style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has just called me saying that he has to pay £400 fine .

It turns out that he drove through a bus lane In September 2016 & he has had numerous letters sent to him at our old address.

Now we moved house in 2016 , & he didn't change his drivers licence until a month after this had happened.

he contacted the company today & they said he has to pay the £400 otherwise they will take his car.

They also said they have sent bailiffs to the old house loads of times.

.My son said that he changed his licence the month after this must have happened, but the DC said tough ,

they have been pursuing him at the old address for the last 8 months & he has to pay!

& the guy said not their problem!

Surely if his licence address was changed not even a month after this had happened, they would be able to get hold of him at the new address?

Can he appeal this?

Thanks

Name names

Who is saying they'll send bailiffs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If he only just found out maybe an Out Of Time to Northampton TEC is an option, other Caggers can clarify.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If he only just found out maybe an Out Of Time to Northampton TEC is an option, other Caggers can clarify.

He only found out today. He has the letter from our previous address. i dont understand , usually DCA will find you any way they can , these don't seem to have bothered. His licence address was changed about 3 weeks after this happened. According to the date the bailiff gave.

there are procedures that the bailiffs have to go through and one of these is attending the property as addressed at the time of judgement, which will be the old address because that si the one the DVLA gave the council. They may well know it is the wrong address and have the correct address but until someone bothers to go to court to vary the order they have to do as the writ says.

It can be argued that the papers werent served properly and the clock is reset back to the £80 fine stage if your son wasnt tardy in changing the keeper details (that appears to be OK)

It will have to wait until Monday now but he must contact the TEC and ask to make an Out of Time and they should email the forms to him. If they are returned the same way then enforcement can be put on hold usually for 6 weeks or so. Hopefully the matter can be rewound back to initial ticket and obviously it will then be in his own interests to pay it.

0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 and the lines are open between 8.30 am until 4pm Monday to Friday, you need the PCN no.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well the bailiff kept calling my son , so I contacted the court & was advised to fill out the OUT OF TIME paperwork & to contact the council who originally issued the ticket & ask them to call off the bailiff! I called the council & was told the court had already sent confirmation that my son was filling in the OOT paperwork & the bailiff would be notified & not to worry. Phew!

Get that sent off asap & hope they take it back to the original fine .

Well the bailiff kept calling my son , so I contacted the court & was advised to fill out the OUT OF TIME paperwork & to contact the council who originally issued the ticket & ask them to call off the bailiff! I called the council & was told the court had already sent confirmation that my son was filling in the OOT paperwork & the bailiff would be notified & not to worry. Phew!

Get that sent off asap & hope they take it back to the original fine .

Has the Out of Time witness statement already been submitted to the Traffic Enforcement Centre?

Did your son update his address details on his V5C (Log Book) or did he only update his driving licence?