• Tweets

• Odd one this, I recieved 2 notice's for the 18th and 19th April stating that I overstayed on Wigan Robin Retail Park. Permitted Minutes 180. They state I was there 355 minutes on the 18th and 388 minutes on the 19th. Both times I was there around 10 minutes getting my wife a brew from costa after dropping the kids off at school.  On both days I had passed through there a second time around 3pm, again to get a brew then left. Both notices have 2 images each, Entrance and exit.  This is the interesting bit. The Entrance images both timestamped actually clearly show I am exiting the retail park not entering it. And the exiting images they provided show me leaving the carpark after visiting a second time later in the day. In the attachments You'll see all 4 images show that I am exiting, none of them are of me entering. I understand most if not all that see this post won't know the area but if the look at the map link i gave you'll see the road I was on leading up to the main road. g24 ltd 1.pdfg24 ltd 1.pdf GoogleMap view of the road I am on in the entrance images I would have had dashcam footage but I since formatted the memory card. I tried recovery tools but I couldn't get the files back.  
    • An update: I just got another PCN. I get the feeling that someone in the residence is calling OPS, as it's dated for a few mins after I parked. I won't appeal of course. Interestingly, our cleaner was also parked but didn't get a PCN. I asked them why and apparently they're whitelisted. I did ask the MA if they could whitelist me and they said they couldn't. Clearly they decided not to tell the truth. Surely, this would resolve all of the issues entirely i.e. we'd keep non-residents from parking, whilst allowing for residents to park without issue? Also, could OPS now take me to court for both PCNs separately, or could it be one case?    
    • I was with sse broadband until Jun 2023 at which point without notifying me they passed me to origin broadband who I was unaware is my supplier now -  My broadband at home kept working and I was under the impression that sse are taking direct debit payments from my bank account and everything is fine because the Internet has continued to work.  To my horror I have just noticed that origin broadband has been sending me PDF bills for £39 a month and the email heading has been showing as just no reply so I thought it was junk and never bother to check it.  I have now noticed a bill every month and now I owe them some £350. I did instruct origin to supply me Internet and therfore don't feel responsible for this debt.  What are my rights and is it a legal debt considered I did not sign any agreements with them - their first contact with me tho was very clever back in July 2023 trying to lure me into an agreement however because I just saw that email now I'm not sure what to do because I owe them 400 pounds nearly supposedly at 39 per month.  Our agreement with sse was for 26 per month but they shut shop and passed us to origin without asking our consent.    The following is what origin email said back in July before they stated sending invoice every month for payment.    We hope you're enjoying your reliable phone and broadband with us. We're just letting you know your phone and broadband package will end on 30 Jun 2023. Thankfully, good things don't need to come to an end - read on to decide what you want to do next.   Below you'll find the details of your current package and some other great options to compare it to.   What can I do - shall I just pay the debt and cancel it and move elsewhere or is there any way I can fight this as they are more or less enforced upon us with out permission by sse who most Likly sold our accounts to them.    Any help greatly appreciated 
    • whyisthis - Oh bless ya, it's so easily done.  Not worth losing sleep over; listen to the guys here, they know their stuff.  They won't take you to court, they'd get laughed out of it x
    • Monk - you are an experienced and respected member of this forum. Surely you realise how vitally important it is to respect court deadlines. There was no lack of knowledge.  You knew the deadline date.  You calculated it yourself in post 5.  It was written on the claimform.  Defence deadlines are written on probably a thousand threads on the forum. Sorry, but if you're up for a legal fight you also have to be up for organising yourself properly. As for now - 1.  pay it within 30 days and the CCJ disappears, or 2.  don't pay, nothing "legal" will happen, but you'll have a CCJ for six years.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Erudio/Drydens claimform - old Student loan

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name of the Claimant ? Erudio Student Loans Limited

Date of issue –13th March 2017

Date to submit defence - 14th April 2017

What is the claim for –

1. The claim is for the sum of £566.96 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with Student Loans Company under account number xxxxxx upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with.

3. The balance owed was assigned from Student Loans Company to the claimant, and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter.

What is the value of the claim? £566.96

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Student loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 1999

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Erudio

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? I assume so but don't have a copy

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I assume so but don't have a copy

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? I have a 'notice of sum in arrears' from Jan 2017. I may have received this very year but have not kept them

Why did you cease payments? I was earning below the threshold and then I entered into a DMP with a company that went in to administration and it slipped through the net

What was the date of your last payment? I'm not sure - I called Drydens and they said July 2011

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes, a long time back

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

don't sign anything

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

paying till 2011

so they are simply treating it as a std loan.

and they

follow post 31

cca goes to THE CLAIMANT.

print your name using your PC

Mr Bloggs...

and they

Oh dear. I sent it to Drydens as advised here earlier and asked them to send to Erudio if needed.

