campaigning to return to the fold - Simon is an MP suspended after sexting a 17 year old dominatrix who later sold her toenails on the internet !!

And who wants to stand in his place... Shahid Malik, who in 2007 became Britain's first Muslim Minister who as, International Development minister, claimed £235 on his 2nd home allowances to pay insurance premiums for his Wife's engagement ring !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I find Skinner's question quite amusing given that Simon Danczuk is campaigning to return to the fold - Simon is an MP suspended after sexting a 17 year old dominatrix who later sold her toenails on the internet !!
:lol:

Sorry i find that story quite amusing.Do you know how much she got for them citizenB

And this story.

MPs’ expenses: 46 claim in London despite owning a property

Forty six MPs have claimed expenses for London rent or hotels despite owning a property in the capital, a Channel 4 News investigation has found.

https://www.channel4.com/news/mps-expenses-46-claim-in-london-despite-owning-a-property

Who can you trust nowadays, to run the country.

I am not that good with politics,i will leave it to the wise ones now.

:lol:

Sorry i find that story quite amusing.Do you know how much she got for them citizenB

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/03/simon-danczuk-mps-17-year-old-sext-buddy-wasnt-innocent-youth-but-online-dominatrix/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-sexted-shamed-mp-simon-7109909

Apparently they were on offer for £10.00, TO :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

speaking of toe parts

If anyone was wondering about the references (particularly from Carbuncle) about crosby this is what its about

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/20/lynton-crosby-and-dead-cat-won-election-conservatives-labour-intellectually-lazy

I think this will define the current election buildup.

Lies like

the Torys saying the economy is safe in their hands

See UK debt increase under Torys above

The Torys have MASSIVELY increased the UK's debt, and that wouldn't be so bad if they had built some significant UK infrastructure using it, but they haven't. ASlways promises of balancing the books nesxt year, while the rich get tax cuts THIS year

Under the Tortys the roads are in a state of collapse and local government has no money to fix them, while juggernauts roll along those roads polluting the air and destroying the roads further, earning profit for massive corporations and banks who pay no tax here.

The LIE that NHS is safe with the Torys

The NHS has been cut and cut and whatever funds they are allocatied - actually half of it goes to the increasing private sector. Privatisation by stealth.

The justification - the NHS cant cope so give the money to a tax break funded private start up.

The Torys says they are building a fairer society

Yet corrupt bankers continue to walk free and make obscene profits from immoral trading when they promised they would help business

Large corporation and banks continue to pay little tax if any, and if one of the few who are actually chased, usually due to newspapers highlighting the issue, they get a sweet deal and pay very little.

Politicians fiddle expenses and cheat the system

But May has complete confidence in them

Is Corbyn any better?

Absolutely not.

He is spouting about sorting the bankers and tax avoiders as EVERY government or wannabe government does.

Is there any substance to his rhetoric?

Not an ounce.

Lets see some detail on these plans Carbuncle. Something more than politicians BS one liners.

You'll do sod all about it, just like your predecessors, just like the Torys.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?”

Farage, Feb 2024 talking smack about the Peninsula town

.. before he decided he wanted their votes

Would that not be in the political party own Election Manifesto??

You mean like the 2015 Tory manifesto pledges of

A Clear economic plan

A brighter, more secure future

Well theres no clear economic plan I can see, nor do I see a bright, secure future.

and their statement that

"Over the last five years, we have put our country back on the right track. Five years ago, Britain was on the brink. As the outgoing Labour Treasury Minister put it with brutal candour, 'there is no money'. Since then, we have turned things around."

Yep, true, they now have money, which they have given in Tax breaks to private medicine start-ups,

first time house buyer benefit schemes - mainly to people on over 100k+ a year income

etc etc

but we do now as a nation have masses and masses of debt ...

and thats just the weasel words that can be interpreted almost any way. Wheres the solid facts.

They even had to turnaround on one of the very few of those after the white van man tax proposals.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Oh and this one

"we will maintain the amount of money that follows each child into school,"

as far as I can see it has reduced, although that could be 'reduced' in real terms

oops nearly forgot this one

build 200,000 new Starter Homes – 20 per cent below the market price

In fact it would be easier sorting out pledges that had been met

The Tory Legacy

ah hah

we will raise the 40p Income Tax threshold to £50,000 and take the family home out of tax by increasing the effective Inheritance Tax threshold for married couples and civil partners to £1 million – so you can keep more of your income and pass it on to future generations

The Tory Legacy

On 21 May 2004, Jeremy Corbyn raised an early day motion entitled “pigeon bombs”, proposing that the House register being “appalled but barely surprised” that MI5 reportedly proposed to load pigeons with explosives as a weapon. The motion continued: “The House… believes that humans represent the most obscene, perverted, cruel, uncivilised and lethal species ever to inhabit the planet and looks forward to the day when the inevitable asteroid slams into the earth and wipes them out thus giving nature the opportunity to start again.”

Says it all really.

