• Tweets

• no DCA is a bailiff end of neither do they have any legal powers whatsoever. i would write to everyone simply giving your current abroad address , inc proof of residency. that will stop all threats going to anywhere else.  
    • Thanks for your prompt reply. I have some questions, please: When you say nothing will happen, my 80 year-old mother is worried about potential DCA doorsteppers if/when the debts are sold on - she is a very sweet, quite vulnerable lady and she is worried she may be bullied and harrassed.  If they do come knocking, what should she say?  I told her to say she knows nothing about any of it and they have no right to come knocking on her door and to warn them police will be informed if they come back.  Problem is, I don't think she would be strong enough and can easily be bullied into saying more than she intended once the door has been answered. Next questions: 1)  Should I inform all my lenders that I have moved abroad before defaulting (to avoid the quirky English law loophole thingy that could end up in a CCJ or worse once a DCA gets hold of it)?  2)  Can/should I provide an alternative UK correspondence address to my lenders instead of my mother's home address e.g. my virtual office address for my business - would the lenders accept this as I live abroad now and don't live at my mother's address?  Can I just write and tell them, without any further ado and not get into any further questions about it and cease further correspondence with them and default?  And would this stop DCAs coming to my mother's house as it would not be my current residential address on the lenders files when passed to the DCA?  Do they doorstep previous addresses? 3)  If I don't provide a UK correspondence address will I be at risk of not being aware of any Letters of Claim etc and legal proceedings notices etc not reaching me (there's no reliable postal system in the developing country I've moved to).  Worried this would mean I could end up being taken to court without being aware of it and could end up in a worse situation. 2) What exactly will go on my credit file once I've defaulted, assuming no legal action is taken against me?    4) Should I contact any of my lenders and inform them I have zero assets.  TSB & Sainsburys already have I&E info from me which shows my income  @ £1200/mth is below the combined total of my debt repayments @ £1300/mth and that my income only just covers essential costs of living @ £1200/mth.  Could it be useful to be on my file that I have no assets, so that the DCA clearly see this when the debt is passed to them? Thanks again for any advice.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • paypal, but i would like to know if anyone knows if there is a certain time limit they have to refund you? thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Emergency lockdown in London after Policeman stabbed outside Parliament

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The argument then (which I don't accept : see above for postcards v. letters in envelopes) is that only people up to no good need to use encryption, so anything encrypted is then worthy of attention.

Mind you : who knows how secure the encryption method is?.

It has been alleged that after World War 2 machines based on the "unbreakable" Enigma method were sold for diplomatic and commercial use, with the fact that the electromechanical method (the 'bombe') for breaking the encipherment was available to GCCS.

Encryption is secure (depending on what you use)

Encryption prevents anyone from reading your PRIVATE conversations particularly given use of open wifi points and the very nature of the internet where anyone can intercept any packets on your bit of the network (which could be from and to anywhere in the world)

So unless you are happy with any tom dick or Amber reading your private interactions with your friends and loved ones, encryption is a necessity.

I can and will add currently unbreakable encryption to all my friends and loved ones phones and there will be no back door.

and if I can so can REAL terrorists - certainly far better.

BUT the real point is that this is just an excuse to implement spying on everyone - real terrorists will bypass this before its got past the end of today - in fact they almost certainly already do

(this doesn't even touch the issues of reporters sending articles from war zones or police states - where privacy and free speech isnt allowed (sic))

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About slave mentality:

I have no fear of being under surveillance, in fact i couldn't care less.

I also have no fear of terrorists because I believe that i will go when my time is up, so I have very little control over when I'm gonna die.

Death doesn't scare me either.

How am I a mentality slave if I live my life without caring about people watching me?

I do what I have to do and carry on, I do not care about people looking at me or listening to my conversation.

ah king, your posts seem a shame.

it seems you are pretty much what toby posted about the willing subservient.

it seems you have pretty much bent your back so it can be ridden.

and then blame others, like the eu etc

Personally I only lock the door to signal that the toilet is occupied.
why lock the door in the first place then if you don't give ****e someone watching :). leave it open. the 'occupied' excuse doesn't wash, as with the door open someone can see you're occupied on the ****ter anyway. :)

Will go further, when you get home you close your front door to shut out the outside world

You have no argument then for a CCTV camera in your own home monitoring your private movements by the state?

I have no problem whatsoever with that if it means saving lives.

ah king, your posts seem a shame.

it seems you are pretty much what toby posted about the willing subservient.

it seems you have pretty much bent your back so it can be ridden.

and then blame others, like the eu etc

why lock the door in the first place then if you don't give ****e someone watching :). leave it open. the 'occupied' excuse doesn't wash, as with the door open someone can see you're occupied on the ****ter anyway. :)

Why do you say that I bend my back and blame others?

This is about surveillance, not eu.

I state it again, if it saves lives I have no objection in being spied on 24/7.

Regarding the toilet, you'll find that if I left it open most people will feel embarrassed when they open the door and find me on the throne, that's another reason to keep it locked.

As said, I don't care if someone is amused by watching, as far as I'm concerned I would go in the middle of Trafalgar square.

Why do you say that I bend my back and blame others?

