• Tweets

• I suggested consideration of bankruptcy some years ago. It was not well received.
    • That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
    • Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New Generation Parking Management - PCN Prospect Place, Cardiff CF11 0AS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've been reading through the forum and have so far only found a couple of older threads relating to these chancers...

I've received a Parking Charge Notice through the post from NewGeneration Parking Management stating that i was "not parked in marked bay". This was indeed the case but there were no available visitors spaces and we were staying at a friend's flat in the housing estate. I had a valid parking ticket for the entire period.

I've copied the standard answers in to the thread below and have attached a copy of the letter as a pdf.

1 Date of the infringement

05/11/2016 21:43

2 Date on the NTK

11/11/2016

3 Date received

14/11/2016

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?

No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes, photos of my car taken by a digital camera, no ANPR

6 Have you appealed?

Not yet.

Have you had a response?

7 Who is the parking company?

New Generation Parking Management

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

Prospect Place, Cardiff CF11 0AS

It states on the letter that they are a member of the IPC and that they use the IAS for appeals.

Should i just appeal via their website stating that the charge isn't valid, using the standard response?

Many thanks in advance,

Adam

IMG_20161114_0001_01.pdf

Edited by Andyorch
Edited

You have 2 choices,

ignore them for the moment

or send a short letter saying that no breach of contract occurred.

You then have to get your friend to photograph the signs there so we can be assured that this is actually the case.

This is just a delaying letter fro the moment until we have sight of the signage.

You can also ask your friend if the parking is included in the LEASE or whether it is part of a separate arrangement.

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick response. My friend's lease does include the parking space as part of the agreement. I've uploaded a copy of the signs displayed too.

Cheers,

Adam

pcn-image2.jpg

pcn-image1.jpg

their signage is out of date regarding their ATA so not enforceable.

This means they have broken the DPA by getting your keeper details.

Also, they havent cretaed a keeper liability as they have abused their position

They wont have planning permission for the signage and I would bet that their contract is with some astate management co and not the landowner.

Ask your friend who the managing agents are and that will give you the answer to that point.

A contract with a third party isnt binding on you as the pakring co have no "locus standi"

• Confused 1

their signage is out of date regarding their ATA so not enforceable. Thhis means they have broken the DPA by getting your keeper details. Also, they havent cretaed a keeper liability as they have abused their position

They wont have planning permission for the signage and I would bet that their contract is with some astate management co and bnot the landowner. Ask your friend who the managing agents are and that will give you the answer to that point. A contract with a third party isnt binding on you as the pakring co have no "locus standi"

Brilliant spot there EB. Due to that fact, I wouldn't even bother appealing as if this ever came to court, the claimant would have to prove those signs were not there at the time of the infringement. Muppets

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ah I didn't even spot that so thank you very much.

Is it not worth contacting them and pointing this out to save the hassle of not knowing if they're going to think about taking legal action in the future and get closure on it then?

You could inform them of this fact but no doubt they will try and bluff their way out of it. As they are members of the very biased IPC, any appeal to them will be rejected as they don't seem to use anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Personally, I would let them hang themselves. As they are with the IPC, they may just try it on with Gladstons Solicitors who are also run by the same people as the IPC and the IAS (conflict of interest???)

Gladstones tend to file flawed particulars of claim and while you may have to attend the county court to defend a claim, you will get your costs paid and if they did file whilst knowing the signs were unlawful, this could then be classed as a vexatious claim and you get more costs from NGP.

Even if BW Legal took the case, the same applies.

That is why I would say ignore them. What would be good is to get your friend to video himself by the signs and hold a copy of that days newspaper. Nobody can argue that fact, could they!

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 months later...

All,

Few months down the line now and after a single "reminder" letters I've now received the attached. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated so if anyone else gets the same invoice from New Generation Parking Management they can see their deceitful process...

Still keep ignoring or do I have to respond yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66823[/ATTACH]

Hi

I have had to unapprove the attachment as it contains reference numbers which could identify you.

As for FEC, I would say FEC off! :-)

As an edit, A director of FEC is Anthony Roberts who is a director of....wait for it....NGP

FEC are less than a year old as well

That's fine as far as I can see.

My original opinion stands. Ignore. NGP will have to take court action to get a penny. You may wish to head this off if you choose but NGP are not known for common sense.

You could write and inform them that any claim will be fully defended and their failures will be brought before the court.

note the amount they claim has gone up to £160. Perhaps you should look up thie FCA registration number!!!

save you the trouble, I did. They arent registered so they cant handle money on behalf of clients nor enter into credit agreements, as would be required to bump the money up to £160 from whatever NGP wanted.

Now you know this it makes them less scary and more like criminal chancers.

No debt collector ever has any rights or interests in any matter. They all know this but rely on your ignorance and a threatening name to make you think they are something they arent. they are not bailiffs and even bailiffs have prescribed procedures and limits as to what they can say or do.