The Tory Legacy

Oh and this one

"we will maintain the amount of money that follows each child into school,"

as far as I can see it has reduced, although that could be 'reduced' in real terms

Once upon a time, education budget was purely to educate the child to a certain standard. Now school budgets have to take into consideration -

special needs

English not being the first language of the youngsters they are teaching

technology - training their teachers to use it so they can then teach the kids !

smaller classes

BCOBS

As I understand it, large building companies don't want to build the starter homes as there is no money in them.

They want to be given large tracts of Green Belt land so they can build a few large mansions for the obscenely rich foreigners and footballers.

They are prepared to pay fines/subsidies to local authorities who say.. you can build here if you build a few affordable homes.. rather than actually build the affordable/starter homes.

BCOBS

One of the flower pot men 'weighing up his best impact' in the snap campaign to 'warn the british public about brexit' (bbc)

what, with some more campaign mistakes/misleads....

:)

One of the flower pot men 'weighing up his best impact' in the snap campaign to 'warn the british public about brexit' (bbc)

what, with some more campaign mistakes/misleads....

:)

Erm ???

BCOBS

Half way there

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-stop-the-tories_uk_58f89312e4b0cb086d7e4de6?utm_hp_ref=uk

We just need something similar to additionally avoid electing Corbynistas and we are on for a better future

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/19_yf4RL133fBKscvSbID4eRKwztzY9KSI_2BMaI1bU8/pubhtml

The Tory Legacy

quick review of how to vote based on your priorities

HARD Brexit

NOT LIBDEM or Green or SNP

Vote Toty (whatever May says)

Vote UKIP (except you canr trust anything they say)

Vote Labour (except Corvyn would probably open the gates even further to immigration from everywhere - Balkans, Syria, Libya - everywhere) - worst of

Soft Brexit

Keep telling you - IT aint Brexit - will require freedom of movement, EU law priority and payments - everything that the Brexiters said would change

- Its just membership with less benefits and no refunds

Workers Rights and Environmental laws important?

DO NOT vote Tory or UKIP in as they WILL repeal them

Economy

NOT Labour - despite Corbyns completely unsupported rhetoric

NOT Conservatives - look at their record, Tax relief for the wealthy while the UK debt keeps mounting and UK assets keep being hived off. The poor get poorer and the richest get richer.

Not UKIP - they are like the worst of the |Tory wealth stealers on steroids

We are in a worse position now than when the Torys took over with 'no money' in the coffers

NHS (Do you think you or your loved ones might need the NHS at some time?)

NOT Conservatives - funds reducing in real terms and much being redirected toward private suppliers at higher cost than using the NHS

NEVER UKIP - The NHS probably wouldnt actually exist within a parliament

Pro nuclear Energy

Not Labour Not Greens

Pro Nuclear Weapons

Not Labour

Not greens

Not sure about LIBDEM

Want a fresh referendum on the negotiated terms or just want another referendum now you know about the lies

VOTE LIBDEM

VOTE SNP

VOTE Green

I might update this as policies become clearer

The Tory Legacy

Things to look at for in the Tory manifesto

White Van men/Self employed

Dropping the pledges re NO rises to self employed Tax/NI which caused that recent embarrassing turnaround

Pensioners

Dropping the triple lock or linking pension rises to rises the national minimum wage at best

NHS, Health and Social Care

Dropping the pledges which have already been weasel wording cheated on

Everyone except the really rich

Drop the pledge not to raise NI, VAT or income tax during the parliament

The Tory Legacy

At that rate Toby, lets not bother having an election. Instead of having any Politicians in Westminster, just have a permanent civil service government who work to a set of rules decided by the public, with a jury of the people picked at random each month to scrutinise them.

Each member of the jury would be offered bribes by vested interests to help achieve certain policy objectives and the civil servants would take the lucratibe directorships currents offered to ex government ministers.

Trying to create a perfect world where one party and their leader offers you most things you want, is never going to happen. You have to decide on the say 3 most important things that will affect your life and your families future. Look at what is being offered and what is most likely to happen. Make your choice, put a cross in a box and wait to be disappointed !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You have to decide on the say 3 most important things that will affect your life and your families future. Look at what is being offered and what is most likely to happen. Make your choice, put a cross in a box and wait to be disappointed !

Isnt that what my list tries to assist in?

The Tory Legacy

While your earlier graph is true Toby, it doesn't show the real picture. The below graph shows government borrowing and it certainly drops after David Cameron came into power. If it hadn't dropped like this, how do you think the total debt graph that you posted would have progressed?

borrowing-percent-gdp-exclude-royal-mail.png

Soggymoggy

That is just the deficit i.e difference between spending and earnings. The coaltion from 2010 increased taxes and reduced increase in spending. After the 07/08 world banking crash, the UK economy would have recovered after a few years anyway and the deficit reduced. If you look at government deficits, the UK still has a higher deficit than other major economies.

I doubt had a Labour government been re-elected in 2010, that the general economic position would have been much different. Politicians don't really make much difference to economics, which are up/down on a global scale.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I disagree, I think the position would be worse.

I don't think Labour would have introduced the austerity measures that the Tories did. If that were to be the case then they would have needed to pull in more taxes through a better employment rate. Apart from retaining civil servants that the Tory party have allowed to go, I doubt that would have happened enough to cover the difference.