I did sign on an anti- tamper as I did with my previous CCA and CPR but my signature would be different now to when I took the loan out as it was my maiden name.

Should I now send another CCA?

no let it run.

you should never sign any letters you don't need too

and they

rubbish you're doing fine

simply learning..nothing that cant be addressed...

so same as this one then

read my last pos there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?474998-Erudio-Dryden-claimform-1996-Student-Loan-Debt-Matured-already-(7-Viewing)-nbsp&p=5008383#post5008383

and they

• 2 weeks later...

don't miss your defence filing date

and they

yep

and they

Could you please take a look at my defence below, thanks.

1. The claim is for the sum of £566.96 in respect of monies owing by the defendant on a credit agreement held by the defendant with Student Loans Company under account number xxxxxx upon which the defendant failed to maintain payments.

2. A default notice was served upon the defendant and has not been complied with.

3. The balance owed was assigned from Student Loans Company to the claimant, and the defendant has been notified of the assignment by letter.

Proposed holding/no paperwork Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted and accepted the Defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Student Loans Company. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or debt by which the Claimant refers to within this claim. The Defendant has sought verification from the Claimant who as of this date has been unable to comply.

3. Paragraph 2 & 3 are denied. I am not aware of any service of a Default Notice pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit Act 1974 or of any legal assignment or Notices of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 section 136 (1) as stated on the claim by the Claimant or by Erudio. I have never received Notice of Sums in Arrears given that the Claimants plead they are the legal owner of any alleged debt.

4. Notwithstanding the above on receipt of the claim requests for information pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act (section 78) and CPR 31.14 were posted to the Claimant’s address on 16th March 2017. To date the Defendant has received an acknowledgment from the Claimant’s legal representative with regard the requests for information under s78 CCA or CPR 31.14 but no further respons4. The Claimant in their non-compliance to my requests therefore remain in default.

Therefore and pursuant to the CCA1974 the Claimant is prevented from any enforcement during this lack of service.

5. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

b) show how the Defendant’s alleged debt has reached the amount claimed for; and

c) show the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice and subsequent Notice of Sums in Arrears in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974; and

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. As per civil procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant proves the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant claims to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

remove the notwithstandings and the therefores

and the extra line of point 4

and they

and they

Any better?

Proposed holding/no paperwork Defence

1. The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted and accepted the Defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Student Loans Company. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or debt by which the Claimant refers to within this claim. The Defendant has sought verification from the Claimant who as of this to date has failed to supply any relevant paperwork.comply.

3. Paragraph 2 & 3 are denied. I am not aware of any service of a Default Notice pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit Act 1974 or of any legal assignment or Notices of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 section 136 (1) as stated on the claim by the Claimant or by Erudio. I have never received any Notice of Sums in Arrears given that the Claimants plead they are the legal owner of any alleged debt.

4. On receipt of the claim requests for information pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act (section 78) and CPR 31.14 were posted to the Claimant’s address on 16th March 2017. To date other than the Defendant has received an acknowledgment from the Claimant’s legal representative with regard the requests for information under s78 CCA or CPR 31.14 but no further response. The Claimant in their non-compliance to my requests therefore they remain in default.

In accordance to the CCA1974 the Claimant is prevented from any enforcement during this lack of service.

5. It is not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

b) show how the Defendant’s alleged debt has reached the amount claimed for; and

c) show the nature of breach and service of a Default Notice and subsequent Notice of Sums in Arrears in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974; and

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. As per civil procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant proves the allegation that the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, as the Claimant claims to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

no 1 should be unnumbered

its a generic comment about the whole of the claim and your following defence

add red bits

remove blue bits

and they

Thanks dx100uk

3rd time lucky?

Particulars of Claim

The Defendant contends that the Particulars of Claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. Paragraph 1 is noted and accepted the Defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Student Loans Company. I am unable to recall the precise details of the alleged agreement or debt. The Defendant has sought verification from the Claimant who as to date has failed to supply any relevant paperwork.

2. Paragraph 2 & 3 are denied. I am not aware of any service of a Default Notice pursuant to section 87 of the consumer credit Act 1974 or of any legal assignment or Notices of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 section 136 (1) by the Claimant or by Erudio. I have never received any Notice of Sums in Arrears given that the Claimants plead they are the legal owner of any alleged debt.

3. On receipt of the claim requests for information pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act (section 78) and CPR 31.14 were posted to the Claimant’s address on 16th March 2017. To this date thee claimant remains in default.

4. It is not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

5. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5 (4) it is expected that the Claimant proves the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, as the Claimant claims to be an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

blue bit to go

as far as I'm aware that's ok

but legals not my strong point.

and they

wont hurt

and they