reassessment for esa

Sheffsix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my phone call from dwp today re:my atos assesment which i attended in early august this year,

telling me id failed the assesment (wasn't surprised) the woman was quick to say do you want me to put you through to jobcentre plus,which i said i will be appealing the decision,and was told i will have 28 days to do so,i asked for a copy of the atos assesment and was told i would have to request it when i appealed,and they would consider it, im not sure if she meant consider giving me a copy or consider the report again (confused) surely if i request a copy i will have less time to appeal? by the time it arrives in the post.ive been through this before but wasn't aware at the time i could request a copy of report,hence why i asked this time,ive got the CAB involved so they will help me with the appeal,

any tips or advice would be gratefully recieved, thanks.

Cobblers:

For future reference, the quickest way to access a copy ESA85 is via a phone call to your benefit delivery centre two working days after the messical.

From where you are now a phone call or written request to your benefit delivery centre may or may not get you a copy before the appeal deadline.

Should all else fail, there will be a copy of the ESA85 in the response to your appeal from Jobcentreplus, otherwise known as 'the bundle'.

Did Jobcentreplus offer to send a GL24? If not, there's a downloadable copy on the internet.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

You can visit CAB later if you wish. All you need is your GL24 and say that you wish to appeal, add the most basic of details and get it sent off. Everything else can be added later at your leisure ...

I am very surprised and angry they have told you that you can't have a copy of your report till you have put in an appeal, this is personal information pertaining to you and you have every right to it.

When I failed my ATOS assessment last year I requested my copy over the phone and received in within 2 days which was before they had recieved my written appeal. I would personally phone them and ask for a DM to call you back and request that this report is sent out directly not when you appeal has finally dropped on someone's desk to deal with as that alone can take an age.....

Good luck with your appeal.

Don't forget to add to your appeal form (GL24), that you wish to claim ESA at the assessment rate, whilst you are appealing, I believe that because you have failed the so called medical, you have to send in fit notes (sick notes) from your GP, if that's wrong I'm sure someone will correct me. Good luck x

Yep, you have to keep sending in the (un)fit notes. With regard to the 'medical' (it ain't no medical!) report, there are two versions. A small 'un with limited info (and usually lot's of 0s) which should go out with the decision. Then a gurt big 'un of mainly repeated computer claptrap that will come automatically with the DWP bundle of appeal bumpf. Even after you receive the bundle there's usually plenty of time to go through it and submit challenges of it before the Tribunal date ...

• 4 years later...

hi ive been on support group of esa for near on two years

,ive received the renewal esa50 form today

,there has been no changes in my health since i was assessed last time

,is it wise to rewrite what was written in my original claim in 2015 or should i seek help with the forms,

last time the cab helped but the person who helped is no longer at the cab and im uncomfortable with people i dont know,

also is it likely that i will have to go too another face 2 face assessment,

i got the support group points due to bladded problems so my mental health was never even discussed.thanks

For your history

Several passed threads merged

To help people

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi ive been on support group of esa for near on two years

,ive received the renewal esa50 form today

,there has been no changes in my health since i was assessed last time

,is it wise to rewrite what was written in my original claim in 2015 or should i seek help with the forms, if the forms were well-completed last time and nothing has changed, you could just copy everything though it may be worth changing the wording slightly so it's not obviously copied, there are also plenty of guides online to filling in the forms, don't forget to include every bit of evidence you have, even the report from your last assessment (if it went your way) and/or the appeal outcome

last time the cab helped but the person who helped is no longer at the cab and im uncomfortable with people i dont know,

also is it likely that i will have to go too another face 2 face assessment,who knows? all you can do is send as much information as you can gather together in time and keep your fingers crossed.

i got the support group points due to bladded problems so my mental health was never even discussed.thanks

Hope it goes well for you

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.