This is about surveillance, not eu.

you blamed the eu in yr prior post #5, which i then said was rubbish to do so...

so, you now agree...ah, the hyprocisy

Regarding the toilet, you'll find that if I left it open most people will feel embarrassed when they open the door and find me on the throne, that's another reason to keep it locked.

nice try, but it doesn't wash. i 'wont find' anything such. you're the one that wants it open, but at the same time you want it closed! just leave it open, and let whomever wants to watch you watch. :)

Funny after all thats happened, they now slide back to their little scheme of trying to force companies to open encrypted messages. Its no wonder conspiracy theorists are rife. The governement does make it kinda obvious what their agenda is

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Why do you say that I bend my back

i meant to explain.

its basically re bending over for the state, further to what has been posted.

'whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they're going somewhere. 'cause a man (or whatever) can't ride ones back unless it is bent.

you blamed the eu in yr prior post #5, which i then said was rubbish to do so...

so, you now agree...ah, the hyprocisy

nice try, but it doesn't wash. i 'wont find' anything such. you're the one that wants it open, but at the same time you want it closed! just leave it open, and let whomever wants to watch you watch. :)

I mentioned the eu in the context of protecting criminals.

We are now discussing whether it is ok for me to be watched at all times.

Of course eu doesn't allow that, so even more against it.

If I left the toilet door open, it would be inconvenient to say to everyone opening the door: "sorry, I'm using this, but you can watch if you want"

The answer would inevitably be: "why don't you lock the door then???"

I still wouldn't care if there was a camera or a number of live onlookers.

Anyhow, we're going around in circle.

I agree to be monitored for the common good, others prefer to keep their privacy even at cost of innocent lives.

Anyone who listened to radio 4 this morning (let alone got themselves reasonably informed) would have heard the UK spooks saying just what I said, that access to whatsapp etc will not make any difference and criminals and terrorists will just use other methods.

You would also have heard that Rudd is applying to the EU for authority to access these private messages of ordinary citizens, which should be refused.

Is that Rudd trying to politic 'the EU protects terrorists' BS or is it just her 'get out of stupid clueless rhetoric' card so she can say she tried and was blocked by the EU.

I think its an element of both to try and con some support from anti EU camps.

Well our security forces say exactly the same thing I did. Its utterly pointless with regards to organised criminals and terrorist messaging.

So I say again - its just attempts at blanket surveillance of the law abiding population by the back door.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Anyone who listened to radio 4 this morning (let alone got themselves reasonably informed) would have heard the UK spooks saying just what I said, that access to whatsapp etc will not make any difference and criminals and terrorists will just use other methods.

You would also have heard that Rudd is applying to the EU for authority to access these private messages of ordinary citizens, which should be refused.

Is that Rudd trying to politic 'the EU protects terrorists' BS or is it just her 'get out of stupid clueless rhetoric' card so she can say she tried and was blocked by the EU.

I think its an element of both to try and con some support from anti EU camps.

Well our security forces say exactly the same thing I did. Its utterly pointless with regards to organised criminals and terrorist messaging.

So I say again - its just attempts at blanket surveillance of the law abiding population by the back door.

Why would the government be interested in what law abiding citizens do???

They/we live a pretty boring life without never breaking the law.

What would they get from monitoring us?

Nothing, nothing of interest.

It's true that terrorists will use encrypted communication, but most of them are not the sharpest tools in the box and would slip.

It's true that terrorists will use encrypted communication, but most of them are not the sharpest tools in the box and would slip.

You might like giving all your privacy away, i certainly dont.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Because they (the politicians, not the terrorists!) don't understand what they are doing re: cryptography

You have a Home Secretary who doesn't understand the difference between a cryptographic hash function and a hash-tag on social media.

That on its own wouldn't be too bad, but if the environment exists where the people briefing them can't or won't make sure they know the difference before they go on the Andrew Marr show......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l62r7/the-andrew-marr-show-26032017

At 49:25

Because they (the politicians, not the terrorists!) don't understand what they are doing re: cryptography

You have a Home Secretary who doesn't understand the difference between a cryptographic hash function and a hash-tag on social media.

That on its own wouldn't be too bad, but if the environment exists where the people briefing them can't or won't make sure they know the difference before they go on the Andrew Marr show......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l62r7/the-andrew-marr-show-26032017

At 49:25

They almost certainly have, or would have if she had asked.

But it seems reality is not suiting her agenda.

The Tory Legacy

Then why do people who protested on saturday in london have their photographs taken by the police forward inteligence teams without their consent??

They were no breaking the law and exercising a democratic right to protest.

Do you call that type of surveillance reasonable and proportionate to be labeled as a subversive by the state??

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-security-masood-idUKKBN16Y1ZT

"British police said on Monday they had found no evidence that Khalid Masood, who killed four people in an attack on Britain's parliament last week, had any association with Islamic State or Al Qaeda,"

Neil Basu, senior national coordinator for UK counter-terrorism policing said:

"His (Masood) attack method appears to be based on low sophistication, low tech, low cost techniques copied from other attacks, and echo the rhetoric of IS leaders in terms of methodology and attacking police and civilians, but at this stage I have no evidence he discussed this with others,"

and despite this, Rudd says

'we have major terrorist plots, we want to spy on everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvs4bOMv5Xw

EU must think, This Brexit negotiation will be either easy for us as they are idiots, or they will ask for Crazy unreasonable things.

(linked infamy video not showing for some reason)

The Tory Legacy