Park with Ease Brockholes Unfair Parking invoices **WON CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its not where you reside

its where the car park is.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speechless? Totally confused ?

For anyone checking out the thread for a solution to their own issues –a briefish summary.

To those who have replied and offered support and advice

- just flip to third from last paragraph and laugh

2/9/16 – receive charge from PWE (dated 24th August) for non payment of parking at Brockholes nature reserve Preston on 9th August:

2/9/16 immediately sent off email informing them that I had parked and paid £6 (max daily charge)

2/9/16 as I cannot know whether emails have been delivered or not

– also sent letter (paid for it to be signed for

– missed post that day so will left here 3/9/16 delivered 6/9/16)

2/9/16 – joined this forum and learned that I had done everything wrong as NTK was out of time anyway!

Sat 3/9/16 Phoned Brockholes Nature reserve

– told by polite and apparently sympathetic member of staff that Park With Ease is an Ethical Company but she will look into it.

In the meantime I should follow instructions for PWE re appeals procedure (which I had already done)

Sunday 4/9/16 (10.01pm) email response from PWE

Thank you for your email.

We have checked the records and there is no payment made against your registration.

Due to this we cannot accept your appeal

Monday 5/9/16 Phone Brockholes Nature Reserve again

– very upset

– told employee I wanted print outs from pay machine showing all registrations that day + any CCTV footage available.

Employee told me she would look into it and ring me back

– she did so 5 minutes later and informed me that a registration very similar to mine had paid full amount.

Monday 5/9/16 – re- emailed Park With Ease with above information

– also explained why I might have made error

- new car to me/young children locked in car a few hundred metres away/ took me some time to find pay machine/etc

Initially got automated response

Monday 5/9/16 10.46 pm (they certainly work late hours!) got response

…. The registration is not similar to your vehicle however we will on this occasion cancel your charge. …..

Happy …

tell forum all is done and dusted

– even though I didn’t like their reply.

Monday 12/9/16 receive letter from PWE dated 7th September

(ie 2 days after they had cancelled charges by email)

saying charges now outstanding and I need to act within 14 days to prevent legal action

Panic sets in – prepare for unpleasant court action – even though I believe I am in the right.

Friday 16/9/16 receive letter from PWE dated 12/9/16

Having checked the payments made we can see your payment of the correct amount against the right registration we can only assume that there was a system communication error at the time.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

We have cancelled the charge.

Talk about left hand not knowing what right hand is doing

–so according to PWE firstly,

no payment matches my reg/ Brockholes say a similar reg made right payment,

now PWE say right payment against right reg…

. so in the end they are inadvertently saying have got my details from DVLA under false pretences.

I do hope this is now a final goodbye to this thread and very big thankyou to the forum for your help and support

– but I will be keeping copies of all papers for a long, long time

– and in meantime still awaiting replies to my letters to Brockholes itself/parent charity

– Lancashire Wildlife Trust and the DVLA. (Trading Standards phoned me in response to my letter)

Just an end note

– wondering if the general lack of support from Brockholes to similar complaints over last few years is because they get a cut of the charges in terms of “donations

Ethical + private parking company = oxymoron

I doubt they get anything

and pay an annual fee to employ PWE.

couldn't make it up could you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't .....id like to see the trust get something they do a good job I bet

but sadly 99/100 whoever employs a PPC get bugger all in terms of cut of parking charges

and has to pay them to operate on their behalf

and they

Keep everything safe just in case they 'focus' up again. As they have now admitted the error, I would make a complaint to the DVLA about them accessing keeper data they had no right to. PWE are most certainly in breach of the Data Protection Act even though it is a minor breach in the grand scale of things.

I cannot see a reason why you can't also raise a formal complaint against them PWE too for all the time stress and costs associated with this farce.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Your case has made it to the pranksters site. As he hasn't linked it to this thread, I won't bother linking to it either. Ya boo! :smile:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Not sure if this should be in this thread or in a separate thread:

Still awaiting response re when PWE accessed my personal data from DVLA but a response from DVLA to a separate request has given me the following information (copied and pasted from DVLA reply)

DVLA has processed 18,489 requests for vehicle keeper details from Park with Ease

Ltd between 14 March 2014 (when they became a member of an appropriate Accredited Trade Association)

and 7 September 2016.

Ethical + private parking company = oxymoron

• 2 weeks later...

As a somewhat final mention on this thread, I took it upon myself to email brockholes - then completely forgot about checking for a response, until today-

Thank you for your email of 05 September 2016 with reference to parking arrangements at Brockholes Nature Reserve.

We do use Park with Ease to manage our car park system and we are in regular contact with the company and conduct regular reviews around the processes.

Park with Ease operate an appeals process and an investigation is conducted with every appeal raised.

We can't comment on individual cases without any details as we don't know the circumstances surrounding the issue of the PCN,

we also cannot make comments on individual cases unless directly to the individual involved.

As there is an appeals process to follow,

it is important that we also follow that process to make sure this is as smooth and as prompt as possible so it is important that we allow Park With Ease to follow their processes and we always do our best to guide people through this if they need assistance.

Brockholes relies on the car parking income to keep the nature reserve running.

Before the Park With Ease system was installed, we were losing in excess of £20,000 per year due to visitors deliberately not paying for parking which was why the system was introduced.

Whilst this hasn't completely resolved with the new system, it has dramatically reduced

and meant we have been able to deliver much more vital conservation work on the reserve.

Brockholes doesn't receive any direct funding and without this income the reserve simply couldn't be sustained, nor the facilities used by our visitors maintained.

Brockholes doesn't generate a profit, it simply operates to be self-sustaining and provide more people access to nature and wildlife.

It's a shame that Brockholes either don't know (or don't want to know) that the appeals service is a sham due to the IPC turning a blind eye to their members practices.